forum rss feed
Author

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Bohemian: 276 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jun 20, 00:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds wrote:

Oh JB, you have always been a tricky one ;)

OK, two more names to add to my list. We have plenty of time but, as we get closer, we should decide on the message and you all can let me know if you want me to use your QZ names.

Before my Ireland trip got cancelled, we had been planning to drive past the castle where that concert was. I love to be able to see the places I read about with actual eyes, ya know?

Me too! Please add my name to the wall! Thanks!

Lsgp03

Posted: 19 Jun 20, 00:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 881 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 20, 00:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL, it's a good thing we have some time to decide what names we want Amidds to use on Freddie's wall. I'd prefer Katy, but that's because I try to keep my online life and my private life separate. MHZ, even if Amidds shared the pictures privately, we'd all still see your name wouldn't we?? Just thinking out loud, I don't want this to turn into a big deal.

Saw this on FB today, and I'm going to try to watch it. It will only be posted for 24 hours. That drives me crazy because it means I actually have to remember to watch.

http://www.queenonline.com/news/24-hour-youtube-tour-watch-party-this-weekend

Lsgp03

Posted: 19 Jun 20, 00:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doesn’t this guy here in this picture look like circa 1990 electronics salesman?

Attachment: 202061948970353.png 267 KB
This has been downloaded 26 time(s).

Lsgp03

Posted: 19 Jun 20, 00:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I mean looking at that photo you would not think global musical legend, and if you put a 1974 long haired Freddie picture next to this, you’d never know it was the same guy.

Posted: 19 Jun 20, 00:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lsgp, I love almost all of Freddie's looks. The one I didn't like was the mullet and that was short-lived. I even think the bearded look from his last years looked good.

Amidds user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 346 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 20, 13:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lsgp, you are added! We DO have plenty of time but put your thinking caps on, idk how much space will be available so we might have to be creative ;) No worries about real names - if that's what you want, maybe I can have my daughter put her hand over the real ones if you don't want it seen?? I'm the same way, I really try to protect my identity and that of my kids on social media cause you just never know. Plus, I have a crazy ex and his current wife that I try to hide from so, I get it! We'll figure it out! Since the party isn't going to be happening, I will have a couple of days to do this!

And thanks for the pic - he DOES look like a salesman. Of course, he could've been selling air and everyone would've bought from him!!!

Katy - thanks for the link! I'm one of those people that has a really hard time listening to Queen songs with any vocals that aren't Freddie but that seems like it would be really interesting! Of course, I will have a problem remembering too lol

MyHumanZoo user not visiting Queenzone.com
MyHumanZoo
Bohemian: 319 posts

Posted: 19 Jun 20, 19:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I suppose it doesn’t really matter if it’s my real name...the thought will still be there. And now I kind of like the idea of all of our QZ names being on there as a group...so we can represent ourselves together with Freddie!

That picture cracks me up...it does look like a salesman....or as we get around here some of the religious groups where young men put on a white shirt and tie and hand out brochures door to door. That sure isn’t a Freddie job though!! : )

I listened to a Rudi interview today, he had it with the leader of an Italian Queen fan group. Rudi actually shared interesting stuff....like that he was the one that first came up with the idea for the ay-oh call back with Freddie on screen, this was first done at the tribute concert. And that the criteria for the performers at that concert were singers that Freddie really loved. He also talked about Michael Jackson...and described him as very, very,very,very strange! I even counted the “very’s”! Rudi had to sign a contract that he would not look Michael in the eye (look another direction) whenever Michael entered a room.

On the book side, he said that he had gotten “unpublished” pictures from photographers around the world to send him pictures to put in it. I have my doubts on the unpublished status, I sure hope it really isn’t stuff we’ve all seen before. He will also have pictures of his own in it that have not been seen. He also said he’s going to put some of his Art Rudi Art pictures in it...I am hoping that goes away as I don’t need to see that stuff. I am afraid this book is going to be so fat...he said it was 60 chapters, I think? I am still wondering if he even has a publisher, or if he is doing all this thinking someone will just print it as-is. I highly doubt that. So who knows what it will really end up being.

Love is still the answer, take my hand...
CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2166 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 20, 01:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MHZ, A little strange is good it keeps you in suspense and in extreme curiosity about the other person. A little strange is always good. Freaks are the the funniest people to be around I remember a party where Freddie had ordered them to go out and get the strangest people that could be found to attend. I recall reading there were women there smoking cigarettes with their vaja jas lol.How would a woman do that ? That would be so interesting. And a tank with painted naked people in them how beautiful I bet that was. He definitely had a taste for the freaky side me too Freddie lol.

Posted: 20 Jun 20, 01:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MHZ, Who knows who the publisher is it would be nice to see some of Freddie’s art. We all know he took gratis design in college. He made some beautiful pieces of clothing any woman in that era would’ve been proud to wear. He could take a rag and make a whole entire outfit and then have someone take pics of him in them. That’s a true artist let’s hope he keeps on task and doesn’t go to far off the beaten track. I get lost real easy if something takes a lot of detours.

Posted: 20 Jun 20, 02:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MHZ, is that interview with Rudi and the Italian fan group on his YouTube? I might take a listen when I have a bit more time. I agree with you, I'm not interested in seeing him put his Art Rudi Art pictures in the book. I've seen some wonderful fan art, but I can see that on FB or even on Rudi's page. I've always assumed he had some personal photographs and I hoped he'd include them in the book. I'm curious about his publisher too. Surely they would be helping him refine some of his ideas. It seems they get grander by the day!

Amidds, I struggled for a while with Adam singing Freddie's songs, but finally came around and I'm so glad I did. I absolutely loved the concert last summer, and with the current situation I am so grateful I saw the band. The one song I was worried about was Who Wants To Live Forever. That is probably one of my very favorite songs, and I was worried that Adam might not do it justice. Well, no worries. It was fantastic. I think it helps that he doesn't try to imitate Freddie.

JB050 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 575 posts

Posted: 20 Jun 20, 14:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi all!!

MHZ — thanks for the Rudi Recap!

I am going to try to remember to watch at least some of the watch party. To relive the concert a little.

But, Amidds, I completely understand where you are coming from, I usually watch something with Fredfie as well.

Lsgp - nice photo. :-)

Posted: 20 Jun 20, 20:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lsgp03, Freddie in that tie he does look so nice their we are so used to seeing him in his stage attire. He does look very handsome here for sure.I agree 70”s Freddie went through a huge transformation in looks but that jawline and facial features didn’t change much over the years. I will confess I do love 70”s Freddie I dig those costumes he wore and let’s face it the way he thrashed his head around on stage he looked like something of animal kingdom very hot.

Posted: 20 Jun 20, 20:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds, The larger city over from me were hit by the riots but I live in such a small town I totally avoided it. My town has a population of 5000 people.The riots in Oklahoma weren’t too bad even the ones near OKC.My town has one grocery store one bar McDonald’s and a speed limit of 25 through town so that’s how small we are it makes me thankful and makes me feel more safe away from the city.

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 681 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 20, 16:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Happy Father's Day to all the dads, stepdads, and father figures out there. Have a wonderful day!

JB050 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 575 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 20, 19:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I 2nd Rainbow!! Happy Fathers Day to all!!

I am watching the watch party now anyone else?

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 681 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 20, 00:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JB050...Just finished with Queen's "Tour Watch Party". That was a lot of fun! I put my hands above my head and clapped during Radio Ga-Ga...and even though I knew Freddie would appear on screen during "Love of My Life", it still got to me. The only number I didn't care for was "Fat Bottomed Girls"...not because of the singing, which was great, but because I wanted the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders OUT OF THE WAY! Sometimes they were blocking Brian, Roger, and Adam. I'm glad Queen didn't have any "special guests" during the show I was at last year. I only want to see the guys perform. Watching those concert clips really makes me want to attend another show.

Amidds...Thanks for your kind offer to add our names to the Freddie wall on your trip to Montreux. Please add me to your list. You can use Rainbow61. Can't wait to see the pictures when you get back.

MHZ....Have you received your copy of "Total Guitar" yet? I don't have mine. I'm assuming orders are not shipped as quickly during this slow down period? I'm just hoping it didn't get lost.

Posted: 22 Jun 20, 00:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JB, I forgot about the watch party until I saw your post, so while I didn't see it live, I did just watch it. Wow. It brought back so many memories of the concert last summer. I turned the sound up as loud as it would go and just immersed myself. Did you guys notice Brian's nail polish during I Want To Break Free? The only other time I've seen him do that is way back in their black and white period. Freddie's nails were black of course and at times Brian's were white.This time they were silver. It was fun to see Roger and Rufus do a drum battle. I always shudder a little when Adam goes down into the crowd. Security goes with him, but still! That must be a nightmare moment for them. Rainbow, I totally agree with you on the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders. Brian had trouble getting around them! The crowd loved it, but me, not so much. I did some singing along too, and I always cry during Love Of My Life, even though I know Freddie is coming.

Rainbow, is your copy of "Total Guitar" being mailed from the US? I don't know much about the magazine. I think mail can be significantly slower now. It took a week and a half to get a card to my niece in Texas, and a letter I mailed to Sweden never got there at all. Both Amazon and Zulilly have posted disclaimers saying orders may be slower than usual. Life sure has changed.

Jo T. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jo T.
Bohemian: 161 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 20, 05:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I saw the Queen + Adam Lambert Tour Watch Party on Sun., the 21st. Was it Katydyd5 who 1st shared the link about the watch party on the thread? Thank you! It certainly brought back fond memories of last summer’s “The Rhapsody Tour,” during its North American leg. I count myself fortunate to have been able to see the concert live - 2x! The most poignant part of the watch party was when Queen performed “Who Wants to Live Forever” from the Isle of Wight Festival in the UK in 2016. Adam dedicated the song to the bar patrons and staff killed and wounded by a mass shooter at the Pulse, a gay nightclub, in Orlando, Florida, a couple of days earlier.

@JB050, after buying the DVD back in the fall of 2019, I FINALLY watched Queen + Bejart Ballet for Life for the very 1st time - online! LOL I liked the mix of Queen songs, Freddie’s solo works and Mozart. I’ve always respected the strength, grace and agility of ballet dancers.

@MHZ, after I read Randy Shilts’ “And the Band Played On” earlier in June, I recently completed Tony Kushner’s play “Angels in America.” I really liked it. Even though it’s a drama, the dialogue was hysterical. I have never seen the HBO version of the play. Next, I plan to read the late Larry Kramer’s “The Normal Heart.” Those 3 books should do it for Pride Month!

For those interested in Jon Krakauer’s book “Into the Wild” and/or its film adaptation,” I saw on the news that the abandoned bus in the Alaska backcountry - where Christopher McCandless spent the last months of his life before he died of starvation in 1992 - was finally removed last Thurs., 6-18-20, via airlift by an Alaska Army National Guard helicopter out of concern for public safety, because visitors have died or have had to be rescued during their pilgrimage on the Stampede Trail to the “Magic Bus” (https://news.yahoo.com/wild-bus-removed-alaska-backcountry-185055586.html). You can even see the awesome video of the bus being airlifted! The scenery is breathtaking. If my memory serves me well, those trees are black spruce. I also recall the locals referred to the trees as "pipe cleaners."

Amidds user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 346 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 20, 14:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, as per usual, I completely forgot and missed the watch party!!! I even had it written down! Sundays are usually difficult for me to plan anything as I do spend most of the day at my mom's-cleaning, laundry, cooking, etc. On top of that, with the hopes that we WILL be going to Paris/Switzerland, we finally booked our Paris Airbnb's. I'm glad we waited as we made sure to book one with a full refund guarantee up to the day of arrival. I had booked our Montreux Airbnb before COVID hit w/no guarantee so....fingers crossed as always!!

Rainbow, I have added you to the name list!! The only problem is both my daughter and I are very short so we may have to squeeze the message in where we can reach lol! Hoping there's a space for us!!

Chevy, glad the riots didn't come close to you! I'm an hour outside of Chicago so we didn't have riots either thank God. We did have a number of protests but, they remained peaceful overall!!

I did just see that MPT and Hard Rock are doing some Pride merch if anyone is interested. It showed up on my Insta and I haven't looked into it yet so I can't make a recommendation.