forum rss feed
Author

JB050 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 575 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Mar 20, 02:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi all!
Amidds! Thanks for the podcast link. Can’t wait

Katy! Thank you for listening to Rudi and reporting. How cool! Such great insights. It is something with loss time gets so blurry and how those emotions come at various times. Must have been emotional listening too.

Yes, very exciting to have both books coming. Woo hoo.

Absolutely love your beautifully made point about memories. Nice!

I had to laugh about coffee table. I was dropping off at Good Will few years ago and guy in car in front of me was dropping off two items. A bike and a coffee table. At the time, I was in a convertible (don’t have it anymore :) my I sprung up in my car, pointing “I’ll take that coffee table” had to go in store while they priced it... $7.00. My most fun purchase. Haha. So now I call it my seven dollar coffee table. It will be in the photo shoot. Haha. Sorry I’m not around as regularly.

My first reading mission is to catch up here and on the book thread. Excellent conversations!!

Also really exciting that Rudi will be at Cleveland convention. Great to know.

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 683 posts

Posted: 01 Mar 20, 04:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd...Thanks for the recap of "Rudi-Live". Did he mention any plans to do another live chat? I wish I lived closer to Cleveland as I would think about attending the Breakthru conference this summer! Sounds like a good time. Sorry to hear about your car. Seems like there are never any cheap car repairs.

I'm looking forward to Thor and Lee's book as well as Rudi's. Looks like 2020 will be a great year for new Freddie info. I think the books will be quite different, yet equally relevant for the part of Freddie's life they will be sharing. Katy, you are correct about memories. That's why multiple points of view are always nice to have.

Amidds...Thanks for the podcast link. It always warms my heart to hear Freddie's friends talks about him. He was truly loved!

Posted: 01 Mar 20, 14:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Watched the podcast. I agree with you Rainbow!
Nice that they started this series. I like how they ended it with there is always more to know about Freddie... would be fun to see if one of the series includes people who we haven’t heard from much yet. :)

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 881 posts

Posted: 01 Mar 20, 17:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow, yes Rudi said he'd be doing another Live. I think he had fun though this was his first and as I said, he was a little disorganized. He said he had never talked on his own for an hour and by the end of the time he was wiping sweat off his forehead. He had hoped Martina would be there but she was working. He did want to talk about some of his other projects and the people he has worked with but all of his listeners wanted to talk about Freddie so he went with the flow for the most part. One thing he said that we've heard from so many others is that the meals at GL were fantastic. He said Joe Fanelli had done most of the cooking for the meals he had with an occasional assist from Phoebe. I have a question for you regular Instagram users. Would that Live be saved somewhere on Rudi's page so others could have a listen?

JB, loved your story about the coffee table. There have been times when I donated to Good Will and then had second thought and almost went back to the store to see if I could buy my item back. Luckily I've resisted.

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Bohemian: 276 posts

Posted: 01 Mar 20, 18:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katyd, I don’t have an Instagram account but I’d like to watch that podcast. It’s got to surface somewhere soon, whoever finds it first please let everyone here know. I do know that Peter does have most Freddie related videos when Peter is the organizer on Freddiemercury.com. So hopefully it will resurface there since Peter was involved.

Lsgp03

Posted: 02 Mar 20, 19:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In one of Rudi’s running videos from 1 day ago, he typed on the side, that he is returning to Miami to “Finish” his Freddie Mercury book! Woohoo!

Amidds user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 346 posts

Posted: 02 Mar 20, 20:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I did end up watching some on the live before it expired. I agree with Katy that it was an obvious first for him. There was more teasing from him and Phoebe about their upcoming project which is something I wish they would refrain from but, they can do what they want! It seemed like it wasn't too much later when Rudi announced his break-up with his fiancee. Very sad and Rudi won't say what happened (not our business anyway).

Katy, I believe that once a "live" is done on Instagram, it is gone forever unless the author reposts so, doubt we'll find it elsewhere, sorry.

Posted: 03 Mar 20, 01:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And here it is Lgsp, posted by Jake12 on another thread. The Instagram live.

http://pictures.queenzone.com/test/2020312123309626.MOV

Lsgp03

Posted: 03 Mar 20, 04:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you Amidds!

Posted: 03 Mar 20, 10:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Really interesting to see that snip. Love that he snuck video footage. Can’t wait to see what he releases.

Thanks a lot for the link Amidds!

Posted: 03 Mar 20, 16:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds, I agree with you that the teasing re the new project between Rudi and Peter wasn't necessary. I've always been one for either say it or don't, but don't fool around.

I only see about two minutes of the Live on your link Amidds. I guess it would help if I'd learn how to really use Instagram. I do have the Live Villiers did with Thor and Lee but that's because she made a YouTube page for it and her other Lives.

Posted: 03 Mar 20, 17:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry, I actually didn't watch the clip as I had seen it on Instagram. Didn't mean to tease! Unfortunately that might be all we get unless Rudi reposts.

It does look like we're getting a bit closer to Thor and Lee's book though, so at least we have something to look forward to. Yea, Katy, when the teasing happens, I feel the same. It actually diminishes my interest too I hate to say. Plus, between Rudi's book and all that Peter has put out in the past, sometimes I wonder what could be left??? Sure, there's a lot I'm sure Peter hasn't wanted to divulge but the chances of that coming out are slim. That's OK, not complaining but, again, what's left then lol???

Lsgp03

Posted: 04 Mar 20, 03:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you Ammids!

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2166 posts

Posted: 04 Mar 20, 16:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Peter has changed so much I totally agree with TUHI I do feel someone has influenced this gradual change in him.It started with the biopic I watched it again yesterday great music terrible interpretation of Freddie's story.It portrayed Gays as evil people that lured him off into a lifestyle that ended with him contracted that virus that would take his life and that he wouldve been better of with a more traditional lifestyle.There is one problem with that he was gay he didnt become gay he was gay.They included no scenes that backed this up only messing around with some bisexual or bicurious tendencies which were false.They left out his most crucial time of his life where he fully explored his sexuality to the fullest in Newyork.They could've wrote that in there and still left it pg rated somehow.I feel they deliberately did this on purpose.Peter was consulted about the biopic read the script and approved he did have a voice he didnt speak up why is this ? This is your best friend someone you looked up to and nursed while they were terminally I'll I just dont get that.I like Peter as a person I think he is doing great things but I'm a bit uneasy with what he and Rudi are cooking up since Queen Management seems to be Peter's main focus these days.

Posted: 05 Mar 20, 18:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I saw this video of Elton John talking about Freddie on FB yesterday and thought you all might enjoy it. He's telling the story of the Christmas present Freddie had sent to him after he died. You've probably read the story, but this is the first time I've seen Elton talk about it. He shares a few other memories of Freddie and it's clear that he still misses him. Freddie is the subject for about half the video, the other half deals with Ryan White and Elton's AIDS foundation. It's worth a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N--NvREC0wQ&fbclid=IwAR1bCHQJbGuOy_lzB9Z8kWe-09oL8LsGoHwvuJfTR-2VYr1oJfhSBaq4yqQ

Posted: 05 Mar 20, 20:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd, I have seen Elton talk about Freddie many times he seems to be another true friend I watched his movie Rocket Man and loved how it was portrayed with honesty .I found it very sad however how his parents treated him I'm so glad he got his life together and is blissfully happy into his retirement with a beautiful family.

Posted: 05 Mar 20, 22:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd 5...Thanks for the video clip. I've also heard the story about Freddie's gift to Elton before, but I find it deeply moving every time...and it ALWAYS makes me tear up.

Ryan White...What an amazing young man. He and his mother embodied dignity and courage under the worst of circumstances. Ryan deserved far more years than he had, but in his beautiful young life, he made a profound difference, helping to change the public perception of what it meant to be a person living with HIV/AIDS. His legacy lives on nearly 30 years after his death.

Posted: 06 Mar 20, 00:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

By the way...thanks to all who post video clips here. I'm glad you're not assuming that all of the readers here have seen them before. That's especially true for people like me who are not on Facebook or Instagram and would otherwise miss those nuggets!

Posted: 06 Mar 20, 02:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow, I'm always happy to see people post video clips too! Even though I do see a lot of clips on FB, people here still seem to find things I haven't seen. I was so excited when Amidds posted the link to the podcast. Even though it seems almost impossible, there always seems to be something new to explore.

Ryan White truly was amazing and he helped to make people aware that AIDS wasn't just a gay plague. During the time he was diagnosed I had a teaching partner whose son was also a hemophiliac. I remember she and her husband were terrified once it became known that it could be in blood used for transfusions. At the time they were agonizing over whether to have him tested or not. They finally decided that the chances were good that he would be HIV + and they chose not to test. They just couldn't handle knowing. Shortly after that her husband was transferred and I lost touch with her I often wonder what happened. I can't imagine the pain.

Posted: 06 Mar 20, 04:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lsgp03,Instagram is pretty easy to set up I dont post much on there but enjoy looking at all the photographs and taking some and posting them lol.Thats about all I do there.So if you want to stay in the loop it's easy to set up and alot of people do post there regular like.