Forums > Personal > Friendly Chat

forum rss feed
Author

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 881 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jun 20, 15:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds, the video from the watch party will be up for another few hours if you want to try to catch it. It's well worth a look. I'm so glad you went ahead and booked the trip. That must make it seem more real for you. So you are going to stay in an Airbnb rather than a hotel? Prior to the virus hitting I had friends who had retired and were staying for months at a time in AirBnBs all over Europe. In fact, they were in Spain when it hit hard there. At first they were going to try to ride it out, but thankfully their children convinced them to return home.

Jo, I'm so impressed with the reading you do.. I'm back to reading at least a book a week, but I'm probably 8/2 in favor of fiction. Do you read fiction at all? Isn't the HBO production of "Angels in America" several hours long? I think I've seen bits and pieces, but never the whole thing. I'm also sure I saw "The Normal Heart" because I wanted to see Jim Parsons in a dramatic role. . I'm making it sound like I avoid books and wait for the movies, but that's not true at all. I like both mediums, and will generally enjoy both the book and the movie.

Jo, thanks for the video of the Magic Bus being removed. I found it rather poignant. I understand the need for removal, but it seems somehow sad. I'm trying to remember something. I know Christopher starved, but wasn't he also eating a native plant that eventually poisoned him? That could be totally something I've made up.

Some of the MPT pride merch showed up in the sidebars of FB and I meant to check it out, but didn't. Think I'll take a look now. Quick edit: I really like the Hard Rock Café shirt. A portion of the proceeds go to MPT so I may consider it.

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Bohemian: 276 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 20, 18:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I missed the watch party too! Is there a way to still see it somewhere? Or is it gone?

CHEVYMAN user is on Queenzone.com

Deity: 2166 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 20, 19:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I want to wish a belated Happy Fathers Day to all the Fathers out there and to all Uncles because I sure had an awesome one and we can’t forget all the important men in our lives.Amidds, I’m glad you didn’t experience anything dangerous through the riots either.Overall I think covid helped that situation out a lot that’s one positive thing I guess we can take from this experience lol.Jo, It’s always nice to see your post and I’m pleased to see that your gonna start the book the Normal Heart. I saw the film of course it was really well directed and had some great actors. I’m all about the actors I want to know who is starring in these movies.Im always intrigued to get your insight after you read the books.Hope your not working to hard and enjoying your summer.Peace to you my friend!

Posted: 22 Jun 20, 19:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lsgp, you might be too late, but here is the link. http://www.queenonline.com/ It was only going to be online for 24 hours.

JB050 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 575 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 20, 22:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katy and Rainbow! Woo hoo! I agree, it was so much fun to watch. Maybe they will re-run it. I agree, it definitely took me back to relive the concert.

Katy, you are good! I missed the nail polish. Of course I wasn’t looking at the screen the whole time. Was definitely singing along. I loved the overhead shot of the phone lights in love of my life. Breathtaking.

Jo T ... So great you watched it!! Hysterical that ended up watching online. That’s something I do too. Haha. What did you think? Did you watch all way Thru in one sitting? If you didn’t already watch them, you might like the DVD extras too.

@JB050, after buying the DVD back in the fall of 2019, I FINALLY watched Queen + Bejart Ballet for Life for the very 1st time - online! LOL

JB050 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 575 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 20, 22:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katy and Rainbow! Woo hoo! I agree, it was so much fun to watch. Maybe they will re-run it. I agree, it definitely took me back to relive the concert.

Katy, you are good! I missed the nail polish. Of course I wasn’t looking at the screen the whole time. Was definitely singing along. I loved the overhead shot of the phone lights in love of my life. Breathtaking.

Jo T ... So great you watched it!! Hysterical that ended up watching online. That’s something I do too. Haha. What did you think? Did you watch all way Thru in one sitting? If you didn’t already watch them, you might like the DVD extras too.

@JB050, after buying the DVD back in the fall of 2019, I FINALLY watched Queen + Bejart Ballet for Life for the very 1st time - online! LOL

Posted: 23 Jun 20, 02:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JB, I have to admit that I'm fascinated by details, so I was glued to every aspect of that concert. I noticed the guy behind the drum set in the Central Park songs and still can't figure why he was there. I'm even more focused when I'm looking at photographs. Obviously I see the central figures, but I'm often very interested in the surroundings or the background. For example, if it's a picture in Garden Lodge, I'm looking at the decorating, or the table settings, or even what you can see outside the windows. If it's a picture in a restaurant, I'm looking at what they were eating or drinking. I think all of that tells a much deeper story. Shoot, it's so bad, I keep a magnifying glass by my computer so I can really check things out. Nah, I'm not obsessed. : )

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Bohemian: 276 posts

Posted: 23 Jun 20, 03:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks katyd, yep, too late. *sigh*

Posted: 23 Jun 20, 12:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Have you guys seen the new stamps that will be released??

http://www.queenonlinestore.com/Queen/

Amidds user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 346 posts

Posted: 23 Jun 20, 13:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Aannddd I missed the 24 hr posting! Busy day yesterday and just saw your post today Katy. Hopefully they will repost because that does sound pretty cool!

Yes, we're going for Airbnb's. They are slightly cheaper and....ssshhhh....if they are allowing travel but enforcing a 14 day self-quarantine, we figure that won't be enforced at an airbnb. I'm sorry if that makes us sound like jerks but, yeah, it's Paris! I mean, if we're offered refunds in that case, we'll take that option. If they don't and our only choice is to go, I'm not staying in!! We'll obviously wear masks, etc.

And thanks for the merch link Katy! I'm not really into stamps but there is a lot of new cool stuff on there I haven't seen before. Hmmm, where's that damn credit card ;)

Posted: 23 Jun 20, 13:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds, Credit cards are my worst enemy I love to shop I can always find something I need. My grandson is 4 he loves new clothes what 4 year old loves new clothes it’s because I’m a compulsive shopper.He has everything he has a polo in every color and everything under armor ever designed for kids. I’m really sick I need an intervention lol.His bday is in August no idea what to buy him he has everything.He is spoiled rotten and I have done it. I think online shopping is the devil.

Posted: 23 Jun 20, 13:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Paris that would would be Skid Row alley for me in terms of spending too much money. It’s making me sweat just thinking about it.

Posted: 23 Jun 20, 15:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds, I'm not into stamps either, but I didn't get a gold coin when those came out, and the stamps are calling my name, so......I'm attaching a photo of the set I like. Of course, it's way too expensive, but I'm thinking it would look so nice in my Freddie room. Plus a big part of me likes to get these things just to see my kids' eyes roll. : ) You are right, there seems to be a lot of new merch. I like to get something from MPT to honor Freddie's birthday. Last year I ended up getting the statue and I love it, but I may go a bit cheaper this year. Maybe a mug?

Attachment: 2020623883652904.jpg 38 KB
This has been downloaded 18 time(s).

MyHumanZoo user not visiting Queenzone.com
MyHumanZoo
Bohemian: 319 posts

Posted: 23 Jun 20, 17:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hope you all had a nice Father’s Day weekend! I was quite busy, my husband’s dad and his wife came for the weekend and stayed with us, so we had several gatherings. It was fun, but it’s nice to get back to my normal routine.

I did sit down yesterday and watch the concert online, I really enjoyed it. I loved the back and forth between Roger and Rufus on the drums. Speaking of Roger, did you notice he has a new single out called Isolation? I may have to get that one. Anyway, I did see that Brian had on silver nail polish for one song...he actually has gel nails now because without them his nails get completely torn up during concerts. He must have decided to paint them for that one.

Rainbow, I haven’t gotten my issue of Total Guitar yet either, I am guessing that it takes a while coming from Europe.

I saw the stamp sets that came out, they are pretty cool but I’ll probably pass on them. I got the coins that came out a few months ago, those are nice but I am just not into the stamps as much, for some reason.

Love is still the answer, take my hand...
Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 683 posts

Posted: 23 Jun 20, 22:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lsgp...The picture of Freddie with the white shirt and tie...I'm thinking stock broker or financial adviser. :)

Katydyd...Funny that you mentioned Brian's painted nails...I saw that as well. Nail polish makes the fingers more noticeable while playing, so maybe that's why he did that...or maybe it was just a fun style choice.

I had the same thought about security when I saw Adam walk into the crowd. During the 1981 Montreal concert when Freddie is singing "We Are The Champions", he walks to the edge of the stage and shakes hands with many enthusiastic fans who were lucky enough to be that close to him...but all I could think of was what would he do if someone did not let go, or worse yet, pulled him into the audience?

Amidds...Thanks for adding my name to your ever growing list for the Freddie tribute wall. It seems like they would need to repaint the wall from time to time to make room for new people to sign it, but maybe what we see are all the original signatures? I looked into Airbnb when my husband and I went to Ireland, but honestly it seemed far too complicated. I ended up using Booking.com for all the rooms. I love that site...so user friendly and the rooms were really reasonable. We stayed at 12 different places on our trip. (1 motel and 11 B&Bs). I had the luxury of room searching months before we left, so sometimes I'd book a room at a B&B, only to find another place I liked better, so I'd cancel the original and book at the new place. Cancellations were a breeze...and I did the cancellations far enough in advance as to not inconvenience the owners. In addition, it was really easy to communicate with the B&B owners through Booking.com. I love to travel and always enjoy hearing about other people's travels as well.

Chevy...Sounds like it's time to cut up your credit card! :)

Jo T. Thanks for the link to the video of the bus from "Into The Wild". What a strange sight to watch the bus "flying" over the forest. I wonder if it will eventually be relocated to a more accessible place? I bet people will still hike to the original spot, though.

MHZ...Thanks for the update on the magazine. The magazine I ordered last year took a long time to reach me...so I just have to be patient!

I was up late last night when I read an article about the soon to be issued Queen stamps. I am not a stamp collector either, but that didn't matter. I had to order a set! I ended up buying the "Presentation Pack" on QueenOnline.com because I wanted all of the stamps, but not to display. FYI...if you go to www.royalmail.com/queen, there are twice as many choices there.

stevendabudgie user not visiting Queenzone.com
stevendabudgie
Bohemian: 189 posts

Posted: 23 Jun 20, 23:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Amidds

Accordign to a new study the Virus was already in Italy in December 2019

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53106444
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-06-virus-italy-december.html

Meanwhile there has been an outrbreak amongst employees of a meat processing plant in Guetersloh., Germany. Over 1500 people have been tested positive. It´s not in my Region, but the fact that local authorities gonna implement a Lockdown of the city and its surroundings is alarming. The meat company has come under fire due to the the violation of corona hygiene rules. Guetersloh´s citizens are of course outraged. Travelers from Guetersloh are denied entry to other states like Bavaria.

@Katydy5

Yes , I live in a City with a big University. My impression is that most students are so occupied with their studies or research frequent meetings for language practice are not very likely.

Posted: 24 Jun 20, 00:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow, your link won't work for me! Says "page not found".

Posted: 24 Jun 20, 01:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow, I know girl I used to work twelve hour days or more at the dealership for 19 years. But when my incident happened well some folks fill their time drinking some gambling and I quit drinking because of my liver enzyme count. So my drug is shopping not good coping skills I know.I used to work so much closing car deals I didn’t have time for that nonsense.I just need to stop it I stopped drinking I can stop this too thanks for the suggestion.

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 683 posts

Posted: 24 Jun 20, 06:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd...Which link? I just tried both of them and they worked for me. (One wasn't live...but it worked when I copied and pasted it) You can access both links through the article on QueenOnline:

http://www.queenonline.com/news/royal-mail-issue-new-special-stamps-to-honour-queen

Sounds like you have some wall space that you might be filling soon! :)

Posted: 24 Jun 20, 12:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Got it, thanks Rainbow. I haven't purchased anything yet, but probably will. I want something I can display because otherwise I'll just stick them in a drawer and that will be that.