Forums > Personal > Friendly Chat

forum rss feed
Author

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 681 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Jul 20, 01:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm really showing my dog ignorance. I have heard of labradoodles, but I don't recall hearing about goldendoodles before. I'll stick with snickerdoodles! :)

stevendabudgie user not visiting Queenzone.com
stevendabudgie
Bohemian: 189 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 20, 05:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Amidds

Regarding cool temperatures, shouting etc.- these were general Impressions from a German virologist in a German talk Show. The host asekd him about the epidemic in South America where the climate is hot. and case numbers are exploding. The virologist replied that South America had high temperatures, but also high air humidity. German media reported other contributing factors. The fact that those seasonal workers were quartered at the same place, mostly in shared flats There has been speculation about a possible superspreading event in May, a church mess many employees had attended. And. like your daughter´s account, most infected plat were asymptomatic. There have were very few hospitalizations.
I wonder whether the high of number asymptomatic cases indicate a mutation making the virus more harmless or whether it is statistical anomaly? Above virologist stated that we should accept the virus as part of our lives.
The EU has aprroved to drugs for treatment, Remdesivir and Dexamethasone. Today I am reading that the US administration has been buying all stocks of Remdesivir worldwide…
I wonder whether new inventions in ventilation and air conditioning could also make difference. Or what about devices emitting microwaves or laser beams atomizing the aerosols?

Meanwhile, the economical Impact in my town cannot be denid, the two biggest Nightclubs went broke.

There is another pandemic threat loomig in China:
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53218704
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/30/new-swine-flu-with-pandemic-potential-identified-by-china-researchers

@Chevyman

Here in Germany, people don´t have to wear approved masks to be allowed entry. Designer ones suffice. It seems to have worked here to a certain degree.

@Katydy5

It also my concern that people get complacent, especially now with things opening up. The next weeks and months People will go on vacation. How many will get infected and spread the Virus by travelling?

stevendabudgie

Posted: 01 Jul 20, 05:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Amidds

Regarding cool temperatures, shouting etc.- these were general Impressions from a German virologist in a German talk Show. The host asekd him about the epidemic in South America where the climate is hot. and case numbers are exploding. The virologist replied that South America had high temperatures, but also high air humidity. German media reported other contributing factors. The fact that those seasonal workers were quartered at the same place, mostly in shared flats There has been speculation about a possible superspreading event in May, a church mess many employees had attended. And. like your daughter´s account, most infected plat were asymptomatic. There have were very few hospitalizations.
I wonder whether the high of number asymptomatic cases indicate a mutation making the virus more harmless or whether it is statistical anomaly? Above virologist stated that we should accept the virus as part of our lives.
The EU has aprroved to drugs for treatment, Remdesivir and Dexamethasone. Today I am reading that the US administration has been buying all stocks of Remdesivir worldwide…
I wonder whether new inventions in ventilation and air conditioning could also make difference. Or what about devices emitting microwaves or laser beams atomizing the aerosols?

Meanwhile, the economical Impact in my town cannot be denid, the two biggest Nightclubs went broke.

There is another pandemic threat loomig in China:
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53218704
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/30/new-swine-flu-with-pandemic-potential-identified-by-china-researchers

@Chevyman

Here in Germany, people don´t have to wear approved masks to be allowed entry. Designer ones suffice. It seems to have worked here to a certain degree.

@Katydy5

It also my concern that people get complacent, especially now with things opening up. The next weeks and months People will go on vacation. How many will get infected and spread the Virus by travelling?

Amidds user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 345 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 20, 13:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Chevy - Happy belated birthday!!! Hope you had fun! Birthdays are the time to exercise those credit cards ;)

MHZ-I've never owned a dog. I figure between working full time and all of life's responsibilities, it wouldn't be fair. I would love to own one someday and love the "doodle" varieties. Yes, please show pics sometime!

Rainbow - IDK about devoted child, it's what you do for family right? Plus, we are just about the only ones left except for some distant cousins. My father's family all passed early and most do some weird circumstances (for the mystery lovers out there, I'll have to share the story some day) and my mom is the last of her siblings. And you know my brother and father have passed. Kinda grim BUT, I'm pretty glad I was adopted to avoid that health/death history.

Stevendabudgie-coincidentally, my daughter has mentioned a mutation. She also gave me the long story of virus's, how they mutate and all the factors that effect their "strength". Won't bore you with details and, keep in mind, she is NOT a virologist but, basically, a virus wants to keep its host alive so mutations are to be expected. Sounds like the premise for a movie doesn't it?

Recently I made a comment about pics I see of Freddie where someone labels it as "rare". Mostly, I've seen the pics numerous times but, saw one on Instagram that I don't think I've ever seen before. I will try to attach here or in a separate post. Looks like Freddie, Phoebe and Paul shopping in Japan maybe? Just curious if any of you have seen it or if we can really count it as "rare" lol.

Posted: 01 Jul 20, 13:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hope this works....

Attachment: 2020711716604750.png 229 KB
This has been downloaded 21 time(s).

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 881 posts

Posted: 02 Jul 20, 01:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well Amidds, now I want to hear the family mystery story! As for the picture, I have seen it, but it's not one that is as common as many are I think you are right, it is Japan. Have you seen the pictures of Freddie shopping in a porcelain shop and then maybe a linen shop in Japan? If I'm remembering right he's wearing a red sweatsuit. I get a kick out of seeing him shop since I know he loved it so much. My favorite shopping pictures are in the shop in Hungary. He looks so handsome in every one of those pictures.

Steven, I won't be doing any traveling this year, that's for sure. I'm not a big traveler anyway, but I do take long weekend trips at times. Actually I prefer to travel in the fall. I really don't like the heat and I'm not exactly fun to be around if I'm too hot. Do you do much traveling around Europe? I'm not talking this year, but in a more normal time would you be traveling?

Posted: 02 Jul 20, 13:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katy-I am pretty sure I've seen the pics you are talking about though, you're right, shopping pics of Freddie are kinda common lol!!! I actually checked out the Queenchat board you all have talked about yesterday and saw a thread consisting of "rare" pics of FM. There were actually a few I hadn't seen before - it was like striking gold!!!! I didn't get too far into it but, I need to go back and see if I can download any of those!!!

I will have to jog my mom's memory to make sure I get the story right but, my paternal grandfather (whom I never met) had a LOT of siblings. Every single one passed early, most due to unknown causes and some in weird places: railroad tracks out in the middle of nowhere in Colorado was one, back of a movie theater was another, a couple involved running moonshine! My dad apparently had a very exciting family but, he was a "boring" pipeline engineer his whole life lol.

Travel update: our flights to Pars got cancelled. In talking to a co-worker, he advised that it may have had more to do with the airline than the destination so, we are going to try to book different flights. I may sound crazy but, I am determined to go if possible!!! Of course, if every place we want to go is closed, we'll skip it this year and shoot for next.

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2166 posts

Posted: 02 Jul 20, 20:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Everyone sorry I have been absent I have been a little blue . I been on twitter some but it’s not as interactive you can kind of be to yourself. My daughters boyfriend about strangled her to death she passed out and he was gone. She then called the police and they found him and he is in jail awaiting trial. I had no idea he was abusing her. It really upsets me. It’s a class D felony to strangle someone. I worry if he gets probation she will go back to him. He has done this type of thing before it was in a newspaper article that he had hit a girlfriends mother so he is violent and that concerns me so that’s why I have been distant. Hope everyone has a fun 4th and stay hydrated peace and love to all.

Posted: 02 Jul 20, 23:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Chevy...Very sorry to hear about your daughter's situation. Domestic abuse continues to be a such serious issue all over. Make sure your daughter has the number for the domestic abuse hotline in her area. They are usually staffed 24 hours/day and can offer counseling and shelter to victims of abuse. My best to her.

Posted: 03 Jul 20, 06:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd...Did you ever order the framed Queen stamps? Many of the stamps sets sold through the Queen Online Store are now sold out. I don't know if the ones sold through the Royal Mail site are also sold out. I am a bit concerned that I might not get the "Presentation Pack" I ordered. I had a pending charge on my credit card for it, but that charge dropped off and did move move to the "complete" category, which is unusual. The "Presentation Pack" is no longer available either. I sent an email inquiry to the Queen Online Store...am hoping my dropped charge doesn't mean my order has been cancelled.

Amidds....Wow...that is quite the family history you have! Hopefully, someone wrote down all of those interesting stories.

Steven...Yes, the economic impact of the virus has been insurmountable for some businesses. I expect to hear of more closings in the coming months. There is so much uncertainty now...thinking about next winter's flu season, especially if there is a new flu threat as discussed in the article you recommended, is almost too much to take in.

stevendabudgie

Posted: 03 Jul 20, 06:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Amidds

The virologist I mentioned (Streeck) was guest again in the same talkshow, He pointed out that there were a couple of other coronaviridae producing common human cold. According to Streeck, the last one to enter the human race emerged ca. 600 years ago and probably was more harmful than now, Another guest was Lauterbach, a politician and physician and epidemiologist. He countered that Covid19 might have turned harmless in 50 years, but we had to deal with the dangers now. He stressed that we do not know enough about possible longterm damages, especially to the brain. The body overreacts to the new virus with a so-called cytokine storm, meaning inflammation of most organs. The brain is inflammated in a lot of severe cases. Lauterbach pointed out that the brain tissues of some patients seem to age rapidly. He mentioned post-SARS syndrome that hit patients from the 2003/2004 outbreak. Years after recovery, some still suffer from chronic fatigue, depression, sleeping disorders and cognitive deficits. I recently watched a TV report showing a young mathematician still suffering severe concentration problems after getting sick with CV in March/April...
Lauterbach named another viral diesease, Encephalis Lethargica, causing both fever and neurological symptoms to illustrate his point.
I myself am not necesserily afraid of dying, but getting crippled by this disease.

https://bmcneurol.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1471-2377-11-37
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16181227/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encephalitis_lethargica

Posted: 03 Jul 20, 15:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow, thanks for the heads up on the stamps! I hadn't ordered because I'm sort of guarding my credit card purchases due to the fact that I'm using the card much more than normal during this pandemic time. I wanted to hold off for a while. Still, I checked and you were right about the stamp status on the QOL site. I feel certain that they will obtain more that will be available later, but, well, I guess I wasn't as certain as I sound so I checked Royal Mail and they are temporarily out of stock, but will have more available in August. I went ahead and ordered the framed picture set I wanted. Figured better safe than sorry.

Amidds, your family history sounds like the makings of a good forensic investigation book! I hope your family has more details that you can dig into. You mentioned that you checked Queenchat and found a thread of rare pictures. Is it on the General Discussion board? I can't find one specifically called "rare" but I do follow the pictures board and sometimes see photos I have not seen before. The shopping picture you shared is one that is more rare than others. I'm always excited to find pictures I have not seen. For a while I was convinced that there were no new pictures, but people are still finding and sharing new shots of Freddie. I hope that as his contemporaries age, more will come to light. I'm so sorry your Paris trip was canceled, but admire your determination to make this work. What do you think about Europe closing its borders to US visitors? I'm not at all surprised.

I don't want to dwell on Covid, but I learned some disturbing information yesterday. Our governor had a teleconference which he hasn't done in a while. He showed a map of the counties of the state, and five are colored red, which means a heightened danger to those living there. I was upset to see my county is red. Worse yet, I later found out that the city with the highest rate of new cases is mine!!!!!!! Well, shoot, that's scary. I've only been out grocery shopping but that really concerned me. I'm supposed to take the car in for a checkup this week but I'm going to see if they are still offering the pick up/delivery option because I'm not sure I want to sit in the waiting room while they do the check. I also have a routine check-up with my doctor. Yikes, it's hard to know what to do.

I'll say an early Happy 4th to those who celebrate! Our local fireworks are still going off tonight, but the park will be closed and people will have to watch them from outside the park. They will move them to the highest hill in the park and they say the fireworks will be larger than normal so that more people can see them from almost anywhere in the city. I live on top of a hill myself so I've always been able to see them from my bedroom window. It should actually be better this year. I've never been one for crowds, so this is fine by me.

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Bohemian: 276 posts

Posted: 04 Jul 20, 01:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Happy Birthday Chevyman, and wow, regarding your daughter. I am very sorry about this! I hope she realizes soon she can do better than this, glad he’s arrested.

Ammids hope you find flights, but maybe the trip could be better enjoyed next summer. But if I were in that situation I would be looking for other flights. However, the EU has still closed off travel from America right?

Thanks for that shopping photo of Freddie. Haven’t seen that one myself. Do you know or can copy and paste the link or name the thread from Queen-chat those photos are in?

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Bohemian: 276 posts

Posted: 04 Jul 20, 04:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Old 1977 article. If you scroll down the article begins. I found it interesting 1/2 into the article, written in 1977 Freddie talks about (he maybe going mad) Approximately 12-13 years later he does “I’m going slightly mad”

http://www.mercury-and-queen.com/gallery.htm

http://www.mercury-and-queen.com/allround.htm

Posted: 04 Jul 20, 18:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for the BDay wishes my BDay is always 4 days before Independence Day . I was trying to locate a garden lodge tape it’s on the 4th with Barbara Valentin , Jim Hutton, joe, and some others with fire works. I couldn’t find it. It must have been removed it was very nice. I know I have a sick sense of humor but I thought to myself I hope one of those fireworks don’t drop down Barbara’s shirt it would be interesting to see which of those Gay gentlemen will volunteer to dive in after it.They could look for the barbecue utensils to assist her lol! I wish I could’ve found it I think Mary was even there.

Posted: 04 Jul 20, 18:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lsgp03, That’s a interesting article I love that video too they did a great job on his hair piece. He still had good spirits with all the terrible pain he must have been experiencing by then not to mention the damage it started to probably have on his neurological system.I don’t know if he had any or not but some patients do.

Posted: 05 Jul 20, 00:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I want to give a shout out to a special friend I won’t give out her name to protect her privacy but I want to thank her for the beautiful bracelet she sent me and hope we can continue to be friends . I apologise for hurting her feelings things got heated quickly and had nothing to do with her. I don’t remember her screen name but remember she was lovely and from France. Thank You!Hope the boys are having a blast for the holiday.

Posted: 05 Jul 20, 01:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lsgp, I'm confused. I looked at both of your links and can't find where Freddie talks about going mad. Am I looking at the wrong thing?

Also, I think you might have been talking to Amidds when you asked for the Queenchat link for photos, but I'm going to take a shot at it. Are you talking about the shopping photos where Freddie is in the red sweatsuit? Or are you talking about the Queenchat photo thread? The photo thread is in General Discussion, near the top. As for the red sweatsuit pictures, they aren't in that thread. I have them in my giant Freddie photo file, and I can look if you are really interested though it would take me some searching.

Sounds like everyone in my neighborhood is shooting off fireworks. It's going to be a long night/week. Last night some fool was shooting them off at 4:00 in the morning.

Edit: I just Googled "Freddie Mercury shopping images" and the two red shirt pictures I was thinking of are there.

Posted: 05 Jul 20, 12:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow, I'm having trouble even getting to this site this morning. Then I wrote a quick post but it timed out before it could post. So annoying!

Anyway, here's a shopping photo that showed up on FB this morning that I don't think I've seen before. It was taken in Japan.

Attachment: 202075136296593.jpg 113 KB
This has been downloaded 12 time(s).

Posted: 05 Jul 20, 12:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We just went to my oldest daughters for the 4th no drinks of course because they don’t drink anymore. So good food no fireworks thank God for small favors. She did have a slip and slide for children my grandson is a only child so he had a blast. There were two other children there.I sure would’ve like to have had a Bahama mama like I did last year but she announced no drinks.I had friends getting together that own a cabin but I would rather see my kids and grandson.Many of my friends don’t have children and aren’t married and I am so my life has always been somewhat different. I’m not as carefree as they are.However when we get together it’s on we have a real good time always. I hope all of you had a great time too!