Forums > Personal > Friendly Chat

forum rss feed
Author

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 881 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 20, 01:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Aha, so I can use the quote feature! Great! I had tried on another thread an messed it up.

JB, I'm always interested in the background of videos or pictures and I like looking for people I should know. Phil Collins collecting autographs was funny. That's why I like those sound check videos you and I have been sharing, though I couldn't find a new one for this week because I can't remember where they originated. Maybe it was just a short series!

MHZ, I agree about black tee shirts. I used to wear a lot of black but it just isn't flattering anymore and it's so darn hot. I had a black tee on the other day and after being outside I was sweating like a race horse. TMI, I know. All of my Freddie shirts are black so I don't wear them often.

JB again, James Taylor was wonderful in concert. I think i saw him three times. He was always so laid back and mellow. For whatever reason his voice is very soothing to me. I remember one concert where we were sitting on the lawn at a riverfront venue. The stage hadn't been fully lit when suddenly he was just standing there on the stage alone in a white tee shirt and loose pants. He wasn't announced, he was just there, and he said "Hi" and the crowd went crazy. It was as if he was singing to a group of friends. I was blessed to see Simon and Garfunkel when they debuted (is that spelled right? Looks funny) Bridge Over Troubled Water. What a moment. I also saw Elton, the Rolling Stones, and Rod Stewart so how I managed to miss Queen I'll never know. My musical taste is very eclectic. I've seen Andrea Bocelli three times, had season tickets to the Symphony and Pops in my city for years though to be honest I wasn't a big fan and even saw Dolly Parton when we lived in Louisiana. Oh, and John Denver twice I think! Josh Groban once........I guess I've been lucky!

MHZ, are you still listening to Rudi Back Stage? If so, what did you think of his final statements??

Finally, a big Happy Birthday to Brian May. I think he's a treasure. He posted a picture on his IG page with Anita and said he'd been away from social media a bit because he's had some setbacks. I was sorry to hear that. I so want him to be able to tour at least one more time.

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Bohemian: 276 posts

Posted: 20 Jul 20, 02:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What’s going on with Rudi? His backstage #21 today, at 46 minutes said his landlord gave him 2 weeks to move out. What the hell? He said he always paid the rent on time, so cannot imagine what happened there. However, I don’t believe any landlord can force someone out with only 2 weeks notice. Furthermore, I don’t believe any landlord can kick someone out during COVID-19, and because south Florida is the new epi-center for COVID, I seriously doubt the landlord can do this. Interesting why he was told to leave, even while paying rent on time. Hmmmm....

Jo T. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jo T.
Bohemian: 161 posts

Posted: 20 Jul 20, 03:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Happy b-day, Bri! It remains 7-19-20 in my time zone, 20 mins. to spare! Have you seen the recent YouTube video where bandmates Tyler Warren and Neil Fairclough of Queen + Adam Lambert perform a cover to "Sail Away Sweet Sister" from "The Game" for Brian's 73rd b-day? Thanks to QueenZone member, FreddienotFreddy, for sharing it. It's truly sweet - and awesome (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf0YshlgHZc/)!

Posted: 20 Jul 20, 12:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jo, thanks for that link, what a fantastic b-day tribute. I'm so impressed with the work it must have taken to make that video. BTW, I remember FreddienotFreddy! Maybe she will stop in someday too. : )

Lsgp, I'd have to listen to the Rudi backstage again to fairly comment on your post. He had mentioned it on his IG so I went to his YouTube page and listened to just that portion of #21. Did he mention a work visa situation? Even so, I don't think the landlord would be able to use any problems with that for an eviction. Did he also say he was verbally forceful with the guys who came to check out the washer situation for the fifth time, minus precaution measures for COVID? I would need to hear more to make a judgement, but two weeks is unreasonable unless he had some sort of pre-warning. I can't even imagine needing to move all of that stuff, plus where does he go? I think we need more of the story.

EDIT: Jo, I sent you a PM. Normally I don't like to announce that, but I think you are one who does not receive email notice of PMs.

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2166 posts

Posted: 20 Jul 20, 12:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lsgp03, Maybe Rudi is going through more than we know about. I don’t want to speculate but coming from two parents with substance abuse problems watching him it kind of reminds me how they used to act when they were high on dope. I can spot it a mile away. I just hope this is not true but long time drug abuse usually last a lifetime. That maybe why he is getting evicted drugs takes your money it’s the love of your life. You choose it over everything even your children. That may explain his behavior and disorganized behavior on utube.Time will tell just keep him in your prayers addiction ain’t no joke.He didn’t used to behave like that if you look at footage with Queen just check it out.

Posted: 20 Jul 20, 12:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I listened to bridge over troubled water last night probably 20 times . I’ve been depressed again it’s so lovely and a touching song. It’s a great message as well I just love it. I like Elvis singing it too.

Posted: 20 Jul 20, 12:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I watched the version were Simon and company were in Central Park it was amazing .He was in complete control of that piece I’m so excited talking about it.

Posted: 20 Jul 20, 12:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm going to step out on a dangerous limb here because I was misunderstood for this once before. I don't like to speculate about the reasons for behavior but I'm going to share my view again. Rudi has been on a health kick for some time now. I doubt he's deeply involved in drugs of any kind though I have no way of knowing. He did do drugs at the time he was working with Freddie, as did Freddie. My personal view, from years and years of experience is that he has ADHD. His manner of speaking, his lack of focus, and his disorganization all speak to that. In addition to experience with ADHD children in the classroom, my elder son is diagnosed as is one of my grandchildren who has needed an IEP to help her cope. Many of you know I enjoy watching Kristen Hampton's product testing videos. She's hilarious but scattered in her delivery and can go off on tangents. She freely admits she has been diagnosed with ADHD and is sometimes medicated for it. I have often wondered if Freddie might have had some ADHD characteristics. If you watch some interviews closely he often leaves sentences unfinished while he moves on to another topic. It's as if his mind is working too fast for his mouth to keep up. The One Vision has many illustrations of his free falling speech. When he's telling Roger what he wants to hear on the drums, there is not one complete sentence and Roger looks baffled. Later when the guys are working on lyrics, again, many incomplete sentences. He's unable to think of the word "syllables" when he's describing what he needs from the lyrics so he uses lots of replacement phrases. There is nothing wrong with an ADHD diagnosis. Sometimes I even wonder about myself. But again, I do feel strongly that Rudi deals with ADHD just from watching him speak. I'd much rather give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Posted: 20 Jul 20, 13:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I do as well Katy but from experience I do know behaviors of people with addiction and have since I was a very young child and he does exhibit some signs and he has had those struggles in his past. It’s nothing to be ashamed of. I too suffer from attention defeceit and my son as well he had a iep in school but it didnt stop him from wrestling and doing the things he was passionate about. I didn’t treat it as a disability therefore he was just like any other of his buddies. I meant no harm by voicing my concerns but addiction is a monster that never goes away.It took my mothers life they wheeled her into an emergency room dead with her purse and and two small children. It doesn’t ever stop and it has no morals.I just said I hope he isn’t having those struggles again all it takes is a trigger to take you on that highway to hell of addiction again he is in my prayers for what ever is going on in his life.

Amidds user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 346 posts

Posted: 20 Jul 20, 13:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK so much to catch up on-great topics! Daughter and SIL are in from Fl so we spent the weekend at my SIL's parents' lakehouse. Interesting COVID note: here in IL there is a TON of talk about people travelling here from the "hot spots". You have to fill out a form at the airport or get a $2000 fine, you have to remain in quarantine for 14 days, etc. They were not given a form, there was no talk at all at either airport about COVID, both airports were practically empty. Glad they had smooth travel but wondering why the talk in IL about caution and no one seeming to care. Weird!!

JB, I love that, even when you're missing for a while, you come up with a vid gem to share with us!!! Thank you!

Katy, wouldn't be surprised with the ADHD "diagnosis". I know I've mentioned before how I stopped watching his lives because he went off on tangents and I couldn't keep up. In most, if not all states right now, there are freezes on evictions. They say even when the freeze is removed, the time it will take to catch up in court over violations will prevent a lot of evictions. I wonder if something else is going on or if there is a communication breakdown. Kind of like when Rudy says he wrote multiple chapters in a day but it's probably more like paragraphs or something?

Some awesome news for those who have Sirius XM - there is now a QUEEN CHANNEL!!!!!!! Heard about it last night leaving WI and immediately programmed it into my favorites! It's CH 27 and I'm soooooo excited!!

Regarding the t-shirts: I don't collect concert shirts but, this year found I had a large number from my kids sports and vacations. I saw a website Projectrepat that make tshirt quilts so, that's what I did. It really cleared up drawer/closet space and put all my fave memories together in one quilt. I ended up doing one for my son with all his sports uniforms or state shirts and he loves it! So, that's my suggestion for those of you wanting to do something with your shirts - I've heard great things about that site or I can talk someone through it if you're handy!

Lsgp03

Posted: 20 Jul 20, 14:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ammids

I have been glued to channel 27 Sirius for a week now. Unfortunately it is temporary and only until August 13th I believe, or the 17th, can't remember.

MyHumanZoo user not visiting Queenzone.com
MyHumanZoo
Bohemian: 319 posts

Posted: 20 Jul 20, 20:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have been listening to the Sirius XM Queen channel too...and have been amazed at some of the deep tracks they play. I really thought it would all be the later 80s stuff, with BoRap thrown in here and there. It’s a nice surprise! I just wish it was going to stay on air longer too.

On Rudi...I haven’t watched this week’s show yet, but judging by some of his latest posts and shows he seems to be losing it a little. Last week’s show was a mess, and he ended up doing it over. And then he does the shows without a shirt on! Now come on, I know it’s warm in Florida but he’s inside and he is doing a show for people all over, and frankly I don’t want to see his nakedness, lol! Take the effort to put on a shirt, for Pete’s sake. Then he goes on a mask wearing rant on IG, with so much misinformation in it I can’t even start...he said the government recommends we all stay 9 meters apart now.....huh? That is 27 feet!? My husband is usually around when I listen to the shows, and he heard that rant and was just in disbelief. It’s interesting, because I said to him...it sure seems like Rudi is on something...or else he broke his health kick and is on the sauce! I don’t know, just lately he has seemed different, maybe he is off ADHD meds....maybe he is on something else, or maybe just having some kind of a health issue. As far as getting kicked out, something makes me think he is probably the tenant from hell that is always complaining, having issues, and irritating those around him. I mean, he is running in his condo for an hour at a time, if the floors or walls are thin that would get on my nerves. I really hope he is ok, but things are off and I’m not sure what is happening with him. The only good news is that he said Brian May will be on his show in a couple of weeks.

Love is still the answer, take my hand...

Posted: 20 Jul 20, 20:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MHZ, That’s kinda what I meant your words were much better put in a kind way. Usually once you have been an addict all it takes is a trigger and it’s back to buisness again I seen my mother struggle and destroy so much. You could of told her that her mom was on fire in the street and if she was fixing to use she would say hold on a minute let me take this hit I will put out that fire in a minute. Her bf and father of her youngest children got scared when he couldn’t wake her put her and their children In the car got to hospital got wheelchair she was already changing colors. He put her in wheel chair handed his 5 year old daughter her purse and put his 2 year old son out of the car and took off. She was dead with two small children standing there. Drugs takes your morals it changes your behavior makes you do things you would never do not high. So I was just seeing some signs in him I felt I seen in my own mother as a child that’s all I meant I’m sorry I didn’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings.Im not perfect by no means I’m an alcoholic that’s my drug of choice it’s just as damaging to yourself and others. It’s all a struggle.

Posted: 20 Jul 20, 21:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When I think of drugs and what it does to families I think of AC/DC”s song highway to hell. It sure is that.

Posted: 20 Jul 20, 23:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You guys that have Sirius XM are so lucky! I'd love to take a road trip and listen to that.

MHZ, thanks for your take on the Rudi situation. I stopped watching him after three or four episodes because it was just too difficult to listen to him meander around topics or go on and on about the same thing. Frankly, I found it kind of boring. So instead of listening to an entire broadcast I check into his YouTube channel once in a while and listen to bits and pieces. I did listen to his rant last night about the eviction, but I really should not have commented on it with such a limited exposure to him over the last few months. I don't even check his IG as often as I was because of his delivery. He's larger than life, and that's ok, but it wears me out. LOL, and MHZ, I agree with you on the shirtless stuff. I mean, why?? I think there must be a much bigger piece of the eviction story that he's not telling. I wonder if he's had warnings.

Amidds, I like the idea of the t-shirt quilt. I wear a lot of tees though and I'm not ready to turn them into a quilt. Oh, LOL, who am I kidding? I'm not crafty, it would never happen. Can you share a picture of the one you made??

Chevy, I'm sorry about your mother. The story is heartbreaking.

Lsgp03

Posted: 21 Jul 20, 01:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

.......after Rudi’s eviction notice, who knows how long the book gets finished. I do hope for his sake he gets this resolved, also for his eldest who planned on studying marine biology in Florida and would live there in the same place.

Chevyman, no words.....

Lsgp03

Posted: 21 Jul 20, 01:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

.......after Rudi’s eviction notice, who knows how long the book gets finished. I do hope for his sake he gets this resolved, also for his eldest who planned on studying marine biology in Florida and would live there in the same place.

Chevyman, no words.....

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 683 posts

Posted: 21 Jul 20, 07:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was quite excited to get my Queen stamp set in the mail yesterday. Very nice. I have it on my computer desk near my Queen Royal Mint coin and my Lego Freddie!

Before yesterday, I had only watched one of the Rudi Live broadcasts...not during the actual broadcast, but afterwards on YouTube. That was probably a couple of months ago. However, after all of the recent Rudi discussion, I did go back and watch about 10 minutes of the last two shows...specifically the parts about wearing masks, his impending eviction, and how it is too hot to wear a shirt. Hmmm...let's just say he seems to have some stresses in his life. Some time off to relax and regroup might do him some good.

Amidds...I love the idea of the tee-shirt quilt. What a wonderful keepsake. I know of a lady who had a memory quilt made for her son after his father, her husband, died when her son was young. She used clothing that had belonged to his father. I'm sure her son will always remember the moment the quilt was given to him.

MHZ and Katydyd...I love black tee-shirts...definitely my first choice! White would be my second. My two Queen concert shirts are black.

Chevy...Very sorry for your painful past! I hope you continue on your healing journey. You mentioned liking the song "Bridge Over Troubled Water". One of my favorite versions of the song was done by the American Idol contestant Clay Aiken. His version is faster and has a different feel to it, but I think it was well done. I loved the gospel choir accompaniment. Here is a link to his American Idol performance of that song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4MR20y0QAw

Jo T...Thanks for passing along the link of Brian's band mates singing "Sail Away Sweet Sister". I agree...they did an amazing job. Very talented musicians!

Amidds user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 346 posts

Posted: 21 Jul 20, 13:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lsgp, well, that's disappointing! I was hoping the Queen channel was gonna last! I've only been listening to it a couple of days but I love that it does seem to be ALL Queen - no "Queen-like" bands, and little interview snippets.

Chevy, so sorry you had to go through that! Absolutely heartbreaking and scary.

Katy, I'll try to remember to take a pic of the quilt tonight. It was seriously easy-if you can cut squares out of cloth and use a sewing machine lol. It was a bit time consuming but well worth it. Like I previously mentioned, Projectrepat does a nice job if you ever decide to go that route and they always have massive sales.

I have to admit, I seriously LOL when you all mentioned a shirtless Rudi! The mental image my mind conjured up was not pretty and I'm happy I missed it! Whatever he's going through, I really hope he sorts it out.

I did order the Presentation Pack of the Queen stamps and have not received them yet. I know it took a bit to get the coin and the world wasn't quite as messed up then but I'm excited to see it.

Posted: 21 Jul 20, 21:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow, Thank you I just love that song so much. My grandparents raised three of my mothers children which included me thank God . But the two children by that other man went into foster care they never had a chance. When they aged out I found my sister she had already been in prison lost her children she reminded me so much of my mother. She told me my half brother had been murdered which was drug related and they don’t know who did it. I feel they didn’t have a chance at all. It makes me thankful I had my grandmother and came from good Christian people.The other two children’s father was a member of the hells angels club so they had a real hard life when they got out of foster care.