Deity: 2166 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jul 20, 21:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you Katydyd!

Amidds user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 346 posts

Posted: 22 Jul 20, 13:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lsgp and anyone else that has Sirius XM - Queen station reverted back to Deep Tracks this am for me, did that happen to anyone else? I'm gonna be a little upset if they stopped it early!

Almost embarrassed to say I wasn't aware of this: "Don't Stop Me Now with long lost guitars" played on that channel yesterday. I had never heard of that. I tried to Google it and not much info - just that Brian didn't like the song so, overnight, added in more riffs. Has anyone heard that? Know more info?

Katy-gonna try to attached a small portion of the blanket. Had to fold it over to block out shirts with names/schools on it but you can get the idea ;)

Attachment: 20207221946758328.jpg 102 KB
This has been downloaded 7 time(s).

MyHumanZoo user not visiting Queenzone.com
MyHumanZoo
Bohemian: 319 posts

Posted: 22 Jul 20, 14:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds, the Queen channel has switched back to deep tracks for me too....I am bummed. I heard on an ad that you can still get the Queen channel for a few more weeks if you stream it online, I haven’t checked that yet. On the Don’t Stop Me Now with guitar backing, I knew of that. Brian never really liked the song and thought it was too light with only piano to drive it. So he went back and put heavier guitar on it, Freddie (and the rest, I think) didn’t like the guitar heavy version. Brian said that since it was Freddie’s song, he got the final decision and so it went with mostly piano. I *think* Brian talks about it in the extras of the Days of Our Lives documentary. It is on YouTube somewhere, I’m sure.

Rudi has said that basically he has not left his apartment at all since this began back in February. I wonder if that has contributed to his current moods? He could be going a bit stir crazy. Also, I recall him saying at one point that he has major anxiety issues, and so leaving his apartment required sort of “practicing” at going out again. This is all a part of his need to have on a mask, a face shield, and gloves. He put them on once and walked outside and then it seemed liked he holed up in his condo again. Also interesting, it seems he has 2 condos next to each other, one he lives in and the other is his office. Judging by the amount of stuff in there, I sure wouldn’t want to be the one to pick him up and move!

Chevy, I’m so sorry about your mom, what an awful thing to experience! My heart goes out to you and your siblings! God bless your grandparents for raising you.

Love is still the answer, take my hand...
CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 22 Jul 20, 17:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MHZ, I really resented my mother for many years she left me my brother and sister with my Dad. He was a Vietnam veteran so he was suffering from ptsd and couldn’t care for us. She basically got up one morning jumped on a back of a Harley and left us. She had two more children with this other man and those are the children that ended up in foster care. Since my father wasn’t fit to raise us my grandparents took us I just wish they would’ve took Brooke and Todd but they didn’t.When I met Brooke it was like we were from different worlds she has lived a hard life she was born in 1985 and she looks my age and I’m 47. She has lived the school of hard knocks It really kills me when I think about it. I wonder why we couldn’t all be together my grands were Christian people and taught me the right way to be. They didn’t have that opportunity it’s said.

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 881 posts

Posted: 22 Jul 20, 19:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds, I absolutely love the quilt! Now I'm sorry that I donated all of my tee's to Good Will. I had the JT shirts, lots of school spirit shirts, sports tees and lots of fun shirts I used for different science themes at school. It would have been so cool. I wouldn't have been able to make the quilt myself, but I would have paid someone to do it.

MHZ I am so happy that you posted your thoughts on Rudi. I know he did his share of drugs in the day, but I had never heard that he had an addiction problem with either drugs or alcohol so I just don't buy that he somehow backslid and that is the problem now. I firmly believe ADHD explains some of his unfocused talk, but your thoughts make a lot of sense to me. As far as I know you are the only one who has faithfully watched each of his Backstage broadcasts so you would have a good feel for his reaction to the pandemic. When I was watching regularly, and again in the snippets I've watched since then, I sensed a high level of anxiety over the virus. He has seemed to be more afraid than I would have expected. You said that he has anxiety issues and had to practice to leave the apartment. To me, that says a lot and I feel a lot of compassion for him. The man lives alone, away from his home country and his children. I would not blame him for being fearful. I feel very shut in my home and very much shut out of the life I was living, but I am still able to see my closest friend and my near-by family. What would it be like if I had no such contact? I don't think he can be blamed for being a little stir crazy. I wear a mask everywhere, but I don't wear gloves or a face shield. That signals a high level of fear to me. I hope he is able to resolve the apartment situation. I did hear him say that he has the office we see in the videos, but he also has the neighboring condo as his home. My heart goes out to him and I hope he is able to find some peace.

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 681 posts

Posted: 22 Jul 20, 20:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As I had mentioned before, it seems like Rudi has some stresses...but then again, don't we all! A worldwide pandemic that resulted in tens of thousands of deaths, social distancing the likes of which we have never experienced before, economic devastation, and widespread civil unrest...there haven't been many bright spots in the news the first half of this year. I am just thankful I could isolate with my husband...it would have been much harder to be alone during that period. I know Rudi has been very focused on his health and has taken some impressive positive steps with good results (running every day, no alcohol etc). I don't think he would do anything to compromise what he has worked so hard to achieve. I'm sure he is yearning for normalcy as are the rest of us. Since I can't do the "big" normal things I typically do during the summer (vacation, county fair, concerts, local events) I have to rely on the "small" normal things to be satisfied (scary movie night with my husband, swimming in the lake, walks, reading on the porch) Of course, it is good to have things to look forward to...like books about our favorite singer!

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Bohemian: 276 posts

Posted: 23 Jul 20, 01:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ammids, yes, lost Queen Channel yesterday, but these things are always temporary. Before, channel 26 did a month long of Led Zeppelin. Whenever these channels do this, it’s never permanent. But they could have left it on longer.

katydyd, you mentioned you used to live in Louisiana. I’ve lived there 3 separate times. Do you mind telling where?

Posted: 23 Jul 20, 02:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lsgp, we lived in Louisiana for almost exactly a year and what an experience it was! I did bring back a love of good Cajun food. : ) Still wish I could find boudin around here and I've been known to serve turducken for Thanksgiving! We lived in Sulphur, just outside of Lake Charles. It was like living in an exotic foreign country. I'll never forget the first time driving down to the Gulf. There were ditches alongside the road and I could not believe what I was seeing. I told my husband there were alligators in the ditches and he told me I was crazy. Yeah, well either there are alligators in the ditches or there are a lot of floating nostrils and eyeballs just above the water!! We got to New Orleans several times and I loved that city! Where did you live??

Posted: 23 Jul 20, 15:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd, is Cajun food spicy or does it depend on what part of Louisiana.

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 681 posts

Posted: 23 Jul 20, 16:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd...What did you do while in New Orleans? I have been there a couple of times, once while on a road trip with a friend in the mid 80's. We stayed at a youth hostel in the middle of the city...had a great time. We did the typical touristy things...walked down Bourbon Street, ate beignets at Cafe Du Monde, listened to some jazz music at Preservation Hall, and visited the grave of the Voodoo Queen.

Just saw on the Queen site that Brian will be one of the guest guitarists at a "concert" hosted by Nuno Bettencourt which will be shown on AXS TV on August 3. Unfortunately, we do not have that cable channel. Darn! If you want to watch some insanely fast guitar playing, check out Nuno playing "Flight of the Wounded Bumblebee".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrKGEiuec4Q

Lsgp03

Posted: 23 Jul 20, 22:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OMG! Katydyd, I lived in Lake Charles! I developed the absolute WORST respiratory allergies from the air those Sulphuric plants emitted from across the lake. Since I was not born nor reared there, my body was not accustomed to all that coming from the other side of the lake. I then moved to Ruston where I attended LA Tech, then New Orleans. The happiest adult years of my life were in Louisiana. The FOOD! It’s not the same since post Katrina. Completely different now. Me and my old college roommate agreed to fly there about 4 years ago for a long weekend just to eat. No where do they prepare food in the USA like there. We stayed in the quarter but I don’t think I would go back. Not the same. My early Queen years were in LC. I missed the Queen concert in New Orleans! I really miss that time. New Orleans was a great place to live during that time.

Lsgp03

Posted: 23 Jul 20, 23:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Meant to be more specific.....missed the Queen concert in NOLA, 1978

Posted: 24 Jul 20, 23:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Everyone check your emails you have updated info you guys know what I mean have a nice weekend.

Posted: 25 Jul 20, 00:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lspg, I can't believe you lived in Lake Charles! Small world! I don't remember smelling the sulphur plants but maybe the memory has faded. I'm really sorry to hear that you feel the food has changed since Katrina. I suspect we will be saying the same thing about food and restaurants after the pandemic. Sad. I brought back some good local cookbooks and can still make a great shrimp etouffee. Shrimp trucks used to come into the neighborhood with their fresh haul from the Gulf. Shrimp was only $1.00 a pound, and I'm talking BIG shrimp. I can de-head and clean shrimp with the best of them. I'm not good with years so I didn't realize Queen were in NO in 1978. We would have been there then! That makes three concerts now that occurred near me that I missed. NO, Philadelphia and my current city. I'm still kicking myself and asking what I could have been thinking.

Rainbow, Sulphur is on the western side of LA so the drive to NO took a while. We went a couple of times, usually to take people who had come down to visit. We did the usual tourist things. I don't really care for jazz but we did go to a bar to listen to some. While in an oyster bar I bit down on a partially formed pearl! I just recently threw it away. It looked kind of like partially chewed gum. Nothing you'd want to have set in jewelry. I did love the cemeteries. Really beautiful and gothic. Easy to imagine ghosts there!

I don't think we have AXS, but I will have to check.

Posted: 25 Jul 20, 00:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow, forgot to thank you for the link. I don't think my fingers were ever that nimble!

Lsgp03

Posted: 26 Jul 20, 03:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydy, that 1978 concert was the one they always referred to as that party with “drawfs walking around with bowls of cocaine on their heads” etc....that was the year and place.

I must have miscommunicated about post Katrina.....I wasn’t referring to the food changed.....it was the city itself changed....the ambiance....the people.

Lsgp03

Posted: 26 Jul 20, 03:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lsgp03

Posted: 26 Jul 20, 03:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lsgp03

Posted: 26 Jul 20, 03:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: 2020726548361697.jpeg 18 KB
This has been downloaded 15 time(s).

Lsgp03

Posted: 26 Jul 20, 03:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This was from that party at the the 1978 concert in New Orleans. Its the “cleanest “ photo available from that party

Attachment: 20207261252836184.jpeg 103 KB
This has been downloaded 13 time(s).