Forums > Personal > Friendly Chat

forum rss feed
Author

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2166 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Mar 20, 19:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003, I agree with you on that one I dont follow Rudi but I have heard he isnt very natural or organized in his live interviews I wonderi its being nervous.The only live I have seen is with Thor and Lee and it looked like they were just setting at home they looked very relaxed they did pretty well to have not have done that before.

Amidds user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 346 posts

Posted: 15 Mar 20, 20:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd, agree 100%! I didn’t see it live but just after in his story. He def needs to get better organized and stay on topic. He did announce his and Peters “secret project” will be done at Breakthru. Didn’t say what it is exactly, so back to the hinting which I don’t like :(. I thought I noticed some QZ peeps popping in with questions though!

Thanks Lgsp, keeping my fingers crossed! Having the nurses ck with their hospital today to see if their vacation time could be rescinded if their area gets hit hard so, that may be the deciding factor.

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 881 posts

Posted: 15 Mar 20, 23:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amdds, I'm with you. I find the hinting about the "secret project" annoying. I noticed some QZ people too! I don't use this name on Insta so no one would recognize me if I did comment. : ) I know we had some people who are planning to go to Breakthru, so they will probably know before the rest of us.

As for your trip to Ireland, I'm so sorry. I would think your Montreux trip would still be safe. Surely by then this will all be over. It seems to be getting worse by the hour, but I have to believe it will turn around at some point soon.

Jo T. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jo T.
Bohemian: 161 posts

Posted: 15 Mar 20, 23:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JB050, I tried to send you a PM earlier last week, but it never went through. The site is a technical dinosaur. Anyway, it's hard to believe that a week ago today, my sister and I flew home FROM NYC, after our vacay in early March. That was all BEFORE Broadway went dark, the museums closed, etc. - due to the coronavirus. We saw Lee Nolan's recommended "Come From Away" on Broadway. Unfortunately, actor Jenn Colella of the original Broadway cast had left the role of American Airlines' Captain Beverley Bass for other projects last Nov. 2019. I loved her performance of "Me and the Sky." However, she was replaced by the talented Rachel Tucker, who was nominated for an Olivier Award for the same role in the London production. My sister really liked "CFA." Of course, I had seen it already back in the fall, when the Broadway touring company had stopped in my metropolis. I hope our country and parts of the world come together over the coronavirus like it had for 9/11, as in "CFA." Perhaps long after it's all over one day, somebody shall make a Broadway production about the year 2020 and COVID-19. I have no doubt TP shall be mentioned in a song!

We also saw "Jagged Little Pill" on Broadway. If you're a fan of Alanis Morissette, you'll really like it. Thus, I would highly recommend it for you - once Broadway is operational again. Alanis' songs wove seamlessly into the story. It's as if they were made specifically for the musical. The musical covers current issues about opioid abuse, date rape, LGBT, race, etc.

JB, I'm sorry to learn you had to cancel your vacation, Billy Joel @ MSG and Broadway. The Broadway touring company of "Dear Evan Hansen" was cancelled in my metropolis, but these are 1st-world complaints. People are dying from coronavirus. I also feel for those industries (theatres, restaurants, bars, hotels, etc.) who are losing revenue, as well as the workers and their families affected by the coronavirus. Some folks don't get paid if they don't work. They don't have PTO. I'm very blessed to be able to work from home online, even though it'll be an inconvenience.

Katydyd, I had to look up "salt cellar." Obviously, I don't own one nor have I heard it of it! LOL

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 681 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 20, 00:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds...It would certainly be disappointing if your trip gets cancelled, but it sounds like you would not have the full "Ireland experience" if many tourist areas are closed. If your trip is cancelled, then on the day you are supposed to depart, go out and buy a lottery ticket. If you win BIG, you won't be as disappointed that you missed your trip and you'll have plenty of money to plan future trips!

Jo T.... I'm fortunate that I can also work from home if necessary, but you are right, this is a scary time for those who do not get paid time off. There are many people who live paycheck to paycheck and losing wages means the difference between paying rent or making a car payment etc. Today it was announced that all the schools in the counties around me are closed until at least April 19. That means there are a lot parents looking for someone to watch their children while they work. They must be scrambling now.

Katydyd...Did Rudi say anything about when his book will be out? Although I am not on Instagram, I can still read the comments that are posted. It sounds like Rudi is still writing the book. I do admit to being curious about what his secret project is! I bet the Breakthru conference will be really fun this year.

Posted: 16 Mar 20, 01:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow, during a Live on Insta, you can see comments from the people watching. Several people asked Rudi when the book will be out, but he didn't say. I do believe he is still writing. I thought the whole secret project thing was confusing. It almost sounded like it would be some kind of live performance which doesn't really make sense. I guess we will find out in time.

Jo, you have the best trips to NY! It's so hard to imagine Broadway is dark now. What do all of those actors do? How do they stay fresh for performances when they begin again? This is all such new territory. My next local Broadway series show isn't until May and I'm not planning on attending that one. It's Anastasia and I have no interest.

LOL, salt cellars...………….I hope you guys realized I meant what I said when I told you I have never used them. They aren't my style at all. It was just something that impressed me as a child because they were so fancy. So when I thought about a gift for Freddie, antique salt cellars seemed like something he might enjoy using. We've all seen the pictures of him making sure the table settings were perfect and I can see him fussing around with placing them on the table just so. When my family is all here for a dinner we use Chinette paper plates and the salt is in an old wooden salt shaker that I've had forever.

Posted: 16 Mar 20, 15:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Corona virus update thought to be caused from bats and estimated 60 percent of people will be infected by the end of the year.

Posted: 16 Mar 20, 17:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yep, we're officially cancelling Ireland. The nurses in our group were told that, if they still went, they would have to be quarantined at least 2 weeks after their return (no pay) before they could go back to work. B/t that and everything being closed, we're trying to reschedule for May, assuming life will be back to normal then lol!

Yikes, Broadway dark???? Can't even imagine. Sorry, JB, that you lost out on a vacation as well. Obviously, things are weird right now and, if that's all we have to suffer through, I'll count it as a win. I don't know anyone that has the virus though my son-in-law in now on quarantine for treating a COVID patient 2 weekends ago. He's a paramedic and is getting pretty frustrated being at home!! No word on if he actually contracted it.

Rudi gave no indication on book timing. I find it a little weird cause he's always posting about how he just "finished another chapter" and that's been going on for a year now? I would think that would give him an idea, but, what do I know??

Katy, I'm with you....Chinette or my everyday Corelle lol! My whole family has all these nice dishes they love to use/show off. I feel as if you're gonna cover it with food, who cares???

Posted: 16 Mar 20, 19:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For one these guys writing these books unless you have been an author of a book yourself I dont think it's weird at all for them to do anything they do in the book writing process.Im not a fan of Rudi for reasons known to me but everyone wonders why it took so long for Thor and Lee's book to complete.Well I want anyone to set down with a blank sheet of paper and have at it.Its a tedious process I'm sure.They will complete when they do and everyone can then be happy I do hope it brings the ones that have worked so hard the recognition they deserve because so far I have heard how long these books are taking and no I'm not talking about everyone so please save face and dont jump to conclusions.Im sure the books will be well worth reading when complete and a view from different perspectives one from a personal account which will be nice and one from a buisness side.

JB050 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 575 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 20, 20:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So great to hear from everyone and read the conversation. Thank you to each of you for commiserating with/for me. Jo T -well said. These are for sure 1st world problems. I was ok with it. Soooo glad you got there and saw and enjoyed the shows and trips. Jagged Little Pill Recommendation appreciated and noted if I do get there in September.

As always, I really appreciate this group!!!

Like Amidds, my Mom is in her 80s and I was concerned if I travelled would need to quarantine from her so worked out well anyway. Am so ok with it and also heartbroken and concerned for all effected and all types of impacts. Chilling at home works for me for now. You will hear me if I get stir crazy. Haha. Thank you each again I truly, truly appreciate your caring!!

And, here is how I am flipping it: got tickets for Dear Evan in CH in August, and we may get to have re-do Billy Joel in September.

Posted: 16 Mar 20, 20:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds, LOL, I could use the every day plates but then I'd have to wash them. When the whole crowd is here, I'm about paper.

Wow, I hope you are not overly optimistic by considering May for your trip. I hope things are good by then too, but it sounds more dire every day. My niece just canceled her wedding scheduled for April 14 in Mexico. My heart breaks for her but she really had no choice. Her uncle is a doctor in a NYC hospital and he was told he couldn't go because they may need him as things get worse. Her sister is a research scientist in a Philadelphia cancer center and she was told she could go, but would have to isolate for 14 days upon return without pay. I think my niece has known for a few days that this was coming, but she finally had to face the decision. I'm so sad for her.

LOL Amidds, I know what you mean about Rudi saying almost daily that he's finished another chapter. I suspect, like most authors, he sets aside a designated time for writing every day. When he tells us he's "finished another chapter", I think he means he finished the day's quota of work. If not his book will have such a huge number of chapters it might be hard to lift. Both books will reach us when ready and I'm excited to have new material whenever we get it.

Posted: 16 Mar 20, 20:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jo T. Same back to you. Really disappointing about your trip, but better safe and healthy for now. Will you be able to do make-up trip. Fingers and toes that your other trip won’t need cancelling. I agree that it should be okay by then.... hopefully. :))

All—I’m with you... anxiously awaiting the next book. Even if I am behind on current reading list!!

Loved the Great Pretender Freudian slip. Perfection.

Posted: 16 Mar 20, 20:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds. Re: trip that is. Hasahaaa. Now I’m slipping. :-))

Posted: 16 Mar 20, 20:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JB I too am so happy to see the conversations here. It's a source of joy and support to hear from you guys and to see that we are all in this together.

Posted: 16 Mar 20, 21:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yessss!!! Xoxo!!

Posted: 16 Mar 20, 21:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JoT, I was glad to here about your trip as well but I had a little heads up being as I actually collaborated with ya while you were on your trip thanks for sharing it with us especially the art iit was gorgeous.Im glad you made it home safe and I'm looking forward to you going back.I laughed at the fact you get I D everywhere so do I.I guess that's a good thing we will age gracefully.Stay healthy my friend.I actually did a little research on the artist and how he got his start and how his art had to first appear in mens health and fitness magazines.By the 70s it was booming.

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 681 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 20, 21:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So many people adversely affected. Everyone will be talking about this global event for years to come. It will be one of those "Do you remember when....?" stories. Things are unfolding rapidly. At the beginning of the day, my agency held a meeting and we were told that we could split our work hours between the office and home in whatever combination worked best for us. In addition, we were requiring our consumers to call first; We were no longer taking walk-ins. By the end of the day, I received an agency directive that we were closing until further notice. All work is to be done at home. That is fine with me...I can handle working in my sweat pants.

Katydyd...How disappointing for your niece. Will she still get married on that date and have the wedding celebration another time?

I have a few books in progress (coincidentally, one is about the Spanish Influenza pandemic entitled "The Great Influenza". Another is about an American couple who buy a cottage in Ireland entitled: O Come Ye Back To Ireland") I GUARANTEE when Thor/Lee and Rudi's books come out, they will immediately skip to the top of my reading list! Those will be "hunker down and read all at once" books. (The equivalent of finding a great series to watch on Netflix, and before you know it, you've watched almost an entire season in one evening.

Posted: 16 Mar 20, 23:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh noooo Katy, your poor niece! Hope all works out for her!! Planning a wedding is soo stressful, can’t imagine having to cancel! May might be optimistic, my daughter is a nurse manager and has to sit in on all “those” meetings...the scuttle butt is that it will be on the down slide at that time, so I’m gonna trust her on this. Aannnnnddd, will be keeping my fingers crossed!! Also, didn’t even think that Rudi may be using incorrect vernacular, lol, I think every time, “whoa, another War and Peace or what?” I needed that perspective, thanks.

JB, good work in flipping it! No point in getting worked up over it, really, just give yourself something positive to look forward to!!!

Rainbow, you are spot on. I’m sure we will be talking about this for years. It’s really crazy! My office is still open and it doesn’t look like they’ll be doing a shut down at all. I’m not too concerned cause I have a corner office that keeps me away from others and it’s a small company and not the “walk-in” kind but, gotta admit, I’d like to work from home in my sweatpants too!!!

Posted: 16 Mar 20, 23:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow, I'm not sure what my niece is going to do. Though she doesn't see it now, this will be a great story to tell her grandchildren some day. She and her fiancé met at Oklahoma State and are both vets in Texas now. She's definitely a transplant from the East coast so she was so excited to be seeing family and friends at the wedding that she rarely sees now. Not sure how easily they can get time off since they are both new to the practices..

Amidds, I would trust what your daughter says! I sure hope she is correct. My friend's son is a PA in an ER in North Carolina. He said he normally has 10 nurses working his shift, but today he only had 3 because the others were home with their kids.

Rainbow, I'm a reader too. I probably read a book a week so I'm always up for a good recommendation.

Posted: 18 Mar 20, 23:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi fellow lurkers just wanted to say hi and let you guys know how friendly this thread is it says ALL welcome I have made several polite statements and not one response.I hope this isnt the way all new posters are treated or poster that may just not agree with a topic .Have a peaceful evening and stay healthy to all you lovely people.Acceptance is a word only unless it is reinforced by actions.Its ok to be a little weird it's what makes you unique and different from everyone else.So come one come all you freaky people you are loved and awesome!