add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Mar 20, 00:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh I forgot to say I love you!

MyHumanZoo user not visiting Queenzone.com
MyHumanZoo
Bohemian: 319 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 20, 16:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I found this thread...thank you Katydid for the heads-up! I feel so badly for those of you with vacations and events cancelled, it’s so hard to miss out on those special times. I really hope everything can get caught up once this virus has calmed down. I coach high school tennis, and it is heart-breaking for the seniors who have worked so hard for years to reach the top of their game and now it is all cancelled. They also don’t get their final fun times with high school friends and possibly even their graduation walks. Kind of amazing how many things are touched by this!

Love is still the answer, take my hand...
CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2166 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 20, 23:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mhz, It really is scary I havent seen anything like this in my time.

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 881 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 20, 01:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good to see you MHZ! You'll find that this thread can be very active for a few days and then slow down, only to pick up again when the urge hits someone to post. I hope you will come by often.

There were several news stories today on high school seniors and the things they will be missing due to the current situation. It seems the longer this goes, the more things are affected. It's like ripples on a pond that just keep getting bigger and bigger. I follow a local city page on FB and today some of the kids were worrying about when they could get their yearbooks and if they would ever be able to have friends sign them. Seems a small issue, but to them, it's huge. MHZ do you coach both boys and girls? It's so sad to see the spring sports canceled. The kids must be heartbroken.

(Yikes, the storm sirens are going off. Tornado warning a little too close for comfort...……..back in a sec)

15 minutes later, storms breaking up. It's going to be a long night.

Anyway...……...I'm going to share a video that most of you have probably already seen this week . It's been all over FB and there is even a thread for it on the General Discussion forum. People seemed to be most impressed that they are hearing John Deacon's voice for the first time in years. That isn't a big deal to me, but I thought it was just a cute conversation between father and son. Cam had such a typical reaction to his father. And I have to admit, I love the rabbit hat. Boy could I use one of those to annoy my grandkids. They never think I'm as amusing as I think I am.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGnGCFVcWEU

Amidds user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 345 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 20, 13:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Everyone!! MHZ! Glad you found us! So sad to hear about the high schoolers, I remember how important those times were to my kids. Hopefully, the powers that be, will reschedule events that are important. It can be done!!!

Katy! Just what you need right? Coronavirus AND a tornado. Geez!! Thanks for the vid, it was cute!

Latest Finding Freddie it out today. Making Barcelona:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-hEY2Mqnjs

Also, Rudi announced another live this Sunday at 4:00 pm Miami time. If anyone, who doesn't get IG Live, is interested, I can attempt to screen record it and forward it to you. Just DM me. Have to say, don't have a lot of hopes for this weeks, he has been complaining a lot about the Coronavirus this week and lack of supplies available. I get his frustration, just sayin he might be a little preoccupied for a good live right now. I feel like I should also take this time to let you know that no one should be panicking about the masks that "aren't" available right now to consumers. Generally, the ones we buy off the shelf are not the right type to prevent contracting this virus. You really need special ones that you can pretty much only find in a Dr office or hospital (and don't steal them, our healthcare workers need them to take care of the ill!) Also, while gloves may be a good idea if you are out touching things, unless you sterilize everything you bring home, you can still bringing it in your house. Just trying to be real, y'all. The best way to prevent this is to wash your hands, use hand sanitizer (which seems to be in supply again), don't touch your face and stay home!

That being said, I am still at work everyday because I work for a small company with an owner who can be stupid at times. :(( Stay safe y'all!!!

Posted: 20 Mar 20, 13:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds, I’m about to make a fast trip to the bank, and then I’m sheltering in. But quick question for you or anyone else: I’m a foodie, used to eating out with friends at least twice a week. So....what do you think about food delivery such as Door Dash or even pizza? Safe?

More later on the podcast and Rudi.

Amidds user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 345 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 20, 14:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katy, I actually questioned "my nurse" thoroughly this week about what to do and not do as my husband and mom are both in high risk groups. Basically, she said the above and, the rest, you have to decide where you want to draw the line. Anyone can have it and not know about it, therefore spreading it unknowingly. Anytime you go out, have someone over, etc. you are taking a chance. If it helps at all, she is NOT walking around wearing gloves and masks every time she goes out or even when she is entering/leaving work. She is following the above guidelines and not going to bars, restaurants, stores, etc unless she absolutely has to. She has postponed hair and nail appts, dr appts and our vacation (obviously). She still works 3-5 shifts per week, carries around hand sanitizer and orders Door Dash. Her only advice when ordering out was to wash your hands after handling packaging but before eating. Does that make sense? Open the pizza box, wash your hands, then grab that slice!

Posted: 20 Mar 20, 14:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Amidds! Door Dash has initiated a “non-contact” delivery meaning they leave it outside your door. I’ll probably go ahead with lots of hand washing.

My bank was interesting and I’m glad I went today because I won’t need to go again until May. They had tape on the floor so you knew where to stand for social distancing and also tape to keep you away from the counter. I was second a line of two when I got there, but there were six in line when I left. I’m in for the duration now.

My thoughts are with those of you who have the care of elderly parents. The news is changing so fast it is hard to keep up.

MyHumanZoo

Posted: 20 Mar 20, 16:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I saw that video with John’s son, I actually follow him on YouTube but his videos are kind of strange to me...probably geared towards kids his age, I suppose. I don’t watch them often. I wonder how old he is, seeing as he is living at home? Since John is near 70 it seems like his kids would be grown and gone, but I know he had 6 kids so maybe this is the youngest.

On Rudi, he was fun while he had his girlfriend, but lately I find him a little annoying. Hhhmmm, maybe I am just getting grumpy from being isolated, lol! It seems a bit unfair that he comes from a foreign country after the virus has started taking over, and then complains that there are no supplies here. There aren’t supplies anywhere, people have been buying up gloves and masks (and tp!) all over the world, it’s not specific to the US and it kind of irks me that he feels like we did it to him on purpose and that he deserves better. We all deserve better, but here we are and we’re dealing with it and not complaining! Rant over on that...I guess! As far as his book goes, I read on another thread a while back that he has been “writing” and promising this book for years and has never delivered. I am hoping that he is really working on it, but he has said that he wrote a chapter in one night, which seems odd to me. Writing isn’t easy, and I can’t imagine he can just rip through a chapter like that, unless the chapter is a few paragraphs long. And he doesn’t appear to have an editor or anyone reviewing it or helping, so I have to wonder if it is really happening. Oh well, I’ll hang on and monitor, he does drop a few Freddie tidbits in his IG stories if you can keep him focused!

Katydid, I have coached boys in the past, but currently I coach girls. It is fun, but a lot of work. I miss the girls and the matches, but I don’t miss standing outside in the March cold and winds for hours on end!

As far as deliveries and the virus go, I saw some info on TV yesterday about a study on how long the virus survives on different surfaces. For most surfaces (like plastic, etc) it was maybe 6 hours or something. But they said on cardboard it could last up to 24 hours....so now I am wondering how safe shipping boxes will be...my Amazon fix may be ending, lol!

Galileo1564 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 212 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 20, 17:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd5–there is some risk. On one of the affected cruise ships there were people who fell ill and their only contact was delivered food left outside their doors. This was mentioned on TWiV podcast, sorry I don’t remember which episode number.

Having said that eating is essential, and most of us don’t have months of food stashed in our homes. I’m getting groceries delivered today.

There are several medicines now being used or under study. In that respect things are getting better. I live close to New York State and they’re going into lockdown. But grocery stores will still be open. We have to eat.

Galileo1564 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 212 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 20, 17:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MyHumanZoo—amazon boxes should be safe as long as your delivery man is not a carrier of the virus.

The study you’re referring to is under lab conditions. They can’t for obvious reasons put virus on a box and then ship it and study how long the virus remains infectious! WHO is saying delivery boxes are OK.

As a precaution I’m unboxing everything outside, bringing my stuff in and putting the boxes straight into recycling, and then washing hands. This is still less risky than going to the store. I don’t know if this precaution is really needed, but I’m doing it anyway. It might not be a bad idea to put off non-essential purchases for the time being.

Posted: 21 Mar 20, 01:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Galileo,hello! I think of you every time I leave the "s" off a link to make it live. :) Thanks for all of the advice. I'd had two Amazon boxes just sitting in the entryway until I could get to them. You spurred me to action. All this hand washing is drying out my hands!

I'm going to try to remember to watch Rudi this week, but if he's as scattered and unorganized as he has been, this may be my last time. I'm kind of tired of Run, Rudi, Run, though I do say good for him for making the effort and keeping at it. He does look thinner. MHZ, we did talk a bit about his book before. Personally I think he's given himself an allotted amount of time each day to write, and quite possibly he's calling that given time a chapter. It's also possible that he's been working on the book for a long time, but pushing it aside for other projects. I actually thought I might use some of this time confined to the house to finish a Shutterfly book I started a long time ago called "Family Fun 2017". At that time my goal was to make a book a year. I do have two books for the years prior, but then I ran out of steam.

Cameron Deacon does seem a bit quirky but I think you are right MHZ that's he's geared towards people his age or younger. I think I read that he is 27 and he is John's youngest child.

Amidds, thanks for the podcast link. I just watched it. Nothing new in this one, and not enough Freddie for me. it indicated that this was Part 1 so maybe we will see more of Freddie in part 2. I do enjoy listening to Mike Moran though.

Posted: 21 Mar 20, 02:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Galileo, at least the stores are open my whole town everything is shut down. I have to go to the city to get anything.Walmart wont let you order toilet paper online you have to get it in store and they are out.

Posted: 21 Mar 20, 02:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mhz, Do you coach girls wrestling my son wrestled all through highschool and junior high and even went to wrestle in Japan to represent the US.When you said matches It sounded like you might be a wrestling coach.In junior high he wrestled in the 90 weight division.In his senior year it was the 130 or 140 I think.Rudi gets on my nerves a bit but people like him so who am I to say .I just am not too interested in those German years they dont impress me they seem to have been some of his darker times from a personal perspective.

JB050 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 575 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 20, 13:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi everyone! So good to see the conversation and information about this current situation (yes the ‘ion’s were intentional.... haha). I’ve been thinking about all of you and so glad to hear you are all safe and hunkering in. I agree about concern for those with higher risk. did just get the stay-home order in IL from the Governor starting tonight at 5pm. Amidds — did that change your going in to work?

Our company is instituting full work at home at least thru end of month. So, I believe it’s Rainbow I’ll be joining for working in PJs. :)

Great to know about pizza box!!! I have one from last night. Based on this knowledge I will take it out of the box. Thanks!!

Rainbow- thank you for Your message re: show. the one you were going to looks so good too. There will be shows in our future!!!

I have made an exception and let the dog on the bed yesterday. I think I’ve started something. It’s great though. Anyone else find your doing something differently?

I agree that we will always remember this moment. And I really hope the in it together, global caring, slowing down, being together aspects do change us and do Stay. I felt such gratitude seeing them restocking at grocery store.

As usual I’m going back thru posts. Think I may owe a few more answers. :)

JB050 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 575 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 20, 14:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And MHZ!! Hi!! So glad your here!!!

MyHumanZoo

Posted: 21 Mar 20, 15:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks JB! Good to know on the boxes, thank you Galileo. I agree that we’ll always remember this time, and I’m sure this will change things going forward. Soon we’ll be saying “remember when people used to shake hands and hug when they met?” Ha!

My life hasn’t changed a lot, I am retired so most of my time is already at home. We are fortunate in that there are no known cases in my county yet. I feel for people in small apartments and without access to outdoor space, I imagine the domestic fighting cases may jump in number. What’s the saying? Familiarity breeds contempt? Lol!

MyHumanZoo

Posted: 21 Mar 20, 15:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry Chevyman, I forgot to answer...no I don’t coach wrestling. That made me laugh, I can’t imagine myself wrestling at all! I coach tennis, mainly because the outfits are way cuter than the wrestling ones. Just kidding! ; )

Another thing that makes me sad though, professional tennis is suspended and now the French Open has been moved to fall. I am desperately hoping that Wimbledon doesn’t also get cancelled or moved. I live for tennis tournaments and watch as much as possible.

Posted: 21 Mar 20, 20:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mhz, The worst thing I hated about my son wrestling had to wax his legs .Tennis is a cool sport I love to watch it.

Posted: 21 Mar 20, 20:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I could've killed my son he went to the city and went to a place pub in the city last night to eat drink and hear a band I could've killed him.I chewed him out horribly this virus scares me to death people are dying it reminds me of when I became sick and they could do very little.Young people just dont understand and think they are invinsible.