Forums > Personal > How well did Rudi really know Freddy ?

forum rss feed
Author

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2166 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Jul 20, 01:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He wasn’t ashamed of who he was he came to know who he was and celebrated life as anyone would.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 6130 posts

Posted: 31 Jul 20, 06:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You must think very little of Freddie if you believe he was so weak as to let his management (Jim Beach, according to you the rabid anti-gay manager who nevertheless set up an Aids charity) force him to hide his identity. And of course I did say I didn't blame Fred for hiding his private life, but you've ignored that (because that's what conspiracy theorists do). And accusing Fred's parents of lying is pretty despicable, but then again everybody's got to be in on the conspiracy, right? :(

BTW if Fred wanted his private life kept private, why do you think you have a right to know about it?

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."

Posted: 31 Jul 20, 14:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Look I’m not gonna argue with you I don’t know your age but in 1989 I was 14 had a girl friend and there is no way we walked hand and hand in school or anywhere. We had to leave our small town so no one would know.Everyone thought we were really good friends.Times have changed but old timers like Jim beach have not . The man was a awesome buisness man for Queen that’s all Freddie and the others cared about. In buisness you have to take the good with bad.Freddie was highly intelligent man he knew Jim could handle the money and make it grow. But yes I believe Jim beach was and is a bigot. It’s my opinion.Everyone has one that’s okay to have an opinion.

Posted: 31 Jul 20, 14:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The film about him that came out was a disaster And a bald faced lie.People that knew him best have had some to say on that one. the man was not sad not hiding his sexuality outside Queen dealings he was having one hell of a good time and enjoying himself where ever he was.Then AIDS hit a very sad thing he died way too young we lost a great artist.We lost other artist too.As far as Freddie’s parents his mom did I believe what she thought was best. I think they knew he was gay since he was a teenager in school. A mother knows her son a bond always exists there in my culture that can’t be broken.

Posted: 31 Jul 20, 15:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My grandmother loved her son he was also a gay man and she told me when I became older she always knew he was gay from an early preteen age. She still loved him. You do a lot for your children.

Posted: 31 Jul 20, 15:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bigots run charities all the time hell they have run our countries.

Posted: 02 Aug 20, 14:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly, isn’t rabid a perfect word for a sick dog. Well in my mind bigots are just that they are sick and full of hate for something they know nothing about.A dog has no control over becoming rabid but a human has many choices not to do the things they do.Certain groups of society are the sick ones they used to view being gay as a illness. Give me a break society are the ones that need locked up and let the rest of us roll back to the 60s and enjoy ourselves with whom ever we please!!!!!!!!

FreddieDearie user not visiting Queenzone.com
Truth Matters
FreddieDearie
Bohemian: 357 posts

Posted: 02 Aug 20, 17:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is a myth that Freddie was closeted. It is true that he felt it was no one’s business and felt people should se him as a human and an artist first.

But Freddie was WELL KNOWN for traipsing around gay bars and wearing t-shirts from BDSM gay bars etc.

As far as him running after a woman in a video. It’s just a character he was playing. The video’s plot was built around old fashioned movies from the 50’s. Pretty sure mainstream movies in the 50’s didn’t have gay men chasing each other around and kissing.

So for that to be used as “evidence” he was hiding his sexuality is rediculous.

”I’m not afraid to speak out and say the things that I want to do, or do the things I want to do. So I think in the end being natural and being actually genuine is what wins.”

Posted: 02 Aug 20, 23:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think it’s a crime men in the 50s couldn’t show their love and affection toward one another. They were treated like animals no wonder they were scared who wants to go to prison for showing intimacy or affection. We can’t control who our emotions and physical hormones and chemistry’s are attracted to and we owe no explanation. But I guess I’m good ole 1950 we did. I was born in the 70s I’m sure it was still just as bad. But wasn’t there a period in the 60s where everybody was having the free love era.

Posted: 03 Aug 20, 00:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have one guy friend that grew up in the oppression and has filled me in some but people under50 really don’t understand because by the time I was a teenager the 90s started a time of change.

Truth Matters
FreddieDearie

Posted: 03 Aug 20, 05:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Chevyman,

I'm agree with you, bigotry is a mental disease in a way, but with bigotry, humans CHOOSE to be that way. Sickness infers they were infected with something beyond their control. And maybe one can excuse in experienced children having been kept ignorant. Butmthere’s a certain point, where, if your human nature is decent, you shed that ugly thing you were, taught as a child. Ignorance is no longer an excuse.

Can you please list the bigoted things Jim Beach did? I here people repeat things like he somehow was forcing Freddie to hide his sexuality, but I’ve not seen any real evidence of it.

Of COURSE, if he did that I will speak out against him.

And for the record, I nursed AIDS patients in the 80’s and 90’s, I’m extremely aware of the pressures and prejudices against gay men back then.

In the 60’s homosexuality or “sodomy” was still illegal in most states. So no, the 60’s was not ”free love for gay people the way it was for straight people. Homosexuality has still illegal up until 2002 in 15 states.

”I’m not afraid to speak out and say the things that I want to do, or do the things I want to do. So I think in the end being natural and being actually genuine is what wins.”
Truth Matters
FreddieDearie

Posted: 03 Aug 20, 05:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly, Freddie never denied he was gay. That’s just not true.

Popcorn Magazine (German)

Q: You recently admitted to being gay in interviews....

Freddie: Yes I’m gay, so what?...I am actually a very sensitive romantic guy, but I have been often disappointed, my heart has many scars”

Truth Matters
FreddieDearie

Posted: 03 Aug 20, 05:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Truth Matters
FreddieDearie

Posted: 03 Aug 20, 05:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

chevy,

As is tradition, I'm sure Freddie’s mother wrote all Freddie’s workers thanking them for their service to Freddie. There’s no way in hell that the letter written to Jim was in anyway thanking him for being his boyfriend.

Invisible Woman user not visiting Queenzone.com
Invisible Woman
Bohemian: 638 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 20, 07:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think he hid it at the beginning of his career but not later. In fact, in private life no but in public life yes. Many celebrities have done it ( hide something for public ), are doing it and will do it because this is about their careers. Not everything is simple. Everyone has the right to protect his career as they think should, and as far as he is concerned, his career and job have influenced the careers and jobs of other people so that in public life he could not behave the same as in private life.
But is that the most important thing that Freddie was gay? Isn't it more important that Freddie was a great artist, musician, singer, his music and the songs we still love and listen? Why would we look at him through just one fact? He was gay and what about that? He is not the only artist or celebrity who was or is gay.

Posted: 03 Aug 20, 15:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That’s kinda my point over all he was an artist and when I look and I haven’t in a great deal of time and see someone shaming someone by talking about their buisness and their position in the bedroom it disgusts me. I wouldn’t want someone talking about my sexual position in the bedroom . Yesterday was a bad day. What makes this even worse is this talk is someone from the gay community and a woman. It makes me question do she hate men cause I sure don’t I love men.I know this isn’t subject related but I find it disturbing. I had a gf of 6 years in my youth before I preferred male partners. She is still lesbian today I told her about it and it even made her sick. So if men want to talk between eachother about this subject fine but women have no buisness talking about how two men have sex and making fun of them in fun of many followers.If your in a private group it’s one thing but Instagram isn’t private.

Posted: 03 Aug 20, 15:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I’m disappointed that the little thread I thought was not judge mental has turned out to be. At first I think it wasn’t intended to be that way. But it happens when you got to many hens in the hen house and the rooster is always out. The rooster needs to return.

Posted: 03 Aug 20, 15:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I look back at old threads with these same posters and I think they have gotten two big for their pants. I used to think a woman could handle anything a man could but I don’t know about that. This clearly shows me maybe not a guy used to run the other threads and didn’t tolerate any bullshit. A man just handles things differently I guess maybe that’s the way it was meant to be.

Truth Matters
FreddieDearie

Posted: 22 Aug 20, 04:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CHEVYMAN wrote:

Holly, isn’t rabid a perfect word for a sick dog. Well in my mind bigots are just that they are sick and full of hate for something they know nothing about.A dog has no control over becoming rabid but a human has many choices not to do the things they do.Certain groups of society are the sick ones they used to view being gay as a illness. Give me a break society are the ones that need locked up and let the rest of us roll back to the 60s and enjoy ourselves with whom ever we please!!!!!!!!

Didn't you just say in another thread your husband is a homophobe?

Truth Matters
FreddieDearie

Posted: 22 Aug 20, 04:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CHEVYMAN wrote:

That’s kinda my point over all he was an artist and when I look and I haven’t in a great deal of time and see someone shaming someone by talking about their buisness and their position in the bedroom it disgusts me. I wouldn’t want someone talking about my sexual position in the bedroom .

You mean how like Jim Hutton told everyone that Freddie was the one who had “impulsive steamy raunchy” sex in the ass and that he stopped having anal sex when it became too painful?

Or how Phoebe said in a documentary that “[Freddie’s] cock was huge”?

You’re hypocritically selective with your “disgust”.