Forums > Personal > The Passion of Christ

forum rss feed
Author

Freddie-B user not visiting Queenzone.com
Freddie-B
Deity: 2859 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Nov 03, 09:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Don't worry, I'm not going to get all 'God Squad' on you all, blah blah, but this is more about Mel Gibson's film about a carpenter who made it big.

No, not Harrison Ford, fools! Jesus Christ, lord, saviour, hippy (if you believe that kind of thing) and general all round decent fella.

Apparently, Gibson's film is anti-semitic, but I don't know because I haven't seen it, but what does anyone think about the whole idea in general and the film, if they've seen it.

FBxx

Krowa003 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 133 posts

Posted: 16 Nov 03, 13:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think you might be a little wrong Fenderek. Gibson is definitely not a radical. He is a Traditionalist Catholic. He renounces the Second Vatican Council, which instituted many radical changes like secular masses instead of Latin.

I fail to see how the movie might be anti anything. It goes according to the Gospel of John, and since Catholics have been following for thelast two thousand years, I find it hard to believe it's hurtful.

You are right though in the saying that none of us have seen the movie yet, therefore we can't really comment on it that much; whether you think is anti semetic or anything. But I am quite sure that you will all change your mind regarding it once you've seen it.

Moo!
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 03, 16:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"since Catholics have been following for thelast two thousand years, I find it hard to believe it's hurtful."

I beg to differ.

Do you want to make this a religious discussion? Give me one post, and I'll show you why this has been especially harmful, more than anything in the world, ever.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 03, 17:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

go bob go

MY GOD spell it write.
Sir Archie 'Tiffany' Leach user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1331 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 03, 18:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh great another shitty history piece with Mel Gibson.

One thing is for sure it will all be the fault of the English! Somehow the English will kill Jesus!

Nancy Astor : "If I were your wife I would put poison in your coffee".

Winston Churchill : "And if I were your husband I would drink it".
Krowa003 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 133 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 03, 19:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok Guitar hero, lets see what you've got.

Moo!
Virtuoso user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 806 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 03, 20:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEEEEE!

Ok guys,I want a clean fight.No low blows, no rabbit punches, no head butts and no hitting below the belt.

When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power,The World Will Know Peace

Posted: 18 Nov 03, 20:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*TingTingTing*

MexQueenFM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 13266 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 03, 21:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*taking my seat with a hot chick to my side*

Mejor yo me hecho una chela, y chance enchufo una chava, chambeando de chafirete, me sobra chupe y pachanga

Tranzando de arriba a abajo, hay va la chilanga banda , chinchin si me la recuerdan

Posted: 18 Nov 03, 23:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yet,the match is a total waste of money...I can't believe I spend 5 $ for this...oh well.

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 03, 08:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I grew up in Catholic country, in a catholic family, near catholic church... For 20 fucking years... Do you know what this gave me...? "How to hate myself"- that's one thing I've learned; needed three years of serious therapy to change it a lttle bit... Another one was "How to deny myself and claim that therefore I'm almost saint and go to Heaven and blah, blah, blah..."- that's another...
I detest this thing with all my heart; it's lies, hypocrisy and- basically- it's anti-human nature approach...

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 03, 12:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well thanks Fenderek, for giving me a head start! It makes my job that much easier now.

The church has indeed been full of lies and manipulation for centuries. It was created as a means of controlling people, and it is the longest-standing method of controlling in the history of mankind. (People-kind, for those of you who are political activists and keeping track. :)

More people have been killed in the name of God than any other reason, and history has proven it.

World Trade Center
Northern Ireland
Kashmir
Middle East, Isreal in particular
Crusades

This is not rocket science. Ahh, science... something religion has a major problem with, along with logic. The negatives of religion have caused such a problem between different races of people. It has taught conservative Christians to hate Muslims, and conservative Muslims to hate Christians. The more devout the religion, the more they're taught to selfishly believe they're the chosen ones over all others. Therefore they lead simple and pointless lives, not to mention not being educated about other people and their values.

However, there are several things about Religion that I do approve of. It gives some people a certain strength that only their faith can give them. These are the people that keep their religions to themselves, and not preach about them all day long, or try to convert others into their faith, just because they believe their God wants them to. These are the kinds of people who have a smile on their face in even the toughest of times.

I have gone to a United Church for years, and I have become educated a great deal about the problems of religion, and what needs to be done about them. Religion should be a learning experience, and used as a means of realizing that we're all one, and that we need to work together to restore this broken world, as opposed to wanting to kill off a race, just because they don't have the same faith that you do. Life is a learning experience. Life is a gift. Use it.

That's religion.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Margo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 611 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 03, 17:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

II found out about this movie about a month ago. Since then, my family is completely boycotting Mel Gibson and making rude comments about him frequently.

I think that explains our views on the whole 'passion of christ' thing.

BTW- my family isn't "Anti-Catholic", we simply don't like it when people libel our religion.

Like c.elegans except bigger and more tasty.
iron eagle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3793 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 03, 21:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

'Anti-Catholicism is still the last acceptable prejudice'

yea ...ok and I am the pope too... :-))

there are lots more acceptable prejudices then just catholicism...

Mel's father is actually the one that is considered the radical in religious views peeps

i got a way with the boys on my block.. :-)

Posted: 20 Nov 03, 09:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Guitar Hero!!! Couldn't have said it better!!!
Agree 200%!!!

Saffron Caribou user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2326 posts

Posted: 20 Nov 03, 09:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If the Catholic Church has to make a list of apologies for humanity I will bet that it would be a HUGE one.

When you open your heart to a smooth operator...

Posted: 20 Nov 03, 09:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

But they'll never do thet- they think everything is absolutely fine...

Posted: 20 Nov 03, 09:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You are right. However, Pope John Paul 2 has made some apologies on behalf of the Catholic Church I think. I maybe wrong on the name of the Pope. Zeni! Willy! Help me!

Posted: 20 Nov 03, 09:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Karol Wojtyla
:-)
That's his real name...!

Posted: 20 Nov 03, 10:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know his name! lol I just want to know if he was the pope who gave the pardons of Galileo and The Crusades to humanity on behalf of the Catholic Church!