Forums > Personal > Someone please restrain my from strangling Bill O'Reilly

forum rss feed
Author

geeksandgeeks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4296 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Nov 03, 13:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't know why I watch the show of this sickening, dastardly creep, but I happened to see it last night.

You've all heard, I'm sure, about Kami, the HIV + muppet on the South African version of Sesame Street. She's an AIDS orphan, and was introduced on there because SS felt that children in South Africa who were AIDS orphans, or who had it themselves, needed a TV character they could identify with. O'Reilly's big mistake was to flash a really cute clip of an episode with Kami in it.

In the meantime, he is trumpeting about how this is inappropriate and immoral for such a young audience, and that he was worried that Kami could fins her way onto the US version of the show.

I was so pissed off when I heard that that I almost threw something.

What's inappropriate is that these poor kids have to LIVE with this disease, asshole! What's inappropriate is that they lost their parents to this disease! If you're so concerned about immorality, why don't you give a little of your time and/or money to help these children? That's all the Sesame Street people are trying to do.

I will certainly never be gracing that man's program with my eyes again.

God wants you to send me some money.

"Seven spades doubled, vulnerable, making seven? You BITCH."
NoOneButYou1975 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2320 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 03, 13:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

he has his head so far up his arse its not funny...he cant even see the good in people...

I'm caught in between with a fading dream ..........

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/QueenForADay

Posted: 26 Nov 03, 14:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He not only has his head up his own ass, but that of Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, and Roger Ailes. I can't tell you how sorry I feel sometimes for alan colmes, the sole Fox "liberal" (actually, he's very moderate) and co-star of HANNITY & colmes.

But none of the above named are as mean as O'Reilly.

Guy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 803 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 03, 14:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I liked him so far and I haven't watched the program you were talking about...

"You'll never find rainbows if you're looking down."  -Charlie Chaplin
Saffron Caribou user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2326 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 03, 15:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mandy, why don't you email O'Reilly with your rant.

When you open your heart to a smooth operator...
NoOneButYou1975 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2320 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 03, 16:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

eh he wont read it on the air....if he does i'll be suprised

I'm caught in between with a fading dream ..........

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/QueenForADay

Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 03, 16:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you really want to change someone's opinion, you don't resort to calling him an asshole or telling him he's got his head up his ass.

The man is only an asshole because you disagree with him. He has his opinion, which is generally that the US is becoming too secularized, and he argues that scularization is bad. Agree or disagree, stick to the merits of the argument, and not cheap shots. That's a very Al Franken thing to do.

In this case, it appears that O'Reilly is equating AIDS with immorality, which should be the avenue to debate him on. Obviously, the idea that children infected with AIDS through no fault of their own is not immoral, but an epidemic needing remedy.

DJ's the man we love the most

Posted: 26 Nov 03, 16:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zeni, did I EVER say that I wanted to change his opinion? No, I didn't. I am not trying to have a logical debate with a man, especially since I already know he would not grant me that courtesy. Given what he does to other people, I wouldn't be surprised if I got a "get out of my studio before I tear you to f**king pieces", which he has done before.

He is an asshole because he is a thin-skinned bully. I rarely agree with George Will or William Safire, but I respect their opinions because they are intelligent people.

and to Marie - why on earth would I do that? Then I'd have to talk to him. :P

Posted: 26 Nov 03, 16:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Then by all means, Geeks, lower yourself to his level by resorting to name calling. See how far that gets you in life.

Brandon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1803 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 03, 16:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with Zeni. I listen to him every so often at work and while he is very forceful with his beliefs, I have never heard him threatening someone physically. But it's rather pathetic that instead of writing him and stating your opinion you come and slander him on a QZ BB.
And no I'm not sticking up for him, as he annoys me quite often (Is it just me or does he interrupt guests with whom he agrees just to hear himself speak?) but namecalling is not very productive.
Of course what strikes me as funny is how people get so upset about others' opinions. I assume he is entitled to one?
I must say though, Zeni seems to be one of the most levelheaded posters ever on QZ. Of course, there's not much competition...

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 03, 17:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm with Mandy on this one. Besides, "name calling" is one thing that most of us do, and even those who criticize others for calling people names, have done it before. So maybe they should look at the mirror before judging.

Back to Mr. O'Reilly... he might be to the eyes of lots of us, an "asshole". But if you want to hear nicer terms, then lets just call the man... "extremely narrow minded and obnoxious".
The only reason why he's on the air is because he creates too much controversy and sadly that's one thing that brings a lot of ratings.
Here in NY, 102.7 saw their ratings hit the ground after their shock jocks Opie & Anthony got kicked off after broadcasting a couple having sex at St.Patrick's church.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]

Posted: 26 Nov 03, 17:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Besides, "name calling" is one thing that most of us do, and even those who criticize others for calling people names, have done it before. So maybe they should look at the mirror before judging."

Is that your veiled attempt at calling me a hypocrite? Or would you rather just come out and say it? Yes, Danny, I called you Jackass before, and thus resorted to the very name calling I chided Mandy for doing. I apologized for making my feelings known in such a public setting, as I should let others judge your actions for themselves. Since then, I stick to the facts of the debate with you, though even those seem to be beyond you at times.

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 26 Nov 03, 17:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<< Is that your veiled attempt at calling me a hypocrite? >>

Well, if you still think I'm a "jackass", perhaps you are. But if you really meant it when you apologized then you're not.

Since we're not able to read minds, you're the only one who knows.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]

Posted: 26 Nov 03, 17:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Odd thing, Danny, is that I apologized for what I said, but you never did. What does that say about you?

Margo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 611 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 03, 17:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm sure that everyone on this NB (or at least- everyone who has bothered to read this topic) understands that Mandy's point was not to call Bill O'Reilley names, but to instead talk about the fact that he is against the HIV poistive puppet on sesamie street. I am equally certain that in understanding this, all of you who posted about the name calling simply wanted to draw attention to it and not, instead, draw attention away from the real issue in a weak attempt to defend Bill O'Reilley. I know that no one here ment to get into a pointless arguement about name calling, and I suggest, that in that case, we should go back to the original topic.

Furthermore, I would like to express my abosolute disgust that Mr. O'Reilley would say that having this muppet on the show is 'immoral'. Children, should be very aware of this disease, not only to learn about is, but to understand that people who have it aren't bad people, as many are taught to beileve. He really shouldn't be talking about what children should or should not know.

Like c.elegans except bigger and more tasty.
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 26 Nov 03, 18:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<< Odd thing, Danny, is that I apologized for what I said, but you never did. What does that say about you? >>

Hmmm... That I'm still a 'Jackass' to you? LOL

Posted: 26 Nov 03, 18:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks, Danny, for being the adult here.

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 26 Nov 03, 18:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You're welcome, Zeni.

Cheeri-o

Margo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 611 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 03, 18:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

no one notices me do they?

*sighs*

Like c.elegans except bigger and more tasty.
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 26 Nov 03, 18:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Margot, sorry we didn't notice you?

Btw... how come you didn't post for quite a while?