Forums > Personal > Metallica

forum rss feed
Author

Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Nov 03, 04:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I noticed that there was a little 'side topic' going on regarding Metallica in the 'Top 5 worst bands' thread.

Here's my opinion. I totally agree that theyve lost thier edge, I blame Bob Rock, they aint been the same since the Black album. Load was bearable, Reload was shite and St Anger is only good for the title track. The first time I saw Metallica was at the Freddie Tribute, I was 14 and sat there thinking 'What a load of Shite!' but over the years Ive come to love them. Whats happened to the 7 minute epics?? Thats what they were all about...Seek and Destroy, No Remorse, One, Fade To Black, ect...mind blowing guitar riffs, and solos, its not there anymore :( I totally agree that studio wise, theyve lost the plot, but as for their live work, theres nobody better at the moment..they absolutely kick ass and youve only got to look at all of the current bands that worship them and try to mimick them! Long Live Metallica...and their first 5 albums!

Chom own mudder fukker.
Plengel user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2119 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 03, 07:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm going to see them in 8 days at the Gelredome in Arnheim, The Netherlands. I'll tell you how it was, but I'm sure it will rock!

You've never seen nothing like it, no never in your life. Like going up to heaven and then coming back alive.

http://plengelqueentrader.tripod.com
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 03, 10:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great... now blame Bob Rock for everything.

Plengel, you will enjoy the show. Metallica won't play more than 3 or 4 songs from the albums from 'Load' to 'St Anger'.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Spisso user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 916 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 03, 10:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't like them at all, sorry...

"Teo Torriatte Konomama Iko

Aisurhito Io

Shizukana Yoi Ni

Hikario Tomoshi

Itoshiki Oshieo Idaki"
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 03, 10:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOVE THEM!!!
For me No 2 , just slightly after Queen

Pasazer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 328 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 03, 11:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.queenzone.com/queen/forum/topic_view.asp?Q_FORUM_ID=3&Q_FORUM_NAME=Personal&Q_FORUM_TOPIC_ID=257763&TOPIC_SUBJECT=METALLICA

To know my opinion read Fenderek's post :D

Banquo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Banquo
Deity: 2636 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 03, 11:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have the Black album naturally, everyone does but having borrowed their back catalogue I must admit its pretty dire, but I'm not a metal fan.

Guess who's back?
willem-jan 8923 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 818 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 03, 16:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love Metallica.
I like their new album better then the Load/Reload thingies. Although the production is crappy,the songs are pretty okay. Listening to the DVD that goes with the album gives me a better feeling about the songs. Also, they still kick major ass on stage. Seen them last summer, and 80% was pre black album. I can't listen to Sad but true and Sandman anymore. That really was some overkill during the last 10 years :(