Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > queen rules

forum rss feed
Author

joep the rocker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 425 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Nov 03, 19:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry for stating the obvious, but i am really excited about the 46664-gig.
I thought R&B (especially Brian) played a great set. Musically really good. I loved 'i want it all' wich was actually quite heavy (unlike the tribute-version). I thought Zucherro did a great job (in contrast with his earlier attempts at the queen-catalogue). The medley was great and even i want to break free was great: Unless some of you i think the singer was allright!!! To my own surprise i even liked the new songs.
My love for queen lately had been reduced to posting on this board and i was kinda disappointed with their performances as queen in the last years but now the flame is there again.
I had quite a few drinks during the show so i'll ended up being totally pissed at WATC singing along and clapping. I gave them a standing ovation on my own at the end (i wonder what my neighbours must have thought).
So queen rocks again. YEAY!

wonderboy, what is the secret of your power?

Mr. Teatime user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 114 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Nov 03, 20:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The set was the best they've ever played post-freddie, IMO, but apparantly Brian is feeling depressed about it (on his soapbox). I emailed him just now to say basically what I've said here, I thought they sounded fantastic.