Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Brian is FURIOUS!

forum rss feed
Author

Saffron Caribou user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2326 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Dec 03, 23:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So tsk tsk to you parasites! ;) :P
http://www.brianmay.com/whatsnew.html

Edited the message because it wasn't asked with permission. I don't want to cause trouble. If the webmaster reads this, I apologise.

When you open your heart to a smooth operator...
GonnaUseMyPrisoners user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 714 posts

Posted: 05 Dec 03, 00:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Way to tell it like it is, Bri'! Good on ye!

...gonna use my prisoners, gonna give 'em the business...
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 05 Dec 03, 00:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow! He's pissed! LOL!

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
MexQueenFM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 13266 posts

Posted: 05 Dec 03, 00:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

oh man, he's pissed

Mejor yo me hecho una chela, y chance enchufo una chava, chambeando de chafirete, me sobra chupe y pachanga

Tranzando de arriba a abajo, hay va la chilanga banda , chinchin si me la recuerdan
Rien user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2204 posts

Posted: 05 Dec 03, 01:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

--edited--

Feel free to visit my site - http://www.mercuryparadise.com

(Come into my life, it's a MercuryParadise)
pma user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3462 posts

Posted: 05 Dec 03, 01:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh my gaaawd, I agree with Brian.
Shame on all you so-called fans
who share mp3's of the 46664 concert and videoclips too..and shitty quality streaming rips of the project songs. tsk tsk tsk :-S

You are the enemies...gasp

"I think now I can make love to your anus without making God angry"

Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4282 posts

Posted: 05 Dec 03, 01:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe we should all buy a ticket to the damn musical to satisfy Brian....

Last year he was pro-bootleg, when he said the bootleg version of With A Little Help... from Party @ Palace was better then the one on the official cd. I believe Brian collects bootlegs. And now he's calling us, the most loyal fans, parasites? I always thought of Brian as one of the kindest people in the music-business.... but it seems I was wrong....

goinback user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 997 posts

Posted: 05 Dec 03, 02:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Do you all think he is talking about video clips? I made an mpeg of the live Anastacia WWRY/WATC performance for people who missed it on the hub, but maybe I'll remove it if he's mad about video clips.

I would NEVER trade the mp3s because they are already for sale (for only .99) on the 46664 site, and there is no excuse for trading those IMHO. I thought video clips were probably okay though because they can't actually be bought. It was my understanding that the rights to the TV broadcast were even given away for free just so it could reach as many people as possible.

"I have no time for Time magazine. Or Rolling Stone." Jethro Tull
QueenSite user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1191 posts

Posted: 05 Dec 03, 02:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

he's definitely surfing queenzone, and there were a couple of topics about free mp3s/videos. We'll all buy the dvd anyway, that's clear

http://utenti.lycos.it/queensite02

Please visit my site devoted to Queen! Lots of rare pix and memorabilia featured!
RMT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 621 posts

Posted: 05 Dec 03, 02:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe some people have hosted the studio versions of the songs? Although I downloaded the few Queen songs from the show I will be buying the DVD and the 46664 studio album when they surface. I think that is probably the case for 80% on here. As someone pointed out, the TV rights were given away for free. It might not be strictly ethical, but unfortunately I think it is legal in this case. However, I can totally see what Brian is saying and I respect him for saying something. To call his own fans 'parasites' is a bit far though and I think he might have well shot himeself in the foot with this one...

"Tangerine wishes, rainbows that colour the love parade"
The Man On The Prowl user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1525 posts

Posted: 05 Dec 03, 03:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I admit I did not make the call.
But I'll buy the dvd.

S@turn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 05 Dec 03, 03:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hmm hmm hmm, Brian furious

What did he expect, a live broadcast through the internet and no one taping the things or so?

Of course it is illegal and we all should wait til the dvd is released, but I cannot blame some people who download more then say shame on you

But.... there might be some who SELL the stuff soon, from the downloads.. and when brian means that, then I agree..
Ah... come on... if a medium is so open to copy the things, then it is nothing then normal that such things happen

Wake up Brian, this is 2003!

Another fantastic posting of a wonderful person!

=================

all we need is internet-blog-blog, internet bla-bla

http://saturn.queenzone.com/

===

Let's make ourself better then we were befo
ogre t raylot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 994 posts

Posted: 05 Dec 03, 03:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I find Brian's rants increasingly embarrasing, While I don't condone anyone from profitiring from other people's work as previously said If it's broadcast on TV these days, it's usually on the net hours later - It's the nature of the beast these days.

I'll never make The Call if it means I own the current crop of recordings - they are shite. But I'll gladly donate money to the charity for them NOT to send me the CD, DvD, T-Shirt etc.

for those people feeling in a charitable mood.

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/50th_anniversary/50th_news/wish.html

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 05 Dec 03, 03:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dear Brian May, thanks for enlightening us: now we know what is responsible for children dying of AIDS: it's not poverty, ignorance or the unjust world economy, no - it's some deranged so called fans sharing music that only one TV station in the whole world was willing to broadcast for free. They are the enemies. They sure cannot be any better than smokers or tabloid journalists and as regular readers of the soap box already know: no degrading word can be strong enough for them.
But even more: they are parasites and we all know what to do with parasites, don't we? They have no right to live, they should be extinguished. Too bad that they are also the people who buy your records by the millions making it possible for you and other good doers to travel the world first class to the next charity venue and they are also the people who buy the concert tickets, posters, CDs , DVDs etc from these charity events. Maybe you should have thought about the many people who donate bigger percentages of their income anonymously before hitting out against your own fan base which will sure not grow through this

I do not want any google ads here.

Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4282 posts

Posted: 05 Dec 03, 04:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

* Applauds for YV - excellent post!

Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 05 Dec 03, 04:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would like to point out that two weeks ago (or so) I DID try to download Amandla and donate money with my Mastercard. Amandla was in some shitty audio format that I wasn't even after upgrading of my software able to play and donating failed too because I ended on a "page not found" site. So yes, I admit I downloaded the MP3. Am I guilty now?

QueenSite user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1191 posts

Posted: 05 Dec 03, 04:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

amandla was hard to download indeed, the system kept on refusing my card, while I use it everyday for net shopping

http://utenti.lycos.it/queensite02

Please visit my site devoted to Queen! Lots of rare pix and memorabilia featured!
Nightjar_ user not visiting Queenzone.com
Nightjar_
Bohemian: 198 posts

Posted: 05 Dec 03, 05:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"They are jeopardising the future 46664 DVD, sucking the blood not from us, but from Nelson Mandela, from the Foundation, and from the dying children we are all trying to save. Just for their own ends. I take a VERY dim view, and in fact let me say it a bit more clearly:
You people, giving away the work of hundreds of hard working people, are parasites, and as such you are our enemies until you change your behaviour".

Guilty as charged I have download all the Queen parts. Why have I done this? because I sat all Saturday watching a frame by frame blocky 1" screen, as there was no broadcast in my area (not much fun at all). Why can't 46664.com offer high quality visual for a fee/ donation. Bye the way I will be buying the DVD, CD, poster, T-Shirt, etc... Am I/ we still parasites. Come on Brian chill, have you never downloaded anything for free.
Respect... The Enemy!!

I was born on the 22nd floor of a bird cage
S@turn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 05 Dec 03, 05:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

second thought, I think that Brian will appologize, sooner or later, in his soup box

Another fantastic posting of a wonderful person!

=================

all we need is internet-blog-blog, internet bla-bla

http://saturn.queenzone.com/

===

Let's make ourself better then we were befo
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 05 Dec 03, 05:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Last year he was pro-bootleg, when he said the bootleg version of With A Little Help... "

but the profits of that dvd didn't go to an aids charity.
This is something completly different, folks!

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)