Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > I F***ING hate Bono

forum rss feed
Author

Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Dec 03, 06:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why?? Why?? Why?? does this bastard get as much publicity as he does. the bloke is a twat. Thrives on publicity. How much did he pay channel 4 to broadcast '46664 - the Bono Show' ??
He's the PARASITE. A 2 faced bastard. "lets wipe out world debt" he he cries..why dont you do it Bono?? If youre that concerned, put the money you payed on youre New York apartment ($13,000,000) and pay it yourself - twat! Im sat here watching the 46664 concert edit and hes been on every part. God I hate him.

Chom own mudder fukker.
ogre t raylot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 994 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 03, 07:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He gets the publicity because he's the frontman of one of the biggest bands of the 80's, 90's & 00's. He also doesn't mind making a tw@ of himself for a cause. Although he does have a reputation of aligning himself with the cause of the month.

When you've been fortunate enough to make it big and make shed loads of money, a lot of people do feel the need to 'give something back'. As for Pop/Rock stars and their Charity concerts - it is mostly about good PR, as the money raised at these gigs is about as useful as putting a sticking plaster severed artery.

An egotistical pop star? Bono's is not unique in that regard is he. I wouldn't just limit your barbed remarks to Mr Vox.

Azmandaman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 333 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 03, 07:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bono playa iz a bland vibe his voice sounds like a cry of hope and what makes it work is because his lyrics are mostly going out to those crying for hope! bloody personal anthem that dont tickal a universal fancee but can sell out lots of irish vibes, cos they see him as a poet lol!
nuff respect goes out to Bono, but yes no one can convince me of his greatness coldplay is da new bono, more songs of hope leadsinger putting the laid back crying voice.

wrie here is a best time to say Freddie mercury is da undisputed champoin of raw roar of a voice and lyrical genius! plus mega goofd and self instrumentating piano!
Rock on Mercury!!!!

too much sweetness is starting to turn

on all of us

Jab and Tranquilize the sour vibe.

so the taste of the bitter pills be our discipline once again

(Shaggy)

Sonja user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 931 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 03, 07:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like Bono and I think he's done quite a lot for charity.
Of course he gets attention. He's an important person in the music business and not just that.
IMO there's nothing wrong about Bono.

"This world may be another planet's hell."

- Aldous Huxley
Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 03, 08:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bono is IMO an arrogant bastard but he's doing a lot of charity work and U2 has been one of the most important bands in the past 20 years, we shouldn't forget about that.

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 03, 08:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I doubt U2 was still the biggest band in the world during the 90s.

That's a title I'd rather give to Guns N' Roses, Metallica, Nirvana, Aerosmith, or Red Hot Chili Peppers.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
agneepath9 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 128 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 03, 08:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hmmm... if U2 werent Irish would they be as widely recognised as they are today?

Stephan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 188 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 03, 08:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bono is a fucking idiot. He acts like a messiah but he isn't.

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 03, 08:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

IMO U2 was one of the biggest bands in the first half of the 90s (Achtung Baby album...)
Still- he is an arrogant tw@....!!!
I used to like him, but I got better now

Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 03, 08:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow, I thought id get terrorised in this post, Im glad someone agrees with me!

Chom own mudder fukker.
Whisperer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1312 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 03, 09:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bono is annoying piece of sh*t! His music is absolutely terrible. I don't understand how anyone can like that crap.

Not those are losers who fall, but those who don't stand up.
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 03, 09:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't understand how can someone say that 'Pop' and 'Zooropa' were good albums.
What pisses me off the most is that those 2 albums are worse than 'Hot Space', and they were still widely praised by critics and they even got a fuckin' Grammy for Zooropa.

When it comes to 'All That You Can't Leave Behind' I have to be completely honest and say that was the best album of 2001.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
ale78 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 46 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 03, 09:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As much as I'm a little sick of all his political work, I still have a lot of respect and admiration for Bono as a singer, lyricist and person. He's always been involved in many good causes, especially against AIDS and debt cancellation.

As a big fan of U2's music I have to disagree as regards Pop and Zooropa. They are indeed great albums, there are really amazing songs in both of them (for example Please, Wake Up Dead Man, Gone from Pop and Zooropa, The First Time and most of all Stay from Zooropa), they are different albums, the kind of albums that grow on you the more you listen to them. Whereas All That You Can't Leave Behind, despite being a good album, is sort of too much pop-oriented IMO.

I don't think Bono deserves all these insults...

Guy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 803 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 03, 10:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Do you people even like other musicians other than Queen? U2 may not be the greatest band to exist but it's certainly a very important one, especially in the last 20 years.

Besides, his personality has nothing to do with his music. Freddie was arrogant at times as well, as I'm sure you've all heard stories. Did it affect his music\contribution to the music world? I don't think so. Ofcourse there are stories of him donating money, but Bono donates money too.

My point is, you can't deny his musical contribution.

"You'll never find rainbows if you're looking down."  -Charlie Chaplin
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 03, 10:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have to admit that I find it very strange that none of the stuff Bono was involved with on the 46664 concert was cut out. While every other artist recieved huge cuts in their edits. Hmm...

Peace,
Adam.

Mr Coolest Cat user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr Coolest Cat
Bohemian: 908 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 03, 10:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm sure we all go to concerts to see our favourite musicians sing and play live, so why do some of them insist on talking politics for 20mins boring our arses off, Bono does this a lot and always has, perhaps one day somebody might even listen to him, but i'll not hold my breath.

There must be more to life than this.
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 03, 10:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

IMHO "All That You Can Leave Behind" is the worst album than U2 has ever comitted...

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 03, 10:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i like his music and he's funny, but he wants to be this saintlike figure in rock and that kinda annoyes me, especially the last 5 years. But i like U2 and i remember some newsarticle from a month ago or so, Edge saying he didn't like Bono's attitude towards the band, bein busy with the Drop The Depth campagne and other political stuff and not havin time to stick time in U2's new album, which is planned for March 2004. It's gonna be much more on the harder rock genre, cuz of The Edge's rage =), somethin we haven't heard from U2 for the last 10 years or so(maybe longer) The Edge is pissed heheehe, he's got a point. How are the relations between Queen and U2??? i know Roger is a U2fan...but is there a mutual respect between the two bands?

Killed by drones.
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 03, 11:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You can argue about the music of U2, it's a matter of taste but a band is not that successful over decades for nothing.

As far as Bono is concerned, I don't understand the outburst of hatred and the name calling in this thread. He has done a lot to make this world a better place and I don't see why this makes him a "piece of shit" or a "fucking idiot". He did not just sign a couple of cheques or play a couple of charity gigs (like loads of other stars), he dedicated a lot of effort and energy to the Jubilee 2000 campaign to reduce the third world debts which included endless sessions, travelling and discussions with hard headed politicians. He also let Salman Rushdie live in his own house for years when the author had been condemned to death by the Iranian ayatollahs and Bono risked his own life helping him. I wonder what you people did in your lives that you feel entitled to condemn a person who did nothing but his best to help the poorest and most needy people in this world. Of course he cannot save the planet but as far as I know he never claimed he would.

I do not want any google ads here.

ale78 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 46 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 03, 11:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks You YourValentine!! I couldn't have said it better myself!!

I totally agree...