Forums > Personal > art is everywhere!

forum rss feed
Author

*the Time Guardian* user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3379 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Jan 04, 09:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

¡Have you seen that before? I think it's amazing !!!!!
http://www.livejournal.com/users/bouncechrissy/155638.html?page=1

TIMELESS
Flashman user not visiting Queenzone.com
Flashman
Deity: 4523 posts

Posted: 15 Jan 04, 09:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was expecting that to be shit, but some of those are absolutely capital.

FLASHMAN STRIKES AGAIN!

Paul Rodgers is not the best thing since fried Fred.
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 15 Jan 04, 10:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WOW... think of all the so called "artists" who sell shit for thousands of dollars, while people like this guy are TRUE, but sadly starving artists.

Kudos for him. Awesome stuff.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 15 Jan 04, 11:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The world is full of neat stuff that has absolutely no connection to art. This is neat to look at, but is not art. I imagine his actual income is in line with his true earning potential. Drawing chalk drawings of oversized dead flies is far from being considered "art."

DJ's the man we love the most

Posted: 15 Jan 04, 11:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is to me cause it looks so real. Try to do something like that as well. Can you manage that?

Ps! Zeni - say what is art to you? To me it's all the beautiful things that people have made with their hands

TIMELESS
~Silje~ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 978 posts

Posted: 15 Jan 04, 11:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That is indeed artistic talent, Zeni. I, too, would like to have your defination of art.

If God intended us to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport.
Hitman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2217 posts

Posted: 15 Jan 04, 11:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Uh...i like those pictures!for me is more "trompe l'oeil" than art, but it's good!

Anything too stupid to be said... is sung.

Posted: 15 Jan 04, 11:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I do not deny that the man has talent to draw things (nor do I claim that I can do the same), but that is not "art."

How do his drawings change the medium? What is his greater or deeper meaning, or is he commenting on society in some way? Is he trying to alter our collective perceptions or influence our thoughts? Art generally addresses these types of questions.

Take for instance his picture of the girl in the swimming pool. How is this considered "art"? It may be pretty and life-like, but where does it become "art"?

If these pictures had been drawn on a velvet canvas, most people here would dismiss them. Just because they are pretty does not mean they are "art."

Posted: 15 Jan 04, 12:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hm. maybe it's true in some point

But then again - there are many kinds of point of views ;)

TIMELESS
MexQueenFM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 13266 posts

Posted: 15 Jan 04, 12:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

nice drawings :)

Mejor yo me hecho una chela, y chance enchufo una chava, chambeando de chafirete, me sobra chupe y pachanga

Tranzando de arriba a abajo, hay va la chilanga banda , chinchin si me la recuerdan
Flashman

Posted: 15 Jan 04, 12:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"If these pictures had been drawn on a velvet canvas, most people here would dismiss them. Just because they are pretty does not mean they are "art.""

Zeni, it is because they are NOT on canvas that gives them appeal and also half breaks the 'medium' you're on about. Whether they are art or not depends on the person contemplating them. I wouldn't have them at the Towers, but they are very skilfully done.

You should see the annual Turner Prize for art. One year, I visited the exhibits after a particularly boozy night. I took one look at 'Unmade Bed' and promptly threw up.

My vomit took third place.

FLASHMAN STRIKES AGAIN!

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 15 Jan 04, 14:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Once again people, Zeni is back here to bring us new definition to a word of common significance.

Today's word is... "art".

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Mayboy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6181 posts

Posted: 15 Jan 04, 15:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WOW pretty good :D

"I'm going up Buchanan Street

With a box of fireworks

And two bottles of

Tizer"

Posted: 15 Jan 04, 17:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"it is because they are NOT on canvas that gives them appeal and also half breaks the 'medium' you're on about."

That's what gives them appeal, I agree. But "art" it does not make them. What do they offer besides 3-D images on the sidewalk? Where is the beauty in form? The social commentary? The explosion in technique?

And glad to see Aldanny/Jingles is able to rationally discuss things once again. Apparently "reason" and "intelligence" are words I'll need to define for him later; I guess cheap shots are par for the course with him. It is becoming more and more evident that you have no desire to discuss things in a sane manner. Unlike others, who took umbrage with my opinion and chose to discuss the matter intelligently, you simply made fun of me. You truly are a small person, Danny. I would love to have a 4 page "discussion" with you over your inner-jackassness, but I have little desire to communicate with the irrational.

Flashman

Posted: 15 Jan 04, 17:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Art, by it's very essence, cannot be defined - for me it's soul lies mainly with imagination.
It is in the eye of the beholder. Or to put it another way - One man's masterpiece is another man's 'turd on a stick'.

FLASHMAN STRIKES AGAIN!

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 15 Jan 04, 18:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well Zeni, perhaps you should look at yourself in the mirror before throwing cheap shots. Besides, I never called you any names on my previous post, and here you are once again calling me a 'small man' and a 'jackass'.

Well, your last post really prooved that you're the right person to define "reason" and "intelligence", so let it be it.

Posted: 15 Jan 04, 18:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey hey hey! Please calm down 2 of you!:(

TIMELESS
Virtuoso user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 806 posts

Posted: 15 Jan 04, 19:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What is Art,right?

Art is any human creation which contains an idea other than it's utilitarian purpose.Beauty doesn't imply itself as a 'value' for Art,but the meaning of what people consider 'beauty' to be from their own eyes,with of course containing an 'idea' behind it from the author of the creation.So "meaning" is to be the consideration of "Art".The purpose of Art lies purely in its ability to portray a concept.

Sooo...Zeni's probably right after all.

When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power,The World Will Know Peace
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 15 Jan 04, 19:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ooh! Neat-o! *thows art supplies away in a jealous rage*

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel

Posted: 15 Jan 04, 19:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Art, by it's very essence, cannot be defined"

"Art" can be defined quite easily. After all, it can be studied and written about, so why can't it be defined? What causes debate is whether or not something matches that definition.

In an earlier post, I gave a definition of what "art" is and what it should do. To me, this does not match that definition very well.