Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Britney Spears

forum rss feed
Author

goinback user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 997 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 04, 18:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's strange to think that, with the new Pepsi ad, there is a possibility Britney or the others may actually be listening to something like Queen II. :) I just can't picture any of them actually listening to something like that hehe.

(Or at least News Of The World.)

"I have no time for Time magazine. Or Rolling Stone." Jethro Tull
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 04, 18:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know Pink is a Queen fan, so i guess she already heard Queen II

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
Flashman user not visiting Queenzone.com
Flashman
Deity: 4523 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 04, 18:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

On the contrary, I can picture Britney doing all sorts of wonderful and interesting things...

FLASHMAN STRIKES AGAIN!

Paul Rodgers is not the best thing since fried Fred.
QueenSite user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1191 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 04, 18:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

many people define themselves as Queen fans and they just know about the Platinum collection...

http://utenti.lycos.it/queensite02

Please visit my site devoted to Queen! Lots of rare pix and memorabilia featured!
Whatinthewhatthe? user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2210 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 04, 18:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Britney grew up on Madonna, obviously! I think Beyonce would probably have the musical diversity to listen to Queen. Pink, maybe -- but watch out Anita -- she may try to steal Brian away from you!! :-)

Saffron Caribou user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2326 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 04, 18:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You know what Anita should be FUMING lol

Once a cheater always a cheater :P

When you open your heart to a smooth operator...
MexQueenFM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 13266 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 04, 19:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"On the contrary, I can picture Britney doing all sorts of wonderful and interesting things..."

hmm *picturing Britney* , she does have the flexibility...

Mejor yo me hecho una chela, y chance enchufo una chava, chambeando de chafirete, me sobra chupe y pachanga

Tranzando de arriba a abajo, hay va la chilanga banda , chinchin si me la recuerdan
Whatinthewhatthe? user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2210 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 04, 21:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe she'll marry Justin Trousersnake next time? And then take a turn with Brian or Roger...
Yes, she steals hearts, stomps on them and runs away...

Brandon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1803 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 04, 22:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What makes you think Beyonce is any different from Pink or especially Britney? Beyonce is just another clone. End of story.

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 25 Jan 04, 23:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What I'm more worried about is where this is going. Do you all realise that you started a thread called Britney, because you felt compelled to spread your hate?

I find this to be strange behaviour. We all have preference to who we like or don't like, and those that get involved with Brian and Roger's music. But it's THEIR life/job and that should be respected. And respect to those who get involved.

This is most disturbing...

Peace,
Adam.

Posted: 25 Jan 04, 23:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"What I'm more worried about is where this is going. Do you all realise that you started a thread called Britney, because you felt compelled to spread your hate?"
--Hate? I think it's called an opinion. A bit thin-skinned, aren't we?

I find this to be strange behaviour. We all have preference to who we like or don't like, and those that get involved with Brian and Roger's music. But it's THEIR life/job and that should be respected. And respect to those who get involved.
--If noone ever expressed their opinions, this place wouldn't be much fun would it? Kinda silly if you ask me. Whatever Brian/ Roger do is open to acclaim AND criticism. I can't wait for the ad, however, I understand the complaints that go along with moving more commercial. But whatever. To me, it sounds like you're trying censor critical posts.
And on top of that, I see nothing "hateful" in the opeing post, he simply said he couldn't imagine Britney listening to Queen. I can't imagine my great grandmother listening to Queen either, but that doen't mean I hate her.

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 04, 00:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well said, Brandon.

Adam Baboolal

Posted: 26 Jan 04, 11:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I knew I should've done a bigger post. I'm not against having an opinion. That's just dumb. I'm just fed up hearing about, Brian's this and Roger's that. A lot of the real threads here are now in danger of being overrun by posts of dislike for Queen and their decisions. Oh sorry, Brian and Roger.

It's all doom and gloom here. And then came the "we hate Britney" clan. Hey, so did I for a while. But then I realised that it's wrong to not like someone because of what they do in their professional life. Usually because it's not them. It's their job.

The only reason I said "hate" was due to the posts people had been making on this board recently. Some in this one, too:

"Maybe she'll marry Justin Trousersnake next time? And then take a turn with Brian or Roger...
Yes, she steals hearts, stomps on them and runs away..."

Look at the "Corporate whores!!!" thread. That thread is unbelievably neagative.

The "Remember the Queen Pepsi Ad?" thread. Again, more of the same.

There's just this huge negative vibe! I just find it boring and to be honest, petty. We may or may not like it. But does it really anger you -that- much?

Peace,
Adam.

Posted: 26 Jan 04, 12:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't get angry. Life's too funny to be run around whining like a baby.
And I'm not sure if English is your first language or not, but "hate" is often used not to express feelings of ill-will, disdain, or actual hatred but also to express annoyance (IE - I hate the store - the lines are always so long.")
You can check out my post in the "Corporate Whores" thread, that's another goofy thread.
But you never answered my question - if no-one expressed altenative opinions, why bother coming to QZ anymore anyway? We can only talk about how wonderful "Ogre Battle" is so many times!

Adam Baboolal

Posted: 26 Jan 04, 14:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Actually I did answer your question - "I'm not against having an opinion. That's just dumb."

But you must admit, why is everyone so annoyed? Did people get annoyed when Brian did the Driven by You ad? No. Gee, I wonder why.

Peace,
Adam.

Posted: 26 Jan 04, 14:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I never said you were against having opinions, only when people express them do you seem to take offense. I agree with you on your position, just not trying to make everyone get along.

7Innuendo7 user not visiting Queenzone.com
7Innuendo7
Bohemian: 816 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 04, 15:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When a red hot man meets a white hot lady, Hoop Diddy Diddy, Hoop Diddy Doo!
7Innuendo7 user not visiting Queenzone.com
7Innuendo7
Bohemian: 816 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 04, 15:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Perfect example of the state of things...

94.3 in Fairmont WV plays WWRY/WATC, dj comes on and rants for five minutes about "selling out and making a buck..."

How embarrassing. Not only is it difficult to get a radio station in my area to play Queen, and when they do, the reaction is that the boys have sold out to Britney and the Pepsi colossus.

Well, I agree. The Foo Fighters gig in NYC for the RnR Hall of Fame was real -- But Britney? Pinq? Beyonce? That kind of pop music is TRULY disposable.

Have Brian and Roger turned to leather and hanging out in bars in Munich? Do they write songs on a synthesizer now?

Once again, John Deacon is a GENIUS!!!

When a red hot man meets a white hot lady, Hoop Diddy Diddy, Hoop Diddy Doo!
Banquo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Banquo
Deity: 2636 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 04, 15:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'll pass judgement when I have actually heard it. Which should be the basis for any judgement.

Guess who's back?
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 04, 15:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<>

Because it was a decent rock number...? In a decent version... Not a cheesy re-recording... Just maybe...