Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Corporate whores!!!

forum rss feed
Author

KEVPAR user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 701 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Jan 04, 04:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Argh! this makes me so fucking angry! how dare you Brian and Roger!? im sooo fucking disappointed in you both...what has happened to your dignity? WHY ARE YOU MAKING AN ADVERT!? you are rock stars, you're not sales men....now sadly you're just more shills at the capitalist gang bang...every word you now say is suspect, every word you say is like a turd falling into my drink.....its a fucking disgrace...you do a commercial, you're off the artistic roll call...forever...I dont care if you shit mona Lisa's out of ur ass as a party trick ur a fucking evil piece of shit...I'm so disappointed in you both....PEPSI for fuck sake!!! ITS NOT LIKE YOU NEED THE MONEY! DOES NO ONES SEE THIS IS EVIL!??

http://www.sacredcow.com/media/source/store_items/rant/orange_drink.mp3

Kev x

"It's just a ride" - Bill Hicks
ogre t raylot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 994 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 04, 04:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not ONLY an advery for Pepsi, but a subliminal advert for the musical.

killing two birds with one stone.

Lawyeris user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 9082 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 04, 05:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Not ONLY an advery for Pepsi, but a subliminal advert for the musical."

Right! Especially when they are going to open WWRY in states.

Lithuania
sully5059 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 682 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 04, 05:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

KEVPAR's anger makes baby Jesus cry :(

ogre t raylot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 994 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 04, 05:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Right! Especially when they are going to open WWRY in states."

Still doesn't alter Kevpars argument. They didn't become corporate whores by advertising with Pepsi - they became corporate whores the minute they signed to Trident/EMI.

The only difference being, when they signed to Trident they had a product I was interested in and worthy of buying.

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 04, 05:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Does this mean that we're all stopping the Ford boycott and boycotting pepsi now?

How dare....

Brian advertise a car! They clog up the air with pollutants!

Queen allow IWTBF to be used to sell petrol! It's so expensive/inefficient/unevironmental!

etc etc etc

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 04, 06:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There was a time when Queen fans considered themselves lucky when they were extras in Queen videos, now Queen members play extras in a commercial starring other artists, that's quite a career. I would have thought they are too proud for that but it's not my choice or my reputation, so I won't lose any sleep.

Money was always important for the band, that's nothing new, only the methods have changed. You can read "As It Began" as a long list of complaints about the ever increasing variety of releases forcing the collecting fans to buy up to six various packages of the same song. Freddie was always very open about money being a driving force for the band (much to the dismay of the other members) but he made it sound funny so the fans took no offense. Except for the Sun City affair, the band never really lost much support by their fans although they were criticised a lot by the British press. As long as people buy the records, why kill the goose that lays the golden eggs (two Freddie quotes in one sentence.)

I do not want any google ads here.

Spiderleg Synthia user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1190 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 04, 07:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Click here to sign up for CEQF http://www.queenzone.com/queen/forum/topic_view.asp?Q_FORUM_ID=1&Q_FORUM_NAME=Queen&Q_FORUM_TOPIC_ID=309174&TOPIC_SUBJECT=Pissed+off+Queen+fans+get+their+arses+out

Punch and pie supplies are running low, so sign up now...

*Mwah*
QueenSite user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1191 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 04, 07:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen re-release WWRY (normal, live, remixed or covered) on cd single at least twice a year since 1992 and it's always a hit. This is just an example, commercially they are right, from an artists'point of view, well...

http://utenti.lycos.it/queensite02

Please visit my site devoted to Queen! Lots of rare pix and memorabilia featured!
Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2393 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 04, 08:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I say, get a get a f****** grip! Queen are a rock band not a bunch of hippies, you can't get much more 'corporate'than Queen, did you ever go to a show? record labels don't spend that much without getting it back and Queen were one of the biggest.

It's always about money that's what makes it possible to make albums, do tours and make videos, and Queen has always been about world domination of thier chosen field.

All this bitching about selling out to Pepsi is rediculas, it's rock for god sake that's what happens, if you want pure non adulterated entertainment go down to your local folk club.

Rock is about selling out selling big and making money, all the seventies bands understood that and went after it with both hands wide open.

And Queen did it better than most, now the best thing about all this is the fact that it will expose the music to an even young bunch of people and might get some more kids into Queen.

Apart from that, live with it it's an advert for gods sake!

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 04, 08:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's always the same: we discuss something and someone feels the need to tell us to get over it, get a life and how good it is that new fans are recruited through a Pepsi commercial.

I do not think that Rock music is only about money, I really think that art and creativity are a part of it. And anger and emotions. Whenever you hear Brian May talk about Queen he speaks about the genuineness,originality and emotional component of his music, - at least he did before he focussed on marketing issues and redefined the term "artistic". Of course, marketing is important and of course artists want to be the best paid but there is a difference between promoting an album, tour, video and producing a million dollar soft drink commercial and force it on the unsuspecting audience of the musical.

I do not want any google ads here.

Togg

Posted: 26 Jan 04, 09:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You seriously think after a kid gets handed his first royalty cheque for the single he wrote it stays being about art!

Look it's a business like it or not and like any normal person the more you get paid the more you want, you don't think Brian and Roger treat it as anything other than a business do you?

Sure they get to do a great job instead of standing on a factory floor, but it's still a job that involves huge corporate machines to make happen.

So what it's a bloody advert, nobody is bombing Japan, nobody is selling drugs, it's an advert for a soft drink, Rock stars like hearing their stuff out there in whatever form, and yes it will maybe attract people to the musical, but guess what thats what they want because it make them money!!!

As Roger would say "we thank you from the bottom of our Aston Martins!!"

Folks, the music business is just that a business, just be glad there are folks in it as talented as Queen so we don't have to listen to total crap all the time, and if it makes you happy don't drink Pepsi, but for gods sake wake up

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
Hank H. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 738 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 04, 11:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Folks, the music business is just that a business, just be glad there are folks in it as talented as Queen so we don't have to listen to total crap all the time, and if it makes you happy don't drink Pepsi, but for gods sake wake up"

Togg, I don't see any of Queen's talent anywhere in what they did in the last nine years, but I do have the feeling they want to persuade me to listen to what they produce nowadays, and that in fact is total Crap with capital c.
There also is a difference between promoting new music almost every year and promoting very old music for years. Creatively our guys have absolutely nothing to offer, musically they are completely dried out. Exception: three songs for 46664. Why not promote them?
They have all the money and all the possibilities any creative person dreams of to record whatever they want. If they were interested in music to some extent, they could record whatever they want and release it, no matter if anyone buys it. Maybe they do exactly that, do what they like, but I'm sorry in that case they are irrecoverable.
Furthermore, I understand Roger better than Brian, at least he doesn't pretend to be doing anything else besides moneymaking.

"Apart from that, live with it it's an advert for gods sake!"

Apart from that, I live with it very well. I don't use a TV and therefore don't have to be apprehensive of being forced to watch such bullshit.

"I'm a great believer in actually NOT giving people what they want"

Brian May, 11 March 05

Posted: 26 Jan 04, 11:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What real rock star would do an ad!?

"Its John Bonham for Snickers!.."

"Sometimes I'm doing a drum solo and I haven’t eaten in 3 fuckin weeks...I eat a SNICKERS!"

Fuck off man....if u cant see why adverts are evil then there is something wrong with you...

If you cant see why adverts are contrary to the spirit of rock then there is something wrong with you...If you cant see that from now on, everything that Brian and Roger say is going to be suspect, hollow and filled with nothing...if their dignity can be bought with money and their talent can be whored out to sell products that we don’t need to make fat cats richer and shit on the poor then ur a fucking evil fuck as well...

Brian and Roger PLEASE don’t...
You dont need money that is built on blood

Kev x

wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 04, 11:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

a simple solution
u dont like it, ignore it.

MY GOD spell it write.

Posted: 26 Jan 04, 11:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, because they mean a lot to me...I'm concerned, saddened and disappointed :'-(

Kev x

Togg

Posted: 26 Jan 04, 12:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adverts are evil...

What ARE you bleeting on about

Grow up, if you think an advert is evil you sure haven't experienced much in life

Brandon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1803 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 04, 12:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Advetrs are evil??
*LOL* That's a good one. Brian and ROger are career musicians, therefore hey mkae their money off of their music. What's the big deal with them doing a commerical? Eh, I'm with Togg - get a life.

MexQueenFM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 13266 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 04, 12:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

agree with William on this one

Mejor yo me hecho una chela, y chance enchufo una chava, chambeando de chafirete, me sobra chupe y pachanga

Tranzando de arriba a abajo, hay va la chilanga banda , chinchin si me la recuerdan
Hank H. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 738 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 04, 12:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"a simple solution
u dont like it, ignore it."

Too simple for me, plus I would not want to read a boring forum without messages about what people don't like.

"I'm a great believer in actually NOT giving people what they want"

Brian May, 11 March 05