forum rss feed
Author

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Feb 04, 08:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just have to admit it: it might change again but right now I find this song so annoyingly overplayed that I never want to hear it again in my life! I can skip it when I play ANATO, Greatest Hits or any live concert but then it's on each and every little feature, documentary or report ever filmed about Queen. You just cannot watch 10 minutes of an interesting documentary without the four heads popping up and "is this the real life" starting to whine away.

How do other people feel about this? Mainly those of you who remaster(forgive me, Adam) live shows or encode videos? Tell me I am not the only one:-)

I do not want any google ads here.

wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 04, 08:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

not getting tired of it, maybe it cuz I have not heard a queen song in about 3 months =-)

MY GOD spell it write.
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 04, 09:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe not with Bo Rhap, but I've got exactly the same with We Will Rock You, Champions, Ga-Ga and IWTBF- just skip them, heard too many bloody times... (so I indulge into things like "Sleeping On THe Sidelwalk" or "Fight FRom The Inside"- the ones I at some pont overlooked and am now discovering again...)

agneepath9 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 128 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 04, 09:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine: listen to Bho Rap on DVD-A or GVH 1 version in DTS.

an amazing experience!

Nathalie_queenfan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 99 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 04, 09:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I NEVER get tired of BoRhap!
It's my favourite song of all time!!!!!

Nathalie Versteeg

my MSN address is my e-mail address!!!

bye!!!
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 04, 09:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"YourValentine: listen to Bho Rap on DVD-A or GVH 1 version in DTS"

nice advice but it hasn't helped

I do not want any google ads here.

Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 04, 09:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yep, I've said it here before. It's still a brilliant song, but I don't need to hear it again for a few months or so.

Here's a list of songs that need to be retired for awhile:

-Bohemian Rhapsody
-Walking On Sunshine (Retire forever, destroy all masters, stop licensing, develop a way of permanently deleting from memory)
-Sara (Starship)
-Boys Of Summer
-Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)
-Sweet Home Alabama
-And many more!

Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 04, 09:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have a similar feeling. I must say that whenever I listen to ANATO DVD-A, I always listen to Good Company, Seaside Rendezvous, '39 or The Prophet's Song (minus the middle part).

ogre t raylot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 994 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 04, 09:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm certainly in the tired of it camp.

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 04, 09:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Somehow I've never liked the intro to Bohemian Rhapsody. It's a little overplayed, but I don't seem to get tired of it... not yet.

WWRY & WATC get really boring after being heard so many times, especially here in the US where they played both songs in a row.
However, it's great to hear some of the new versions of those songs.

Even though I hate Robbie Williams, I have to admit that I absolutely love the guitar solo by Brian on the new version of 'Champions' sung by Robbie.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4283 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 04, 09:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The opera & rock parts are still great. The rest is só boring to me these days.

Guy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 803 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 04, 09:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not tired of it, because I try not to listen to one song too much. It happened to me with Breakthru, there was a time when I heard that song 5 times a day, and obviously stopped listening to it after a few days.

Besides, it's quite clear why it "represents" Queen so much and is mentioned everywhere.

"You'll never find rainbows if you're looking down."  -Charlie Chaplin
Rien user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2204 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 04, 09:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bohemian Rhapsody just cannot get boring to me. If it would, the right medicine to take is stop listening to Queen music completely for some months. It sometimes happens to me (not playing their music for a while) and then when I actually really listen to the music again, it surprises me again. But Bohrap has never bored me.

Feel free to visit my site - http://www.mercuryparadise.com

(Come into my life, it's a MercuryParadise)
Sonja user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 931 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 04, 10:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bo Rhap is boring me, too. As well as all the 80's stuff, A kind of magic, the works, actually everything that's on the GH compilations bores me to death. Just listening to Queen I & II and a Day at the races at the moment.

"This world may be another planet's hell."

- Aldous Huxley
Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 04, 10:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Try listening to it backwards.

Like Stussy, I haven't listened to a Queen CD in months, so I can't help too much.

DJ's the man we love the most
FM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 706 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 04, 10:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BoRap could never bore me as it truly defined the uniqueness and the incredible talents and emotions of Freddie. This was his "baby". When you hear, in my opinion, the name Freddie Mercury, the song Bohemian Rhapsody comes to your mind. It's one of those songs that will live on forever--a true classic that will never die. It's not a boring song; how could it be boring?

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 04, 10:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It doesn't matter how great a song is. Too much overplaying gets quite annoying.

Even 'Stairway To Heaven' was getting boring through the 70s after being heard so many times on record stores. There's even a reference of this situation on 'Wayne's World'.

Of course this doesn't mean that songs like 'Stairway To Heaven', 'Bohemian Rhapsody', or 'Hotel California' are boring. Just that people don't want to hear the same song for a million times.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 04, 10:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I find Bohemian Rhapsody to be extremely overplayed, and I have heard it so many times that I can play it perfectly in my head, and even then I'm tired of it. It's a great song and all, but it's like 'Stairway To Heaven' or any other overexposed song: it just becomes tiresome to listen to it all the time. I've given up on Bohemian Rhapsody (hell, even Queen for a little bit) to expand my horizons instead of listening to the same old damned song over and over.

Robin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Robin
Bohemian: 741 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 04, 11:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm with you, Barb. I skip it every time....video, concert or cd. Also Radio GaGa, Crazy, and a couple of others. It's not that I don't like them, I'm just sick of hearing them. I guess for some of us it's also a matter of hearing it since it first came out. Truth be told, I never got tired of it in the 70's or 80's, it was after Waynes World.

Robin

Megamike The GREAT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2264 posts

Posted: 09 Feb 04, 11:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Listen to the Bad News version a few times... you will WANT to hear the real version.. ;-)

BTW, I am that way with Radio Ga Ga.. I had heard it soooo much that I lost interest in it.. of course it could have been because I recorded myself singing it (thank GOD my mom threw that away.. I couldn't bring myself to throw it away)

My Brothers and Sisters all hated me 'cause I was an only child...

-Weird Al (Generic Blues)

I gave up on books when 'To Kill A Mockingbird' gave me no useful advice on how to kill a mockingbird.