Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > See what a fool I've been...

forum rss feed
Author

Kuku user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 341 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Feb 04, 02:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

... for not having listened to "See What A Fool I've Been" before. An AMAZING song! Sadly, I am a very "new" Queen fan and could obtain Queen II CD just... today! (reading about all those crazy bootlegs and concerts makes me dazed... I don't even know where to START.)

The vocal for "See What a Fool I've Been" is indescribable. I can just PICTURE Freddie's facial expressions and gestures as I listen to this crazy Bri number... On the other hand, the two remix songs at the end are SOOOO annoying.

Queen II is without a doubt THE best album in modern music, and one of the best in the entire music history. It's only seconded by Innuendo, ANATO, Sheer Heart Attack and ADATR. SEE WHAT A FOOL I'VE BEEN FOR NOT REALIZING THIS BEFORE.

Right now "The Fairy Feller's Master-Stroke" is the best song in Queen II in my book. What about you the fellow zoners?

Goodbye April lady, It's been good to have you around - Goodbye April lady, You've done a lot for the folks in this town...
Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts

Posted: 10 Feb 04, 03:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen II is a masterpiece. You'll find plenty of folks who love this album.. even without being huge Queen fans, people recognize what a gem it is.

I'm not too fond of 'See What A Fool I've Been' myself. While I have nothing against bluesy songs, this rather heavy manner of performance with the sort of overblown vocal doesn't do it for me. Actually.. yeah, don't hate me for this, but it's Freddie's vocal that I don't like. *ducks*

'Sleeping on the Sidewalk' is another heavy blues number, but I find it much more appealing with Brian's vocal.

Was still nice of Hollywood to include it though. As for the remixes, they were a bad idea in my opinion. The 'straight' ones are useless, and the techno & rap/hip-hop ones are in very poor taste.

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 10 Feb 04, 06:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i don't like the studio version of See what a fool, cause the vocals sound too gay.

I like the live versions tho

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6328 posts

Posted: 10 Feb 04, 06:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I prefer (or dislike less) the BBC version. I agree that the single version is so gay

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
Whisperer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1312 posts

Posted: 10 Feb 04, 07:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fried and Sebastian, I had a topic about the gayness (Freddie's voice) of SWAFIB last year and I got lots of angry replies. Watch out!

The B-side version is shit, I agree.

Not those are losers who fall, but those who don't stand up.

Posted: 10 Feb 04, 07:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Very gay vocal indeed. Freddie was good at that. I immediately think 'gay!' everytime I hear a man use the word 'dear' in this manner. And phrases like "See you later singer boy" are very gay.

Wooohoo! It's like a tidal wave of gay!

I hereby change my mind. I love this song!

Posted: 10 Feb 04, 07:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just remember who supposedly wrote the words.. Brian. Though I'm sure Freddie put his own spin on the thing ;)

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 10 Feb 04, 08:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

IMO this is the best from all the B-sides...
Love those bluesy numbers- agree though that live it was much better.
And when it gets to the whole album- only Sheer Heart Attack is better, IMHO of course... Best track? White Queen- no doubt...

FM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 706 posts

Posted: 10 Feb 04, 08:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Love Freddie's vocals on this song; it's one of my absolute favorites. You can, like you said, just imagine Freddie hamming it up while signing it. Very burlesque-like! He certainly was having a lot of fun while "performing" this gem. Would have loved to been there and seen it all.

Hitman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2217 posts

Posted: 10 Feb 04, 08:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i like the song ;) gay or not...i like the rythm...the pauses...the guitar riffs

Anything too stupid to be said... is sung.

Posted: 10 Feb 04, 08:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If I'm not mistaken, I think I actually replied to my own post above. I've finally flipped.

Whisperer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1312 posts

Posted: 10 Feb 04, 14:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL :-))))))))

Yes, you did!

Not those are losers who fall, but those who don't stand up.
RainMustFall user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 258 posts

Posted: 10 Feb 04, 16:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Then again, as the song goes along, (like the "Ahhhhhhhh...!" part) it gets more... um, manly sounding. Still, I get a good laugh from this song whenever I hear it. "Chile, right now you... take it!" I can just imagine some woman, stumbling about with a glass of wine in her hand, saying that! It's a neat song.

You lead a fairytale existance,

But into every life a litte

Rain must fall.
Arnaldo "Ogre-" Silveira user not visiting Queenzone.com
Arnaldo
Deity: 2258 posts

Posted: 11 Feb 04, 07:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great song, best album ever.

Deaconfan: "It finally happened" :)

Cheers,

Ogre-