Forums > Personal > "Star Trek", anyone?

forum rss feed
Author

mrs_groucho user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 158 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Feb 04, 12:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Happy belated birthday Brent Spiner (Data).

I really am a nerd.

Love and Spock is hot,
Mrs. G

I'm gonna make a mistake

I'm gonna do it on purpose

I'm gonna waste my time

'Cause I'm full as a tick

And I'm scratching at the surface

And what I find is mine ~F. Apple
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 10 Feb 04, 13:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

C'mon, You know those Vulcan ears get you going. ;) Not a big fan myself, Though I do like Patrick Stewart. Does that count?

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel

Posted: 10 Feb 04, 13:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just think that Spock is ever so lovely.

You like Patrick Stewart? Do you like him in the "X-men" films?

Love,
Mrs. G

I'm gonna make a mistake

I'm gonna waste my time

Daburcor?

Posted: 10 Feb 04, 13:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes. He was the perfect choice in those movies.

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 10 Feb 04, 15:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Once this friend of mine invited me to watch a Star Trek movie and it was awful.

I guess he will still be a virgin by the time he's 40.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
iron eagle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3793 posts

Posted: 10 Feb 04, 15:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

star trek has been a staple over the years....

the one i miss the most is babylon5
i think of babylon5 as the queenzone-- *LOL*

i got a way with the boys on my block.. :-)

Taylor-Mayed user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 7134 posts

Posted: 10 Feb 04, 15:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I haven't watched any TOS for years, although I seem to remember quite liking it when I was young. Not something I'd ever be desperate to see again, but not as awful as some sci-fi shows down the years.

The films for the most part I've enjoyed, although I haven't see "Insurrection" or "Nemesis". I would definitely say that "The Wrath of Khan" would be one of my favourite science-fiction films - lots of space ship battles, yay!

TNG I liked when I was very young and first saw it, went through a period of not liking it at all and then more recently when I've seen some episodes on DVD round my brother's place, thought it's quite enjoyable when it's done well. "The Best of Both Worlds" was probably my favourite, along with "Yesterday's Enterprise" because that irritating tit Riker gets killed! Yay! Shame it's only in a parallel universe.

DS9 and "Voyager" I only ever really watched occassionally off and on. I enjoyed some of the episodes, but found them for the most part fairly average.

"Enterprise" I have seen a few episodes of and found it pretty forgettable, frankly.

Posted: 10 Feb 04, 17:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree, Patrick Stewart was the perfect Professor X. Mum was quite happy as she thinks he is very sexy. I, on the other hand, think that Nightcrawler and Wolverine are sexy.

I like the old "Star Trek" sometimes. My favorite movies, made with original cast, are "The Search For Spock" and "The Voyage Home".

I have went to three "Star Trek" conventions. Bear in mind, I was like 7 or 8 at the time. So, you know...I didn't really have a lot of choice. But they really were not as bad as people make them out to be. Everyone was nice, maybe it was because I was so young? Anyway, I met Chekov!

Please do not make fun of me...*pouts*

"Insurrection" is really not that great, as it is like a really long episode of the tv show.

"Nemesis" is so very sad, because Data kills himself...But for the reasons he did it, it was also very noble.

I don't watch any other "Star Trek" stuff.

Love and I wonder if any of you will still talk to me even,
Mrs. G

P.S. I do not have a pocket protector...Or anything like that at all.

I'm gonna make a mistake

I'm gonna waste my time

Posted: 10 Feb 04, 18:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There's nothing wrong with being a science-fiction fan, you know. People aren't going to hunt you down with torches and pitchforks. If the board can live with my "Doctor Who" obsession and frequent mentions of it and threads concerning it in a place where it really doesn't belong, I'm sure it can deal equally well with the occassional "Star Trek" fan.

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 10 Feb 04, 18:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mrs. Groucho
What does it feel like going to a 'Star Trek' convention, and realize that none of those guys have any idea whatsoever of how to please you.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
MexQueenFM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 13266 posts

Posted: 10 Feb 04, 19:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Mrs. Groucho
What does it feel like going to a 'Star Trek' convention, and realize that none of those guys have any idea whatsoever of how to please you."

LOL

and i dont' like Star trek or Star wars

Mejor yo me hecho una chela, y chance enchufo una chava, chambeando de chafirete, me sobra chupe y pachanga

Tranzando de arriba a abajo, hay va la chilanga banda , chinchin si me la recuerdan
Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 10 Feb 04, 19:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Uhg, Trekkies as virgins. What a fun and original stereotype. It would be more fun if we started to label Trekkies as closest John Tesh fans.

Anywho, I always preferred First Contact and The Undiscovered Country, which was also written by Nicholas Meyer, writer and director of Khan. I know Khan is usually held as the best Trek movie, but the whole Genesis subplot and Kirk's son always turned me off.

DJ's the man we love the most

Posted: 10 Feb 04, 19:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I did like "Undiscovered Country"... Never really got the fuss about "First Contact" though. Yeah it was all right, but... Didn't measure up to II or VI in my opinion.

iron eagle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3793 posts

Posted: 10 Feb 04, 21:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wrath is the best

tng ones were ok -- cept the last two--got kind of lame after that--

i got a way with the boys on my block.. :-)

Daburcor?

Posted: 10 Feb 04, 21:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I haven't seen like ANY of the movies with the next generation cast, Just the first few original ones.

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6373 posts

Posted: 10 Feb 04, 23:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Revenge is a dish best served cold ...

I agree Wrath was the best.

...and I wear my nerdiness as a badge of honor, so my kids must have been adopted when I was watching Star Trek, or more likely, Dr Who.

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
Banquo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Banquo
Deity: 2636 posts

Posted: 14 Feb 04, 06:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

First Contact is probably the greatest Star Trek film, Insurrection the worst, both directed by Jonathan "Riker" Frakes, who is directing the upcoming Thunderbirds movie. I digress, my favourite TV series is probably Voyager especially the last 4 seasons I love the Borg and as they feature heavily its very good.

Enterprise is coming along nicely now as well.

Fav Episodes are The Best Of Both Worlds, More Tribbles, More Troubles, Scorpian Parts I and II, Chain of Command I and II, Gambit, The City on the Edge of Forever, Broken Arrow and Endgame.

Anyone who can sort out which series they originate gets a free Spock ear and Data's gold eye.

Guess who's back?
iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 14 Feb 04, 07:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Voyager ate ice. Too much love between Janeway and that (Native) Indian bloke and not enough sexy bald captains saying 'Engage!'. Although I did watch 90000000 episodes of Voyager accidentally.

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
Megamike The GREAT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2264 posts

Posted: 14 Feb 04, 08:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok, I want to crush the notion that ALL trekkies are virgins.. I am a trekkie and am not a virgin, I LOVE ALL trek movies, even the lame ones... I think some of us trekkies can teach a thing or two to you carbon based life forms.. I even wore my Star Trek uniform to my brothers wedding.. and as far as who the best captian was.. Not sure... I would have to go with Picard, then Kirk, then Sisko and finally Janeway.. NOT that I think She was bad, but someone has to be on the bottom.. why not the woman... lol

My Brothers and Sisters all hated me 'cause I was an only child...

-Weird Al (Generic Blues)

I gave up on books when 'To Kill A Mockingbird' gave me no useful advice on how to kill a mockingbird.
Megamike The GREAT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2264 posts

Posted: 14 Feb 04, 08:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Anyone who can sort out which series they originate gets a free Spock ear and Data's gold eye

Best Of Both Worlds,Next Generation

More Tribbles, More Troubles "The Animated series

, Scorpian Parts I and II, Voyager

Chain of Command I and II, Next Generation

Gambit, Next Generation

The City on the Edge of Forever, The original series

Broken Arrow I think that was supposed to be Broken BOW, that is Enterprise

and Endgame. Voyager

I will be waiting for them.. :)

My Brothers and Sisters all hated me 'cause I was an only child...

-Weird Al (Generic Blues)

I gave up on books when 'To Kill A Mockingbird' gave me no useful advice on how to kill a mockingbird.