Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > backwards lyrics

forum rss feed
Author

Brian's sweet sister user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 311 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Feb 04, 11:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK was it deliberate in Another One Bites The Dust?
You know the "it's fun to smoke marujuana" bit or do you think it was accidental?
And what other ones are there if any?

"Take me to the room where the reds all red take me outta my head, that's what I said"
Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts

Posted: 15 Feb 04, 11:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This topic comes up all the time :)

I personally wouldn't put it past them to fool around in the studio and come up with something like this, as it seems mighty clear to me. I don't think they'd ever admit to it, as they might be seen as promoting drug use.

On the other hand, if you listen to just about anything backwards you can come up with words that fit, and then if you tell someone what you hear, they might hear it that way too because they know what to listen for.

So I'm undecided but leaning a bit more towards intentional :)

Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts

Posted: 15 Feb 04, 11:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thats exactly what Rob Halford said in that Judas Priest trial all those years ago

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
L-R-TIGER1994 user not visiting Queenzone.com
member of the Royal Family
L-R-TIGER1994
Deity: 3652 posts

Posted: 15 Feb 04, 13:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Backwards lyrics are extremely ridiculous,you listen what they want you to listen,"it's fun to smoke marihuana" could be "I bought a pot in Tijuana" or "it's fun to peel a banana",if you play a song backwards you listen to a cluster of sounds that could be anything,but it's very dificult to make a sentence than then while played backwards could mean another thing,with phonetics,particularly in English,the words are completely distorted,so all this is a complete CRAP,a bunch of bullshit from people that have nothing better to do than listen to a song played backward,Queen songs are too good to waste my time putting them backwards.

Heap big woman you made an asshole outta me....gimme your bums and ride!!!!!!
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 15 Feb 04, 13:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Awww... I thought this was going to be a topic where we gave a lyric backwards, and then someone else posted it the right way and gave another one. Oh well...

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
Brian's sweet sister user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 311 posts

Posted: 15 Feb 04, 13:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Awww... I thought this was going to be a topic where we gave a lyric backwards, and then someone else posted it the right way and gave another one. Oh well..."

Alrightey then it will be!!! Lemme think.....I can't think you give us one!!

"Take me to the room where the reds all red take me outta my head, that's what I said"
Farlander user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 662 posts

Posted: 15 Feb 04, 13:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There is simply no way that is intentional. I would bet any amount of money on that.

Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 15 Feb 04, 13:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Instead of taking over this topic with backward lyric insanity, I have started another topic. ;)

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
Brandon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1803 posts

Posted: 15 Feb 04, 14:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's not clear enough to be intentional. Check out Weird Al's "Nature Trail To hell" for REAL backmasking.