Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Collectables

forum rss feed
Author

forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 157 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Feb 04, 18:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is there a website where you can find out exactly what queen items are officially collectable and rare? And also how much they are worth?

So I don't get ripped off when bidding on ebay or buying from a collector!

Thanks!!!

Just one year of love, is better than a life time alone!
Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 18 Feb 04, 02:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not an expert on single and LP releases, people like Ron, Henrique, P_G or Alex are. Queenpicturehall is definitely the best source for this info but keep in mind that ebay prices are always cheaper than that :-)

Queenland user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 362 posts

Posted: 18 Feb 04, 06:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would recommend the combination of my (ridiculously big) wants list plus my collection list, as a reference of what's collectable:

http://paginas.terra.com.br/arte/queenland/qwants.htm

http://paginas.terra.com.br/arte/queenland/qcollec.htm

But these lists does not contains values.

Rien user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2204 posts

Posted: 18 Feb 04, 12:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And of course that Brian May book will be released with practically ALL Queen collectibles.

Feel free to visit my site - http://www.mercuryparadise.com

(Come into my life, it's a MercuryParadise)
Plengel user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2119 posts

Posted: 18 Feb 04, 13:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Your wantlist is indeed rediculously big, Henrique. But there's nothing wrong with wanting something, the only problem is getting it :)

You've never seen nothing like it, no never in your life. Like going up to heaven and then coming back alive.

http://plengelqueentrader.tripod.com

Posted: 18 Feb 04, 15:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is a lost battle of course - I get one item from the list and discover another 10 to add to it ! :-b

Plengel user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2119 posts

Posted: 18 Feb 04, 16:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, that's the fun of this hobby (collecting). You never get satisfied, there's always more to collect. I sometimes wonder where you guys keep your collection? I only have a small collection (+/- 200 Queen Releted Items) and I allready don't have the space to store it.

Lol :)

You've never seen nothing like it, no never in your life. Like going up to heaven and then coming back alive.

http://plengelqueentrader.tripod.com
Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 19 Feb 04, 03:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's why I sort of admire Henrique... he's fighting a lost battle. Henrique, is there anything Queen-related you are not collecting? Have you never considered focusing on one field (example: 7" singles) and make your collection as complete as possible? :-)

Posted: 19 Feb 04, 07:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Plengel,

> wonder where you guys keep your collection?

I have a room in my appartment which is dedicated only to store my collection.
Some years ago I had to move most framed posters, and some big items like windows displays to somewhere else because of lack of space.
A few months ago I had to remove the CDs from it too :-/

Martin,

> That's why I sort of admire Henrique... he's fighting a lost battle.

My hope is that if one day I win the lottery, I could come closer to win this battle ;)

> Henrique, is there anything Queen-related you are not collecting?

Mmmmm...
If I see something in front of me (not on the internet) Queen-related that I don't have, for a reasonable price, I will probably buy. From t-shirts to figure statues, anything. But I don't include things like these examples to my wants list, there's no way to catalogue these. Also I don't catalogue on my wants list, for example, the tour stuff you collect (all ticket stubbs, etc). I only catalogue on my collection the ones I have, on this case.

> Have you never considered focusing on one field (example: 7" singles) and make your collection as complete as possible? :-)

No, never.
If I do that I would tend to pay silly prices for something I need for that specific field.
Doing the way I do, I never pay too much for an item because I have no priorities, and the range of choices is muuuuch wider.
Also, is it possible to have a complete collection on any sub-field ? Maybe if one starts collecting John Deacon solo...
...or a bizarre format like Reel To Reel tapes (The Game only) :-D