Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Live Aid footage of ITTWWC?

forum rss feed
Author

Saffron Caribou user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2326 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Feb 04, 20:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well I was 5 when Live Aid was broadcast, so I don't remember about the performance of "Is This The World We Created?" from the concert.

Then back in 95 I taped VH1's re-airing of the concert, and they edited out the performance. Also, I got a Queen mix tape with MTV's airing of Live Aid, and the performance wasn't there either. Nor it doesn't appear in DoRo's Queen documentaries.

So, will QP ever release this footage, and the entire Queen set from Live Aid in some DVD form or perhaps in the GVH3 dvd? Or should I hold my breath that it would never be released?

I just hope so, because I've never seen it. :(

When you open your heart to a smooth operator...
rhapsody__87 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 971 posts

Posted: 17 Feb 04, 20:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't have the answer to your question however... I was born in 1987, so it was impossible for me to see the concert, of course! And by 1995... I wouldn't have known what Live Aid was.

Do you think VH1 will re-air the concert as a 20th Anniversary tribute?

I e-mailed them... I really hope they do because I'm dying to see it!

...Erica*

"I don't judge others. I say if you feel good with what you're doing, let your freak flag fly."

--Sarah Jessica Parker

Posted: 17 Feb 04, 20:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hope so! They should!

If only they would release it on DVD. I bet that if Bob Geldof would okay it, millions of people will buy it. Therefore, raising even more money for famine relief, which is still rampant all over the world.

However, I doubt that will happen because of the copyright issues.

Posted: 17 Feb 04, 20:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bob Geldof is cool... if you ever saw his interviews on the Queen: Magic Years... he speaks SO highly of Queen, it's great.

Ugh, what copyright issues? I've had enough of being kept in the dark about all these great concerts, and it's led me to downloading and buying bootlegs. Not fun!

...Erica*

"I don't judge others. I say if you feel good with what you're doing, let your freak flag fly."

--Sarah Jessica Parker

Posted: 17 Feb 04, 20:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh Bob Geldof is great! Great guy, and good actor in Pink Floyd's The Wall. I have Magic Years, and he does speak very them.

About the copyright, I think it can be either by the huge roster of bands, or the stations that had aired it. I don't know.

I just want to see the full complete set, incl. CLTCL, and ITTWWC! Grrr!

Posted: 17 Feb 04, 20:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The whole set would be a treat. Anytime something mentions Live Aid, they HAVE to show the 'Radio Ga Ga' part. Should we drop a little note to Brian to see what he could do?

...Or is he too busy planning Beyonce's role in this spectacle of a Queen movie? That's absolute BULL.

...Erica*

--Sarah Jessica Parker

Posted: 17 Feb 04, 20:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh I have that footage of Radio Ga Ga from the Vh1 and MTV footage. It's the best part of the set next to the audience participation singing part.

Well sure write to Brian Erica. :D

What Queen FILM!??!!

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 17 Feb 04, 20:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"it's led me to downloading and buying bootlegs. Not fun!"

Not fun? You don't like what you get for free?? Or you don't enjoy finding these things? What a weird thing to say.

And the copyright thing? Not sure. It might be that those performances can't be released as a Queen release because they all agreed not to profit from the event.

Peace,
Adam.

P.S. I downloaded the entire Live Aid performance, including ITTWWC, from the hub ages ago. Check there.

Posted: 17 Feb 04, 20:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<>

Nononono. I bought some DVD bootlegs, but the things that I download take forever because I have dial-up... so that's the 'not fun' part. Of COURSE I love free stuff!! Who doesn't? lol

...Erica*

--Sarah Jessica Parker

Posted: 17 Feb 04, 20:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can't join the HUB Adam. I don't have the requirements to join, and my PC is utter shite to download things.

Huh? I don't understand. DoRo has the footage. We've seen it on two of their Queen documentaries, and although they used footage and not the complete set still it was commercially sold, the videos I mean.

Also, VH1 (US) aired the concert with commercials. So I imagine that the producers got money out of that transmission.

I'm not asking for the whole concert, just Queen's set, along with ITTWWC.

Posted: 17 Feb 04, 20:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just want Live Aid, dammit!! Hahah

...Erica*

--Sarah Jessica Parker
[StArMaN] user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 512 posts

Posted: 17 Feb 04, 20:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ITTWWC performance on live aid was RUINED by technicals problems. We can hear some people talking through the P.A. during the song, and Freddie looked very annoyed. That's sad, it could have been THE song of the day :(

Posted: 17 Feb 04, 20:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Awww that sucks Neil :( I never knew that. Still I'd love to see it. :D

I agree with your sentiments Erica! LOL

Posted: 17 Feb 04, 21:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It makes me sad to think that Freddie would be annoyed... of course he would, he has emotions but come on... he's HAPPY Freddie!

Sorry... I was digging through old stuff in the basement and I think the dust got into my head. :)

...Erica*

--Sarah Jessica Parker
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 17 Feb 04, 21:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, non-profit doesn't mean clips can't be used. We've all seen clips. But the last time we saw entire performances? Excluding the reshowing of the entire concert on tv.

Adam.

FM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 706 posts

Posted: 17 Feb 04, 22:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"ITTWWC performance on live aid was RUINED by technicals problems. We can hear some people talking through the P.A. during the song, and Freddie looked very annoyed. That's sad, it could have been THE song of the day :( "

I have it and yes, it did have its technical difficulties, but still was a pleasure to see and Freddie sang that song with such emotion on that day especially. A true treasure to have.

*goodco* user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1128 posts

Posted: 18 Feb 04, 00:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Check with queencollector.com. All of Queen's main performance and 'Created' are available on one of his tapes.

j+III

"Discretionary posting is the better part of valor." Falstaff
Daz85 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1802 posts

Posted: 18 Feb 04, 06:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Apparently the BBC have big plans for the 20th anniversary of Live Aid next year. I would imagine that they will re-show it.

ogre t raylot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 994 posts

Posted: 18 Feb 04, 06:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"So, will QP ever release this footage, and the entire Queen set from Live Aid in some DVD form or perhaps in the GVH3 dvd? Or should I hold my breath that it would never be released?"

All bands that appeared at Live Aid did so under the proviso that it was a one-off and no product (audio or video) would ever be issued.

Black-Rose user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 92 posts

Posted: 18 Feb 04, 07:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ITTWWC wasn't part of the main Queen set. Brian and Freddie came back on just before the end of Live Aid. After that everyone came back on to sing Do They Know It's Christmas (even though it wasn't). You can hear talking and noises all the way through it but for me it was the song of the day. I taped it off the tv on the day.