Forums > Personal > Movies that have made you cry

forum rss feed
Author

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Feb 04, 21:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is not necessarily a topic about your favorite movies, just the ones that have made you cry.

BRAVEHEART
This movie is one of my favorites. Movies of real life stories about heroes being persecuted, tortured and finally turned into martyrs are indeed very sad.

AFTER THE PROMISE
Most people might not know this movie because it was a made for TV flick from 1987. It's about this carpenter whose wife died during the depression. His kids are taken away after he was unfairly accused of battery by the kids' nanny. The kids are physically abused at the orphange and he struggles to bring them all back. I can guarantee you that if you're a parent you're going to cry watching this movie. Every single person I know who has watched it has cried.

FRANKENSTEIN (Anime version)1984
I remember watching this movie as a kid and crying with my sister almost endlessly. I never read the Mary Shelly book or saw any movies based on the original book, but I remember on this one Frankenstein tries to be accepted by people while they fear him and hate him for being seen as a monster and a threat.

TITANIC
I'm one of the few guys who admit that cried watching this movie. Funny thing is that a lot of those guys who cried then, now say that it's one of the worse movies ever. Sure the dialogue was corny at times, but movies are all about bringing emotions.

THE LION KING
I was 15 when I saw this movie and I didn't want to embarass myself crying along with all those kids in the theater. Very tearjerking the scene when Simba tried to wake up his father after finding him dead.

Also when I was a kid I used to cry a lot of TV shows or movies where animals died. I think a lot of kids do.

-------------------------------------------------

If too many movies have made you cry, list the ones have made you cry the most.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 22 Feb 04, 22:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I tend to cry more at the prices of movies these days than actual movies themselves, but I almost *ALMOST!* cried when I saw "Big Fish".

Ms.Lurex user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 470 posts

Posted: 22 Feb 04, 22:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

La Bamba always makes me cry...and the movie about the Temptations made me cry that aired on VH1

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 22 Feb 04, 22:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know how you feel Lester. After watching 'The English Patient', I wanted my money and my 3 precious hours back. I totally agree with Elaine from Seinfeld.

I remember feeling like crying watching 'La Bamba' too.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Robin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Robin
Bohemian: 741 posts

Posted: 22 Feb 04, 22:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Some old ones make me cry......
The Champ
Beaches
Brians Song

Robin

Virtuoso user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 806 posts

Posted: 22 Feb 04, 22:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lost in translation-The end made me cry...it's such a great story u know.This is one of those movies that marked me the most.

When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power,The World Will Know Peace
Relayer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 91 posts

Posted: 22 Feb 04, 22:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Grave of the Fireflies, I usually don't like anime, but thats the most heartbreaking film I've ever seen

MexQueenFM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 13266 posts

Posted: 22 Feb 04, 22:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the house of the dead
I cried cause i wasted my money and my time, awful!

Mejor yo me hecho una chela, y chance enchufo una chava, chambeando de chafirete, me sobra chupe y pachanga

Tranzando de arriba a abajo, hay va la chilanga banda , chinchin si me la recuerdan
TheMiracle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2062 posts

Posted: 22 Feb 04, 22:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Eyes Of An Angel~ John Travolta is in this film. But it was about his daughter forming a bond between a dog used for fights that had been abandoned and thrown in a river left to die. I was about 8 at the time and I just bawled my eyes out to think of the dog's situation
Life Is Beautiful ~ When Robert Benigini was taken by the Nazi to be shot, my heart broke.

"I feel that when I'm old, I'll look at you & know the world was beautiful..."
Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 04, 00:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I cry easily with movies. Not only sad stuff, but very happy stuff.

Muriel's Wedding - When Muriel tries on a bridal gown for the first time and the orchestral version of Dancing Queen comes on, it kills me.

Stand By Me - The issues of losing an older brother whom your father was more fond of hits close to home.

The Color Purple - When Celie allows herself to let go and laugh for the first time ever in her life. It's one of the most beautiful examples of the human spirit ever captured on film.

A.I. - The very end of the film when David has had his day of being loved by his mother. I'll never understand people who didn't like this film.

The Sixth Sense - Ironically these are the same actors from Muriel's Wedding and A.I. - Toni Collette and Haley Joel Osment. The scene in the car near the end when Cole tells his mom that grandma is proud of her.

And one of my all-time favorite movies, Terms of Endearment. Both happy and sad scenes. The movie is actually more of a comedy than drama, which people tend to forget.

Any number of scenes from Roots, which I rewatch a couple times a year.

And many more. :`-)

Edit: Also any scene where an animal dies, or has been lost and comes back, or gets set free. hehe

Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 04, 00:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Rush" is quite the tear-jearker as well.

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 04, 02:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Milo and Otis.
Saving Private Ryan.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Keep in mind that I don't watch many movies..

Actually I've 'cried' tears of laughter in heaps of movies but they don't count.

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 04, 02:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Actually I've 'cried' tears of laughter in heaps of movies but they don't count."

If that's the case, I could think of TONS!

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
look what they've done to claudi.... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1142 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 04, 04:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"finding nemo" was the last one that had me crying... and apart from that it's nearly every disney movie... cinderella, lion king, all that stuff... *sniff*

really important people never have anything really important to say.

if someone gets you down, stick your feet in their lemonade.
Little_Queenie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 558 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 04, 04:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I cried like lunatic when I watched Lion King and one of my fave movies of all time - Green Mile... I adore that movie. Also Free Willy and many movies about animals, and of course, nothing of this can compare with amount of tears that come when watching queen documentaries... Especially parts about Freddie. God, this looks like I cry all the time, lol:))

Give me a good guitar, and you can say that my hair's a disgrace, oh, just find me an open car - I'll make the speed of light out of this place...
*the Time Guardian* user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3379 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 04, 05:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

IMMORTAL BELOVED
Movie of Beethoven's life. Talks about women who he loved, but there was only one true love. Gary oldman played Beethoven. Very touching

TITANIC
All those bodies in the water. And the music that played. Just made me cry. When I watched it first, I didn't cry. When I watched it few years later, I cried. Strange

MAN IN THE IRON MASK
The way D'Artagnan died made me cry.

DEEP IMPACT
When this huge wawe came and drowned many cities... it was horrible. People who loved each other huged for last time. Father and daugther just stood on the beach and waited for drowning... Very sad

TIMELESS
Mayboy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6181 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 04, 06:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A few have, the ones i can remember umm

E.T
Titanic
The Lion King
Superman the first movie
Big

"I'm going up Buchanan Street

With a box of fireworks

And two bottles of

Tizer"

iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 04, 07:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Heh, I thought you said 'Gary Coleman' played Beethoven.

'Whatchu talkin' 'bout, piano?'

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 04, 08:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

TITANIC
I cried at the end because I realised that nothing is going to give me back three hours of my life i wasted on that... crap....

SAVING PRIVATE RYAN
Same, although as far as I remember it wasn't three hours- thank god... What a ridiculous concept anyway- sacrifice few ppl to bring back one... Not sure if they were brave- stupiddity is a better word...

BRAVEHEART
Good one, although Mel's accent was pretty bad...
But yeah, truly cried on this one...

HIGHLANDER
"Who Wants To Live Forecer" bit makes me cry every time...

Guy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 803 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 04, 09:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Titanic
The Lion King (when I was little, ofcourse :)
The Life Of David Gale (well, not really cry, but a very depressing movie)

"You'll never find rainbows if you're looking down."  -Charlie Chaplin