Forums > Personal > Seniors Brawl After Salad Bar Dispute

forum rss feed
Author

NoOneButYou1975 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2320 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Mar 04, 18:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WINTER HAVEN, Fla. (March 4) - A dispute at the salad bar turned into a food fracas at an upscale retirement home, with a man taking a bite out of another's arm and other residents suffering minor injuries.

Police said resident Lee Thoss, 62, of the Spring Haven Retirement Community was picking through the lettuce, which disgusted 86-year-old William Hocker, who was standing in line behind him.

Hocker told Thoss no one wanted to eat food he had been playing with. Thoss yelled and cursed at him, Hocker told police, and Hocker called him a nasty name. Then, witnesses said, Thoss then began punching Hocker in the face.

In the buffet melee that followed, Allen Croft, 79, tried to grab Thoss, who bit him on the arm, reports said.

Thoss' mother, Arlene, in her 80s and also a Spring Haven resident, jumped in to break up the fight and ended up with a cut arm. Harry Griffin, 92, was standing at the salad bar and cut his head when he was knocked to the ground.

"All the old folks were either getting up to help or trying to get out of there," police spokesman J.J. Stanton said of the scene last Sunday in the well-appointed dining room, which features an ice cream bar and a pastry chef.

Arlene Thoss, Croft and Griffin were treated at a local hospital and released.

Stanton said all involved declined to press charges, but home administrators have asked Lee Thoss to move out.

I'm caught in between with a fading dream ..........

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/QueenForADay

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 04 Mar 04, 18:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*sigh*... Old people

Thank God that I don't work at that freakin' supermarket anymore.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
MexQueenFM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 13266 posts

Posted: 04 Mar 04, 19:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LMAO!! I don't know why, but it sounds like a good South Park episode

Mejor yo me hecho una chela, y chance enchufo una chava, chambeando de chafirete, me sobra chupe y pachanga

Tranzando de arriba a abajo, hay va la chilanga banda , chinchin si me la recuerdan
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 04 Mar 04, 19:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL! What a great news bit! :D

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
Mayboy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6181 posts

Posted: 05 Mar 04, 05:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL what a great idea for a comedy sketch ;)

"I'm going up Buchanan Street

With a box of fireworks

And two bottles of

Tizer"

Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 05 Mar 04, 08:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maaaaan... Now I want some salad!

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel