forum rss feed
Author

Wilki Amieva user not visiting Queenzone.com
We must all HEAR to believe
Wilki Amieva
Royalty: 1417 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Mar 04, 22:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know that this album, which was originally planned for release on April 1992 by Hollywood Records' label Hollywood BASIC (CD/CT: HB-61287-2/4), was finally never issued. However, I'm pretty sure that some early copies have surfaced. In fact, I recall seeing one CD-R test pressing (an 'acetate'!) for sale on an Esprit list from that time. Unfortunately, when I contacted the Esprit staff the item had already been sold (I found that list waiting in my mail when I returned from holidays - No e-mail in that era!).

I couldn't find that very list in my archive. That's a pity, because it provided some interesting information about that album. For example, I remember a Cohen (presumably Keith) mix of The Miracle.

Does anybody know anything about this album? John (*), perhaps?

(*) S. Stuart (who else? ;-)

Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 09 Mar 04, 01:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Never heard of this before. Any other tracks you remember?

DJ's the man we love the most
sully5059 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 682 posts

Posted: 09 Mar 04, 05:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is all the related info I could find on Google, it's a sampler CD:

http://www.queencollector.com/Promos/Basic.htm

Edit: Found something else...

"this has been shelved about a year ago by Brian. it was gonna be a whole CD of rap/dance/whatever remixes."

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&threadm=2i1bov%24opg%40darkstar.UCSC.EDU&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26safe%3Doff%26q%3D%2522THE%2BBASIC%2BBOOTLEGS%2522%26sa%3DN%26tab%3Dwg%26meta%3D