Forums > Personal > Fight for gay marriage - please sign

forum rss feed
Author

geeksandgeeks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4296 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Mar 04, 15:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Friends, please sign the petition at www.MillionForMarriage.org. And unlike the moronic folks on the website where I found this link, I'm not going to say "Don't sign it unless you're American!

God wants you to send me some money.

"Seven spades doubled, vulnerable, making seven? You BITCH."
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 04, 15:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dumbya will be a couple of blocks away from my job tomorrow, as part of a couple of events in Long Island.

It would be great if the residents of The Village and Soho could show up to let him know what they think of him.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
D.Blythe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 581 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 04, 21:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is there a grassy knoll nearby?

FAHRENHEIT 911

"Truth is the greatest of all national possessions. A state, a people, a system which suppresses the truth or fears to publish it, deserves to collapse" Kurt Eisner

NoOneButYou1975 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2320 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 04, 22:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

there is one in dallas lol

I'm caught in between with a fading dream ..........

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/QueenForADay

Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 04, 23:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What we really need is a petition to get me a date with a guy... we'll worry about marriage later.

siljeoen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1313 posts

Posted: 11 Mar 04, 05:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

:)

Queen Rules-Rock On!!!

...I`m Lord of all Darkness,I`m Queen of the night...
Mr Coolest Cat user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr Coolest Cat
Bohemian: 908 posts

Posted: 11 Mar 04, 06:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wouldn't sign it if you gave me a million £, gay marriage is wrong, carry on the good work Mr Bush, 4 more years coming your way.

There must be more to life than this.
Dances With Freddie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1928 posts

Posted: 11 Mar 04, 06:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ROTFLMAO

"it's better to be hated for who you are, than to be loved for who you're not"

siljeoen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1313 posts

Posted: 11 Mar 04, 06:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

what? are you supporting Bush?!-he`s the biggest asshole of all time!! if you guys vote for him as president for another four years,you`re incredible stupid.....

Queen Rules-Rock On!!!

...I`m Lord of all Darkness,I`m Queen of the night...
The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts

Posted: 11 Mar 04, 07:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You're right siljeoen. He loves war, he's very conservative (and we live in 2004!) and most of all, he's just an asshole.

I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
*the Time Guardian* user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3379 posts

Posted: 11 Mar 04, 08:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erm... I think mr Goldsmith wasn't very serious when he said that...

Cause, yeah, Bush is worst than Saddam. Asshole

TIMELESS
Little_Queenie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 558 posts

Posted: 11 Mar 04, 08:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"I wouldn't sign it if you gave me a million £, gay marriage is wrong, carry on the good work Mr Bush, 4 more years coming your way."

Oh really?? It's wrong? Good to know.. And who the fuck do you think you are to judge???? Why would it be wrong? Because this world is full of bloody homophobs? I really can't see why would it be wrong? Would you please explain it to me? It's very easy to judge and decide what's right and wrong for other people (i suppose you're straight). I'm sure you would've had different oppinion if you were gay yourself..

Give me a good guitar, and you can say that my hair's a disgrace, oh, just find me an open car - I'll make the speed of light out of this place...
Hank H. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 738 posts

Posted: 11 Mar 04, 10:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lucy, thank god that laws can be changed when they are not appropriate. If laws had never been changed we would still live in the Middle Ages. Why do you want two different kinds of marriages / civil unions when both carry the same rights anyway? If the rights are the same, it IS the same, no matter under what term.
Are infertile people allowed to marry? Why? They will never have children, will they?

"I'm a great believer in actually NOT giving people what they want"

Brian May, 11 March 05
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 11 Mar 04, 10:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<< I wouldn't sign it if you gave me a million £, gay marriage is wrong, carry on the good work Mr Bush, 4 more years coming your way. >>

Well that comes from someone who once posted that all Argentine soccer players are cheaters and drug addicts. Sure there's been players like Maradona and Caniggia but the great majority of Argentine soccer players are not like that.

My guess is that Harvey is a bigot. What are you doing on a message board of a band that had a gay lead singer anyways?

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
~Silje~ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 978 posts

Posted: 11 Mar 04, 11:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

'.. And who the fuck do you think you are to judge???? '
-Who are you to say it's right?

***No one can know for sure what is right or wrong, because opinions differ on the subject. We just have to judge what we consider right and what we consider wrong from how we think and from how we see the world we live in. How can you say that straight marriage is so more right? Fact is, as long as someone disagrees with you, you can't claim it to be right 100% for sure, but you're entitled to your own opinion anyway. As long as straight marriage is OK, I don't see why gay marriage shouldn't be OK. Marriage is marriage, what does it matter if there's different sexualities - people feel the same way!

'Why would it be wrong?' '
-Because the laws were set up to allow a man and a woman to marry for the reason of procreation. I don't think homosexuals have that ability.

*** Look, humans could very well procreate without being married. It's as easy as getting into bed, having a good time, and then probably she'll be pregnant already. Bringing kids to the world is something you can do without getting married for it! I'd say that marriage is for two people who love each other to create an official promise that they will live together and be true to each other. It's just a way of claiming love forever and getting it down on the paper for everyone to see, and it's smart because there'll be certain rights coming with the marriage and that'll cause less conflicts. Now,Gay people love to, gay people can be Christians too, gay people should be able to get kids (through adoption) too, and the same freaking rights should count for them!

'Because this world is full of bloody homophobs?'
-Who on this board would be a homophobe? It's a Queen board for pittys sake.

*** And a Queen fan can't be a homophobe? Besides, she said "because this WORLD is full of homophobes" not "this board".

'I really can't see why would it be wrong?'
-It's wrong because the Constitution says it is.

*** Yeah, and the Constitution is always right, is it? Times are changing, laws are changins, outlooks on the world are changing. That's how it is and how it has always been - I for one won't keep it from continuing. If slavery was protected by the Constitution, would you keep slaves, now, in 2004? Why shouldn't gays have rights?

'It's very easy to judge and decide what's right and wrong for other people (i suppose you're straight).'
Who is judging? It's the law.

***If the law is judging something which major parts of the country realises is plain WRONG, is it not time to change that damned law? If some crazy dictator made a law that said no one had religious freedom or freedom of speach and no one no longer had rights in marriage, would you agree? No, you'd want the dictator removed and the law changed! Laws are there for the best of the people. Obviously, today's law concerning gay marriage is NOT for the best, is it?

'I'm sure you would've had different oppinion if you were gay yourself..'
-Not true in all accounts. I have several gay friends,and they think that a civil union that carries the same rights as as a marrige would would be just fine. That is really all they want. To be taken care of in the case of death or separation from their partner.

*** Then let them have a civil union at least, with the same rights. Still, that is to discriminate towards those gays who are Christians and who'd wish to have a Christian marriage. You can come here with sayings from the Bible if you wish, but I think that even Christians should be in for a little change by now.

If God intended us to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport.
Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 11 Mar 04, 11:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There is nothing in the Constitution that says gay marriage is illegal, that's why they want to amend it. Our Constitution (with a few changes over the years, such as the 13th, 14th, and 15th Amendments) is a great document. It's not to blame here.

And nice to see Harvey's making friends here.

DJ's the man we love the most
*the Time Guardian* user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3379 posts

Posted: 11 Mar 04, 12:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

:O he is??

woooow

TIMELESS
Mr Coolest Cat user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr Coolest Cat
Bohemian: 908 posts

Posted: 11 Mar 04, 12:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ah shucks Zeni, still talking about me eh.
To Mr Jingles, the reason im on a forum like this, as nothing to do, with a group that had a gay lead singer, its because of the same reason i like Elton, George Michael, Bowie Michael Stipe etc etc, because they are bloody good entertainers, nothing to do with sex, you sick twat, and because i like the mentioned singers and Freddie doesn't mean i have to like shirt lifters.

There must be more to life than this.
Little_Queenie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 558 posts

Posted: 11 Mar 04, 16:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lucy ok, first of all, I do not judge is it wright or wrong. I do not claim anything, I simply want to say that all people are the same and should have the same rights. No matter of their religion, race or sexual orientation. You say you have gay friends who also think gay marriages aren't right? Ok, fine, it is their choice. But why shouldn't gay people who do want to get married be able to do it? At least civil marriage. You know, there is this thing called TOLERANCE. The way we treat other people is the best indicator of what kind of persons we are. I also didn't say this notice board is full of homophobes, but the world in general. And unfortuntely it is true. The fact I am Queen fan doesn't have absolutely anything to do with my views about gays and gay marriages. My folks have always taught me that all human beings are the same, long before I met Queen and Freddie, and that I should respect everyones choice. So if two man want to get married, I don't see why not. So you see, I don't judge anything, I only want all people to have their right of choice and I fight for it. I can only imagine what kind of shit those people must suffer all their lives because people (not all of course) are intolerant, racists etc. I hate that. So what if there is a law?? Aren't people those who create law? And laws can change. And if I can help in any, even the smaller way, so that all people could have the same rights, I will sure as hell fight for it. I know if I were gay, I would like other people to support me, and not to judge me.

Give me a good guitar, and you can say that my hair's a disgrace, oh, just find me an open car - I'll make the speed of light out of this place...
geeksandgeeks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4296 posts

Posted: 11 Mar 04, 16:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"what? are you supporting Bush?!-he`s the biggest asshole of all time!!"

Birds of a feather...

God wants you to send me some money.

"Seven spades doubled, vulnerable, making seven? You BITCH."