Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > M. V. Ahundova's book "The Real Freddie Mercury".

forum rss feed
Author

Saffron Caribou user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2326 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Mar 04, 01:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just can't sleep.

I checked the news story and found out about that book. I read some of it, and then started to read it.

For the past hour I have been reading some parts of this book. I'll probably finish tomorrow. However, this book is just too unreal for words. This book is basically a conspiracy theory within itself.

As far as I've read this book:

1. Classifies homosexuality as a depravity, according to the author. Thus saying that Freddie was never a homosexual. Because his songs were never about loving another man, and that his faith shuns homosexuality (which is true).

2. Criticises almost all of the Freddie biographies in existance, making them known as false, depraved, and dirty accounts.

3. Freddie dying from AIDS was basically an agenda from the Gay Mafia. Proclaiming that the Gay Mafia KILLED Freddie, not literally of course.

There should be more shocking ditrabe, but I'll finish tomorrow. If you want, go ahead and read it yourselves.

http://allofqueen.on.ufanet.ru/book.html

When you open your heart to a smooth operator...
Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts

Posted: 11 Mar 04, 01:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've got it bookmarked but I'm too sleepy now. I'll take it with a grain of salt.. ridiculous, but perhaps entertaining reading :)

jorge user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 448 posts

Posted: 11 Mar 04, 02:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

1...Freddie was never a homosexual. Because his songs were never about loving another man...

Man Made Paradise !!!

And as the seasons turn the days to years

She holds her pictures, hears the silent cheers

The days grow lonely for the dancing Queen

And now she dances only in her dreams...

pma user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3462 posts

Posted: 11 Mar 04, 02:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Another person with the ability to find religious meanings and depths in ANY Queen song just about :-) (like in Now I'm Here and Dragon Attack....)

It is a "fun" read, if you like reading something written by a mentally disturbed homophobe. Nothing more.
The part where she describes the Bejart Ballet collaboration with Elton John shows some GREAT imagination (read mental illness) from her part.... that made me laugh.

"I think now I can make love to your anus without making God angry"

Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 11 Mar 04, 04:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think we discussed this book on QueenOnline some time ago (OK, yes, GUILTY, I was on QueenOnline for a while!). Undoubtedly this Russian book will win a "most stupid book of the year" award. I can't believe somebody can actually buy such shit.

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 11 Mar 04, 08:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<<(OK, yes, GUILTY, I was on QueenOnline for a while!)>>

Buahahahahahahaha...!!!!

Wait... I was there too........

RMT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 621 posts

Posted: 11 Mar 04, 08:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I post on QueenOnline too but I find it very unfriendly over there compared to here. I was talking about the early version of Let Me Live (the one that got withdrawn cause of the similarity to another track) and people didn't seem to know it and I felt like I was getting my head bitten off by people elsewhere.

"Tangerine wishes, rainbows that colour the love parade"
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 11 Mar 04, 08:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

IMO queenonline is MOSTLY for children, being amused by smileys, photos and the likes- looks like one big circus and to find any interesting thread (or even post) is extremely frustrating- you have to go through a lot of crap like "quote of the quote of the quote of the..." and the reply being a smiley face...

Krizzy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1806 posts

Posted: 11 Mar 04, 13:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The book in question was originally written in Russian. The author or rather an acquaintance of the author posted originally on QOL.

My thoughts on this "horse manure" have not changed. How dare this author assume what Bomi's relationship with his son was. Can he read minds?

How dare he/she undermine other authors works as clearly erroneous.

How dare the author say Freddie was not gay when clearly he was in love with a man Jim Hutton and shared his life until his untimely passing in 1991!

To me as a writer this author has an interesting if not inaccurate work of pure fiction based on supposed facts.

Kriz ;o)

Long Live Queen!!!
johnnymegabyte user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 1 posts

Posted: 11 Mar 04, 13:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

re: 1...Freddie was never a homosexual. Because his songs were never about loving another man...

Freddie's songs were never gender specific.
When sung man to woman, or woman to man ( plus any other combination ) the words don't change.

A good songwriter can make the song go both ways.
Freddie was a good songwriter that went both ways.

.............. Delilah was a CAT.

* Johnny Megabyte *

Trisonic77 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 40 posts

Posted: 11 Mar 04, 23:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What about good old fashioned lover boy? That wasn't about a chick was it.

Sicmot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 373 posts

Posted: 12 Mar 04, 00:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I dare to defend M.V Avhundovas opinions.. he's done very deep and throughly researches.. instead of those poof biography authors.. he named a few.. Its easy for you to smash his genuine ideas down, since you too have nothing else to scoop than those dozens of profound biogs to base your assimilated thoughts.. I truly recommend to read it comprehensively with thought.. Im not saying he's 100 % right in eveything.. but it sounds he's a very clever man and has put some serious thoughts pinpointing clear facts aside pure fictions..for example, I believe what he says about Freddies and Jim's relation.. too many illogicalities in the way Jim tries to prove how close they were.. I believe now Jim was only one of his three servants. Its up to you to make up your minds.. but give it a chance instead of being brainwashed idiots. :)

God created man from dust, man replied with sin and lust..
Kuku user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 341 posts

Posted: 12 Mar 04, 01:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"I believe now Jim was only one of his three servants. Its up to you to make up your minds.. but give it a chance instead of being brainwashed idiots."

Did Freddie have three servants? :|

And who's being brainwashed here? Perchance Sicmot, you yourself wrote the book? No matter, these kinds of message give me a reason to snort and chuckle for days.

I don't know why people have issues with anyone being gay or not. I have way more issues with Freddie being promiscuous. Love may know no bound, but sex should, in my humble opinion. But who is to judge? Keep judging and you may be judged accordingly.

Goodbye April lady, It's been good to have you around - Goodbye April lady, You've done a lot for the folks in this town...
pma user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3462 posts

Posted: 12 Mar 04, 03:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Aah, yes the book is full of DEEP research such as (and these are just minor examples)....

"
By the way, the main characteristic of the gay culture is its screaming tastelessness, flamboyance, vulgarity.
" - and many other hate-mongering homophobic rants.

The song "Your Kind Of Lover", is seen as proof that Freddie was never a homosexual... and other truly PATHETIC interpretations of the simplest songs.

"Remember that Englishmen are traditionally very xenophobic and don’t like the foreigners."

- And let's all remember Russians are traditionally intolerant of homosexuality and don't like "fags"... (Homosexuality was punishable by a prison sentence and many lesbians were sent to mental institutions as late as 1993)

Still no mention of "The Pied Piper Of Hamelin" by Robert Browning when analysing "My Fairy King". tsk tsk tsk, or would that fit into the whole religious anthem scene..ripping off parts of lyrics. Guess not.

Great research, especially I must applaude Ahundova for taking the time to get to know homosexual people and their culture. She really does seem like the expert.
Hurray :-/ (sarcasm). Funny that these freaks can come here and accuse us of believeing everything written in FM bios (which isn't really the case) however themselves blindly believe an opus, which is merely a piece of homophobic fanfiction written by a mentally deranged person. Nothing more or less. I can see this book gaining ground in cultures that are traditionally highly intolerant of homosexuality, but not amongst us westeners who've been brainwashed by the gay mafia....

"I think now I can make love to your anus without making God angry"

Mr. ProDJ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 219 posts

Posted: 24 Mar 04, 17:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So many quick posts....
Are You sure, you’ve read this book? Or your posts were based only on someone else’s words? I’m sure, not only mr. Scully read discussions on queenonline, when book appeared in Russia, but I can’t understand, why you repeating something, that has been said along time ago? I’m giving you a chance, to read this book, and to have your own opinion!
I’m not saying, that everything in this book is true – I don’t agree with many of Ahundova’s thoughts, but even then, it still worth reading.
And don’t say, that you’ve read it – man, who has read book won’t say this:
> 1...Freddie was never a homosexual. Because his songs were never about loving another man...
Man Made Paradise !!!<
Their is a big paragraph in this book about this song.

We must all see to believe...
Whisperer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1312 posts

Posted: 24 Mar 04, 17:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I haven't read that book yet, but I certainly will read it in the near future. What really makes me mad are all those people who start laughing immediately when they see or hear the word "conspiracy". Same happens when someone has a very extrem view on some matter - those same people start immediately to make fun of the person. Why can't you just give even the most impossible theory a chance? As history has proved, some of the most unbelievable theories have become reality.

My favourite conspiracy theories :-)

Paul McCarthy's death
Secret US force behind the 9/11 attacks
Roswell 1947

Give the book a chance!

Not those are losers who fall, but those who don't stand up.
Mr. ProDJ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 219 posts

Posted: 25 Mar 04, 01:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Say it's not true
You can say it's not right
It is hard to believe
The size of the crime

(just a quote :)

We must all see to believe...
AC user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1838 posts

Posted: 25 Mar 04, 07:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To me, it is clear that this book was written without even doing a little research.

An example? In the book you can read this:

Galileo, Galileo, Galileo, Galileo,

Galileo figaro Magnifico -

And, like a last hope, the choir calls: "Galileo figaro magnifico". It's the key phrase, which reveals the entire meaning of the song, and usually it isn't translated by the researchers. And, if they DO translate it, they translate it from Italian, getting "Galileo is a great barber".

What Galileo? What has barber to do with that?

Yes, it's a nonsense. But don't make Freddie an idiot. Actually, it's a slightly corrupted Latin phrase, "Galileo figuro magnifico" - translated as "Magnify the Galilean's image". "Galileo", repeated five times, translated from the Latin as "Jesus Christ" - that was His name in the ancient Rome.

1) The translation to Italian of "Galileo figaro magnifico" is quite debatable: it's like translating "Join is a great singer" in "John great Freddie Mercury". In my opinion, this is wrong.

2) The translation of "Galieo figuro magnifico" in Latin is TOTALLY WRONG! It doesn't mean "Magnify the Galilean's image", it probably means something like "I exalt I create at/for Galileo". Completely different. It should have been something like "Galilaeae figuram magnifico", which has not a lot to do with "Galileo figuro magnifico", even less with "Galileo figaro magnifico".
At least, this shows that the author doesn't know Latin and clearly invented some words

It took me about 2 minutes to find the correct translation in Latin...

Congratulations.

And this was just a quote.

That time will come, one day you'll see that i'll be dead and you will laugh!
Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 25 Mar 04, 10:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

just ask Malina, she probably co-wrote it.....but dont ask for the authors address!

Chom own mudder fukker.
Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2390 posts

Posted: 25 Mar 04, 11:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It beggers belief that this book hasn't had some kind of legal action taken out against it and the author, I guess originating in Russia it has gone largly under the radar screen but all the same, there are so many elements that any number of people could get stroppy about.

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"