Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > spending spree..need help!

forum rss feed
Author

fairymercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 0 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Mar 04, 13:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

okay i have been a Queen fan for a long long time, the first thing i bought was Queen live at wembley '86 (on tape) when i was 10yrs old (1994). Only recently i have become a major (bordering on an obsessive..) fan. So i have been on a spending spree and have bought most of their albums and dvds, i know there are a few ablums missing that i havent got, but i would be very grateful if people could read my list and tell me what im missing so i can bulk buy, in the words of Queen, i want it all i want it now:
CD's:
Queen
Queen II
Sheer heart attack
A day at the races
A night at the opera
News of the world
Jazz
Queen live killers
The Game
Hot space
The works
Innuendo
Made in heaven

DVD's
Queen live at wembly
Freddie mercury tribute concert
Greatest Video hits 1&2

I dont think thats a bad list considering i've only been buying for a few months. I would love to have a list of what i'm missing so i can tick it off as i buy! Thank you ;D

"So please don't go away, don't leave me here all by myself, i get ever so lonely from time to time...."
Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts

Posted: 12 Mar 04, 14:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well I'd say you should at least get the rest of the studio albums, which are:

Flash Gordon (1980) - only if you really think you'd like it.. personally I don't own this.. only a couple of vocal tracks, the rest are soundtrack music from the film.. still kinda cool.. I'll probably get it eventually :)

A Kind Of Magic (1986) - essential to own

The Miracle (1989)- essential to own

And you might want to think about the greatest hits albums. They all contain unique versions of some songs. You can get the 3 volumes in one nice package called The Platinum Collection.

There's also 'Rocks', a collection of their heavier songs. Some are unique versions, but it does have a glitch on 'Fat Bottomed Girls' in all editions and the one new song, 'No One But You' is available on the 3rd Greatest Hits, so this might not be a necessary purchase.

As for DVDs, the only official one you're missing is 'We Will Rock You', a concert from 1981. It was remastered and released in a special edition in 2001 on DVD... make sure you get the right version with the whole band on the cover.

And then there's the solo works...

Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 12 Mar 04, 14:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"There's also 'Rocks', a collection of their heavier songs. Some are unique versions, but it does have a glitch on 'Fat Bottomed Girls' in all editions and the one new song, 'No One But You' is available on the 3rd Greatest Hits, so this might not be a necessary purchase."

I bought 'Rocks' just to get the new version of 'T Can't Live With You'. It was worth the $15 bucks... I think...

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
fairy_mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 94 posts

Posted: 12 Mar 04, 14:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thanks...oh yeh forgot to say i have the Queen platinum...goes without saying hehe! I'm off shopping 2moro yay ;D and for some bizzare reason my username has changed which is damned annoying as i prefer fairymercury but i cant seem to change it back

"another tricky situation, i get to drowning in the blues, and i find myself thinking..well...what would you do?"
jorge user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 448 posts

Posted: 12 Mar 04, 23:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

essential DVDs:

We Will Rock You (Montreal '81)
the best official concert of Queen (even better that Queen in Budapest)

Queen Rocks Video (new videos and versions totally different)

And as the seasons turn the days to years

She holds her pictures, hears the silent cheers

The days grow lonely for the dancing Queen

And now she dances only in her dreams...

AC user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1838 posts

Posted: 13 Mar 04, 09:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Essential CD: At The BBC

That time will come, one day you'll see that i'll be dead and you will laugh!
ilizarov user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2859 posts

Posted: 13 Mar 04, 12:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"I bought 'Rocks' just to get the new version of 'T Can't Live With You'. It was worth the $15 bucks... I think..."

- cant agree there unfortunatley. I tyhink 'rocks' is the biggest rip off in the queen catalogue (yes, even more so than GH3)

There's more to life than a bulletin board.
fairy_mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 94 posts

Posted: 14 Mar 04, 06:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

okay been shopping and have come back with the missing albums on my list except Queen at the Beeb...and also found and just had to buy Queen Magic 3 VHS boxset....i spent £90 in that shop (not all on Queen i have to say!!!)...me and my bloosy music! ;D

"another tricky situation, i get to drowning in the blues, and i find myself thinking..well...what would you do?"
Dubroc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dubroc
Bohemian: 522 posts

Posted: 14 Mar 04, 07:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Buy the solo stuff later on.
Get it in order of release so you can grow with the changes of the music.
For example: if you listen to Roger's first album you will know thew background of his solomusic.

Freddie's boxset is absolutely something to have.

We must all see to believe...