Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > is freddie really at peace?

forum rss feed
Author

paris user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 0 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Mar 04, 14:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hey.
i read in a freddie biography once that his parents religious laws said that when someone dies they must be brought back to the country were they were born and buried on holy ground so that they could be at peace,but freddie was burned and his ashes were divided umong his family and friends so he couldnt possibly be at peace.

forever and for always.
bleeding heart show user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 404 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 04, 14:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

we'll find out when we join him ......

that's enough about me, now, what do you think of me ?
Sir Archie 'Tiffany' Leach user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1331 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 04, 15:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

His ashes were shared between his family.

Where's your proof?
When did the Bulsara's become the Addams Family?

Nancy Astor : "If I were your wife I would put poison in your coffee".

Winston Churchill : "And if I were your husband I would drink it".
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 04, 15:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who are these people?

Where the fuck are they coming from?

Brian's hair, Freddie's arse (and all issues related thereto), what's that tune with "galileo" in it....

Read a fucking biography!

As It Began was translated into at least a dozen languages, and dozens more have been written since. In addition there are loads of sites with brief biogarphies, including the official site & the official fanclub sites.

Once you've taken the time to grasp the basics, feel free to ask the really unusual questions, like why there are beeps on Live Killers....

Flashman user not visiting Queenzone.com
Flashman
Deity: 4523 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 04, 16:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Welcoming bunch ain't we?

Don't worry your head Paris, this is just our way of saying 'Hello'.

FLASHMAN STRIKES AGAIN!

Paul Rodgers is not the best thing since fried Fred.
geeksandgeeks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4296 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 04, 16:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Flashman - would it be wrong for me to say, I love you, man?

Paris - since almost no one else has bothered to even attempt to be helpful, it's a Zoroastrian belief. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any of us are Zoroastrians. Believe whatever you want. Personally, I figure that at the moment Fred doesn't know or care about much of anything. Considering what's going on, that's probably a very good thing.

God wants you to send me some money.

"Seven spades doubled, vulnerable, making seven? You BITCH."
Somebody to loveeeee user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 421 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 04, 16:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What ís that with those beeps on Live Killers, PG? Also, what's the tune you hear at the beginning of Brighton Rock??

I forgot my password again.
Sir Archie 'Tiffany' Leach user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1331 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 04, 16:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Didn't PG give her some useful leads?

Eg Books, internet etc

Nancy Astor : "If I were your wife I would put poison in your coffee".

Winston Churchill : "And if I were your husband I would drink it".

Posted: 16 Mar 04, 17:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, you could argue that, but there's a concept called "not making a prig out of yourself".

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 04, 19:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with PG. I am fed up with people showing up on this board asking questions like the above which is a conglomerate of half knowledge and full nonsense. Is Freddie a demon, who gave him the virus, what happened to his ashes, should Hutton be dead etc ad infinitum. Of course, everybody can ask what they want but they have to take the answers. If we don't want Queenzone to turn into the playground of all kind of loonies with decent and intelligent posts being marginalised, we should not encourage this nonsense. I am a patient person but right now I've had it with these people.

I do not want any google ads here.

Saffron Caribou user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2326 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 04, 20:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think a FAQ is in order.

Also I always thought that Freddie was in a urn, not in peace.

I wonder where peace really is?

Bah.

PS I don't think this is a board threatening question. It's more of a philosophical one.

When you open your heart to a smooth operator...

Posted: 16 Mar 04, 21:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Exactly, Marie.

Look, some of these people are also probably new fans. Would it really be that hard to help them along?

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 04, 03:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Absolutely correct geeks.

Would it not be equally straightforward for them to do a bit of their own research too though?

I'm not asking people to be omniscient before they turn up, but do a little background instead of turning up here the first time you hear CLTCL on the radio asking if those Elvis impersonators did any albums?

To emphasise the point, wasn't there a thread the other day asking if Freddie was really dead?

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 04, 03:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't think it's a philosophical question. I fact, it's pure rubbish and it's sure not the most pressing question for a new fan. Let's see what we have:

"i read in a freddie biography once that his parents religious laws said that when someone dies they must be brought back to the country were they were born and buried on holy ground so that they could be at peace" -

That's nonsense. I strongly doubt that was written in any "biography" ever. Just type "Parsee burial rites" into a google search bar and you'll learn within minutes about the Towers Of Silence and the most basic Parsee traditions - if you really want to know.

"but freddie was burned and his ashes were divided umong his family and friends so he couldnt possibly be at peace"

More nonsense. Rumours and gossip. Nobody ever said that Freddie's ashes were divided. Moreover, it's nobody's business. You may think it's okay to pry into a family's most intimate and private affairs but it's maybe not the smartest thing to do when you post your first message on a notice board. This is not about helping a fan on, it's about what kind of topics we want to dominate this message board.

I do not want any google ads here.

Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2390 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 04, 04:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who the hell keeps making up this crap about his ashes, the only place I've ever heard this rubbish is from a couple of numpties here, where are they getting it from?

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
freddies_chicka user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 263 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 04, 09:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't mean to be mean as well, but read before you ask. I am tired of the newbies that come on here and aske the most easiest questions! (ig, who wrote we are the champoins?) (excuse the french) It pisses me off, that some people come on here claiming to be queen fans, and dont even know th fucking basics.

Not aimed at you paris. This is just a rant!

QUEEN'S MY BAND, AND FREDDIES MY MAN!

along with roger

I often watch the old videos because of their pants.
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 04, 11:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's becoming more and more irritating...
Is Freddie in peace...? Well read fatty's recent story, you'll find out what's happening with Freddie....

And FAQ is a really good idea, but without any moderator the questions will still appear, that's for sure. Then again- I'm agains any moderator (so is Richard himself). Is being mean the only way...? Shit, seems like...

Posted: 17 Mar 04, 16:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

P_G, that doesn't mean we can't just tell them something that's perfectly common knowledge among we Queen fans. Okay, I don't want newbies coming on and asking "What was Roger's average driving speed when he was on the Dixie Dieway and drunk?" or something equally ludicrous. But nowhere else on the Web where I belong do people get this snippy when someone comes on asking what they were under the impression was a perfectly innocent question.

If no one minds me saying, I prefer this to the standard "Oh, everyone, I'm so depressed I could DIE, I think John's D string may have been out of tune on such and such song at such and such second..."

SallyJ. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 689 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 04, 16:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"I am fed up with people showing up on this board asking questions like the above which is a conglomerate of half knowledge and full nonsense. Is Freddie a demon, who gave him the virus, what happened to his ashes, should Hutton be dead etc ad infinitum. Of course, everybody can ask what they want but they have to take the answers. If we don't want Queenzone to turn into the playground of all kind of loonies with decent and intelligent posts being marginalised, we should not encourage this nonsense."

YV, very well said. I couldn't agree more.

FM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 706 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 04, 16:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"i read in a freddie biography once that his parents religious laws said that when someone dies they must be brought back to the country were they were born and buried on holy ground so that they could be at peace"

Yes, I read that this was their beliefs also, but because they were in England they had to modernize their customs. Phoebe also mentioned in his book that he was happy that Freddie had wanted to be cremated in his will because that was his parents beliefs. And, because he was not married, his parents would have the last word as to Freddie.
On another note, Paris, don't be discouraged about asking anything and offering your views on Freddie or Queen as this is what a Queen forum is all about.