Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Segment of my version of Dreamers B.

forum rss feed
Author

Another Roger (re) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 442 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Mar 04, 06:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know using a midi is quite lame. But I dont have the equipment to play guitar over it. My brother have a gibson Les Paul, but it doesnt sound very good when I connect it directly to the soundcard. Any Ideas?

Well, this edited version is just 20 seconds or something. Its adds nothing new to the song i think, only me trying to do it properly. Anyway, see for yourself here: www.heiafk.com/db.mp3

Basically blind em and deaf em in the first 10 minutes, and while they are recovering from that put in the less good songs
Flashman user not visiting Queenzone.com
Flashman
Deity: 4523 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 04, 11:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's amongst the finest Stylophone playing I've ever heard.

FLASHMAN STRIKES AGAIN!

Paul Rodgers is not the best thing since fried Fred.
Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 04, 01:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Posted: 31 Mar 04, 03:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hehe. I know. But it was fun trying to do the vocals. The music is a midi of course, so its bound to be boring. I am going to try to make the muic myself, with some help from my brother. We`ll see how it works out.

Basically blind em and deaf em in the first 10 minutes, and while they are recovering from that put in the less good songs

Posted: 31 Mar 04, 03:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That was a doublepost. What Can i say...eh.. I hope Tranmere Rovers win on saturday!

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 04, 09:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"The music is a midi of course, so its bound to be boring."

My cover has midi in it. It's what you do with it that counts!

Didn't really like this one. Btw R, where are the new covers? It's been almost two weeks since the last one.

Peace,
Adam.

Posted: 31 Mar 04, 10:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thats alright adam. I didnt expect standing ovations for this thing. And its very hard to do any Queen song justice, in fact very few are even close. In fact the instrumentals that are uploaded is the only ones i really like. Brighton Rock and misfire. I think a Winters Tale is well done by you. But the harmonies sound very pale compared to the Queen version. And a bit Strange. But no doubt you did good work.

And yes, midis are incredibly boring, that goes for your midisamples as well. The real thing is always the best, for me at least.

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 04, 11:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I was worried about uploading my AWT demo because those harmonies are from 1998/9 when I first started recording. My voice wasn't as good and they're not well mixed. But I do like the effect just before the last verse. Comparisons with my 2001 lead vocal proves that I learned!

Btw, midi is only a language to talk to keyboard module sounds etc. I recorded myself playing keyboard and this was recorded into my sequencer and played back. That's how most artists record their keyboards. It allows for more control. I guess if you don't like keyboard sounds at all, then that explains what you meant by boring.

Peace,
Adam.

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 04, 11:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LMAO OMG that sounds like Kermit!!!!

Killed by drones.

Posted: 31 Mar 04, 11:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I didnt mean to be rude Adam. I thought you did well, and you can be proud of what you did.

jorge user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 448 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 04, 07:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey you voice is like Paul McCartney, and if we forgot the MIDI music, is a good version.

And as the seasons turn the days to years

She holds her pictures, hears the silent cheers

The days grow lonely for the dancing Queen

And now she dances only in her dreams...

Bohardy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2447 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 04, 10:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with Jorge really.

That kind of MIDI's never gonna sound 'good', but to say the version sucks is a little harsh in my opinion.

There's something about Roger's voice that made me smile in a good way when I heard it, and most of the MIDI backing is 'correct', it's just that the sounds are pure cheese.

Gullibility and credulity are considered undesirable qualities in every department of human life -- except religion.
Sicmot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 373 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 04, 15:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There's no rule saying you cant do a midi cover.. :) I think Im going to make my version of Mother love over the original instrumental version.. perhaps even Made in heaven.. other than those I rely on those midi versions which sounds decent enough...

God created man from dust, man replied with sin and lust..