Forums > Personal > David Cross

forum rss feed
Author

Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Apr 04, 23:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I LOVE David Cross! Have you ever seen "Mr. Show: With Bob And David" Amanda? It is QUITE funny! By the way, When's the show? I'm sure you'll have a blast! :D

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 02 Apr 04, 00:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

See him live. He is definitely one of the funniest comedians ever. I saw Mr. Show in Philadelphia in September 2002, and they were all hilarious. The PA system kept wonking out on them, and they would take the piss all night.

Also, pick up "Shut Up You Fucking Baby" (which is by far one of the best comedy albums ever) and the DVD "Let America Laugh", which chronicles his 2002 American tour. And, of course, Mr. Show DVDs - I think they're up to season four now.

D.Blythe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 581 posts

Posted: 02 Apr 04, 11:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

David Cross is one of the funniest people I have ever heard. He may not be funny in a "one-liner" way, but in a sketch situation or telling a story he is hilarious. A good example is his stint as a co-host on the Jimmy Kimmel show. His forte was not sitting in on the interviews interjecting one-liners, but during the sketches he was very good, especially the "Crossing Over with David Cross" segment.

I loved Mr. Show, especially Ronnie Dobbs.

FAHRENHEIT 911

"Truth is the greatest of all national possessions. A state, a people, a system which suppresses the truth or fears to publish it, deserves to collapse" Kurt Eisner

Daburcor?

Posted: 02 Apr 04, 13:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"I loved Mr. Show, especially Ronnie Dobbs."

Heck year! Ronnie Dobbs was one of the best characters on that show! You really should try to get your grubby lil' mits on those DVD's Manda, They are QUITE good! ;p

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
Sir Archie 'Tiffany' Leach user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1331 posts

Posted: 02 Apr 04, 19:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have no idea who you're on about. That said if Miss James says he is a good egg then that's fine with me.

I'm drunk again.

Bugger.

Nancy Astor : "If I were your wife I would put poison in your coffee".

Winston Churchill : "And if I were your husband I would drink it".
Daburcor?

Posted: 02 Apr 04, 20:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LMAO!

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 02 Apr 04, 23:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir Archie Leach wrote:

I have no idea who you're on about. That said if Miss James says he is a good egg then that's fine with me.

I'm drunk again.

Bugger.

I said he was good to. What of that?