Forums > Personal > Urusei Yatsura (Those Obnoxious Aliens) anime

forum rss feed
Author

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Apr 04, 15:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Does anyone remember this old anime series?

I just got into it over the last few days, thanks to the same friend who got me into Inu Yasha, and I've got about the first 10 or so episodes on DVD R, fansubbed.

For some odd reason, this anime seems familiar to me, as if I had watched it as a kid in Germany in the late 80's/early 90's, but the thing is, I read that it wasn't dubbed for English audiences for 1992 and so on, so I am not too sure if I did see this or not. It just seems oddly familiar.....hmmm....

But anyways, if any of you guys remember this show, please share your thoughts.

Personally I think it's very interesting, even though the music dates it (but then, it was an early 1980's show :P ). And what's more interesting is that it was made by the same people that made Ranma 1 1/2 and Inu Yasha (creator wise)

Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 02 Apr 04, 15:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't really like it. As for Inu Yasha and Ranma, They're pretty cool! Takahashi rules! :D

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 02 Apr 04, 15:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Which episode was (or is) this?

hamsters user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1539 posts

Posted: 02 Apr 04, 15:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GAH! I love that show... I was like obsessed with in in 6th grade...they had it on sunday nights on public television... I liked the vampire one... oh and there was this one where they went to fuedal japan or something...hmm yeah.
the music kicked butt too ^_^

"Big Man the Laltain sahib, Small Man the Mombatti."

-Arundhati Roy, THE GOD OF SMALL THINGS