Forums > Personal > You're all invited to a dinner party - except Charles Baer.

forum rss feed
Author

Sir Archie 'Tiffany' Leach user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1331 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Apr 04, 18:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was having luncheon at the Reform Club the other day when somebody put it to me that if you were to throw a dinner party which six people would you invite. Considering the people still have to be alive that ruled out Audrey Hepburn and old Boney. Anyway after little thought my six guests would be:

Billy Connelly - you need a joker, however I would have to limit his language on account of my next guest.
Miss James - she could regale guests with her 'children conversations' and Rocky Horror anecdotes.
Baroness Thatcher - political chat and Blair bashing.
Dustin Hoffman - he must have some titbits to tell and I could practice my 'Rain Man' impression on him.
Jeremy Clarkson - there would be a ban on car talk but I'm sure he could wind Mrs T up
Audrey Tautou - someone to practise my French on.

I suppose I should have a chef or a sports person in there but I can't be arsed. Ivan Lendl and that Worrel Thompson bloke can come next week!

If you can be bothered who would you invite?

Nancy Astor : "If I were your wife I would put poison in your coffee".

Winston Churchill : "And if I were your husband I would drink it".
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 04, 18:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well let's see... I'm not really a fan of that many people, So, some of the six may be faked.

My brother Shane - If there's any Buffy/Angel fans there, He'll fit in just fine. He can be good company as well.
Miss James - She's my best bud, And she's funny as hell! She'd have to be there!
Janet - She's Funny as hell also! As long as we give her plenty of gummis, I think she'd keep up the comedy.
Billy Joel - To sing/play piano. Also funny as hell.
Brian May - To play guitar. In the all-star band ;)
Liberty De Vito - To play the drums. They'd make quite a neat band. ;)

So there you have it, That's my list. Though, I think they'd be the ONLY people there. Well, Aside from me anyhow.

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 04, 20:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For my amusement:

hunter thompson
homer simpson
oliver stone
dennis hopper
christopher hitchens
michael palin

or for undertable manipulation:

Denise Richards
Jerry Ryan
Jolene Blalock
Natasha Kinski
Christina Ricci
Helen Slater

and the dinner guests from your nightmares:

the pope
mel gibson
ben elton
ann coulter
tony slattery
gary bushell

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
hamsters user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1539 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 04, 20:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hmmm...
My Boyfriend- because he's the most special person in the world to me.
Gackt- because he makes absolutely no sense and is gorgeous, and it would also be nice to have someone so charming to speak japanese with.
My Best Friend C2- She's my best friend and I love her to death so why not?
Mana of Malice Mizer- Because the dinner party needs general weirdness
Takashi Murakami- To discuss art and fashion with
I feel tempted to say David Beckham for my sixth guest but no, Im gonna settle with my mom because shes much more special than david beckham...but then she probably wouldnt enjoy dinner because of all the random japaneseness going on

"Big Man the Laltain sahib, Small Man the Mombatti."

-Arundhati Roy, THE GOD OF SMALL THINGS
rhapsody__87 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 971 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 04, 20:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Takashi Murakami... how great were those rainbow Louis Vuitton bags that he collaborated on? God, I LOVE those! :-)

...Erica*

"I don't judge others. I say if you feel good with what you're doing, let your freak flag fly."

--Sarah Jessica Parker

Posted: 04 Apr 04, 20:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love the EYes LOVE YOU and the Sakura ones... I have a pink sakura bag with matching wallet...cherish it to deaht i tell you... mmhmm. I also have a belt... wear it every single day.
I however admire his artwork more than his fashion collaborations, seeing as the SFMOMA has a big Murakami collection its amazing to go up and see one of your artistic idols work just there... phenomenal.

Posted: 04 Apr 04, 20:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh wow... I've never seen his artwork before. Is there perhaps a website I could look at to view some of it?

It's awful though how all over my school there are imitations of the Murakami's that people got on Canal Street.

...Erica*

"I don't judge others. I say if you feel good with what you're doing, let your freak flag fly."

--Sarah Jessica Parker

Posted: 04 Apr 04, 20:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.jca-online.com/murakami.html
http://www.takashimurakami.com/
the first one is an interview with some photos of his work in it and the second is just rather good all around XD

It is awful, I see people and they walk up to me asking me if its real (because Im only 16...XD and not famous) and Im like, "LOok at the serial number, honey." and uggh, I cringe whenever i see a bad fake out there...
Heh, guess that makes me a snot.

Posted: 04 Apr 04, 21:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Trust me you're not a snot-- I got my first LV at 16 and acquired another one this past Hannukah. I think I'm unintentionally bratty because here, especially, I make mean comments when I don't mean it then feel really bad about a day later.

It's a bad process, really! But I'll definitely go check out those websites!

...Erica*

--Sarah Jessica Parker

Posted: 04 Apr 04, 21:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hmm I make plenty of mean comments too.. but I think thats because I cant help being bitchy... and my mom lets me know it too XD "You're so mean! No wonder people dont like you! Why Don't you ever smile? You always scowl..." XD
Hmmm, its not bitchy, its called being highly irritable and having high standards. XD

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 04, 21:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bill Wyman
Elvis Costello
Seth MacFarlane
Zach Braff
John C. McGinley
Dustin Hoffman
Bill Clinton
Mandy Moore (she'd be my date / girlfriend)
iGSM
Charles Baer, so that we can throw custard pies at him until he passes out from custard inhalation, then throw him into the decorative pond next door.

Daburcor?

Posted: 04 Apr 04, 21:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If I'm invited, You'd bette make a lot. *is reeeeeeeeeally hungry right now* ;)

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel

Posted: 04 Apr 04, 21:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bizarro iGSM-- you're lucky that Mandy broke up with Andy Roddick so you can really go to the dinner with her!

And not to be late to the party, so to say, but who is Charles Baer, why do we hate him and yes, I am prepared for sarcastic comments haha :)

...Erica*

--Sarah Jessica Parker
Daburcor?

Posted: 04 Apr 04, 21:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here is an example of Chuck's handy work:
http://www.queenzone.com/queen/forum/topic_view.asp?Q_FORUM_ID=3&Q_FORUM_NAME=Personal&Q_FORUM_TOPIC_ID=341249&TOPIC_SUBJECT=I+am+god

THIS is why we don't much care for him. ;)

D.Blythe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 581 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 04, 21:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My six?

Richard Nixon- a fascinating person. Larry King once said that of all of the people he has interviewed over the years, Richard Nixon was the best guest because he could talk intelligently about almost anything, from politics to baseball.

Clint Eastwood- also a very interesting person with a wide range of interests and influences.

Sam Peckinpah- Like Eastwood, more than he has been made out to be. An interesting man with opinions he was not afraid to offer.

Joan Crawford- Like Peckinpah, more that SHE has been made out to be. A beautiful woman in her time, she was also not afraid to offer her opinions.

Myrna Loy- Every dinner party needs a beautiful woman with wit and charm to keep the conversation moving.

Sophia Loren- Because I want her there.

FAHRENHEIT 911

"Truth is the greatest of all national possessions. A state, a people, a system which suppresses the truth or fears to publish it, deserves to collapse" Kurt Eisner

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 04, 22:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rhapsody__87 wrote:

Bizarro iGSM-- you're lucky that Mandy broke up with Andy Roddick so you can really go to the dinner with her!

they did?? hot damn!

Posted: 04 Apr 04, 22:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YEAH they did!!! I was like DAMN no more Mandy and Andy [insert 'awwwww'] Rod-dick.

Not really. I don't care for them and he's kind of funny looking. What an unfortunate last name. I mean, what if he can't live up to it?

Wow, that was incredibly 13 years old of me... I apologize :X

...Erica*

--Sarah Jessica Parker

Posted: 04 Apr 04, 22:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for that Danno... he's an individual, that Chuckster.

This is in his UserInfo:
"I was born and raised in santa cruz , california. I went to high school in newport , rhode island. I went to college on the big island of hawaii. then I moved to santa fe , new mexico. in 1999 , I moved to portland , oregon , usa. I will stay here forever or until I move to australia , which ever comes first. I have never been married and have zero kids. its gunna stay that way. however , if your a hot single chick in portland , call me up , 503 - 830 - 7978"

Mmmmkay. I feel embarassed to have a LiveJournal too. :D

...Erica*

--Sarah Jessica Parker

Posted: 04 Apr 04, 23:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dude, dont feel embaressed about having an LJ because everyone elso on the planet does...
*is pissed off because she was one week short of being an early member or whatever those are called*

iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 04, 00:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Fonz - I'm impressed at his ability to tell people to sit on it. I'm inviting him so he can tell us what 'it' is.

Eric Idle/Michael Palin/John Cleese/Terry Jones - They would dine with me then eat my spine.

John Deacon - Just to prove he is still alive. Then we'd be off to a Strip Club.

And a bottle of rat urine too.

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!