Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > A Question About Freddie To Get You Thinking

forum rss feed
Author

mr mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
mr mercury
Deity: 4632 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Apr 04, 18:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here's something to get you thinking.

Lets assume Freddie kept a load of diary's and just before his death, someone stole them and then sold the rights to them to a publisher who then printed them. Would you then buy them because your a fan of Freddie and collect everything to do with him, or burn them because these were the personal and private thoughts of him?

Now be honest in your answer here.

As for me, I'd burn them but I am just curious to know what you guys might think cause I often think that certain questions that keep arising could be well and truly answered i.e what was Bo Rhap about or who gave him Aids, etc.

Dave

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
rhapsody__87 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 971 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 04, 19:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh dear, I hate these kinds of questions but I'd keep the diaries and stuff... and then I'd probably read them. I know he'd want his privacy but they're probably worth too much to burn them, you know? Ergg...

...Erica*

"I don't judge others. I say if you feel good with what you're doing, let your freak flag fly."

--Sarah Jessica Parker
Adam who?????
mr mercury

Posted: 10 Apr 04, 19:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Matt

Dave

Sir Archie 'Tiffany' Leach user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1331 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 04, 19:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well if they were getting published anyway I'd read them. Seeing as Freddie is still alive according to Fatty this is purely speculation.

Nancy Astor : "If I were your wife I would put poison in your coffee".

Winston Churchill : "And if I were your husband I would drink it".
Into La Ment user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 160 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 04, 20:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

God, that's a really tough question. Honestly, if they were published, my curiosity would probably get the better of me after a while, and I'd end up reading them...
I think they'd be rather interesting, but I guess there are some things I'd rather not know... the meaning of Bo Rhap, for example. It'd rather spoil it I think, but that's just my opinion.

Previously known as 'Poodle Permed'.
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 04, 22:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm sure if someone stole them, Queen Productions would sue the ever-living daylights out of the publishing company that eventually published them, to the point that they would be retracted from sale and everyone who had bought a copy would be banished to the outer ranks of Hell.

But, hypothetically speaking, yes I would.

MexQueenFM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 13266 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 04, 23:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would read them

Mejor yo me hecho una chela, y chance enchufo una chava, chambeando de chafirete, me sobra chupe y pachanga

Tranzando de arriba a abajo, hay va la chilanga banda , chinchin si me la recuerdan
Mayboy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6181 posts

Posted: 11 Apr 04, 06:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would read them too

"I'm going up Buchanan Street

With a box of fireworks

And two bottles of

Tizer"

Adam who?????
mr mercury

Posted: 11 Apr 04, 07:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir Archie Leach wrote:

Well if they were getting published anyway I'd read them. Seeing as Freddie is still alive according to Fatty this is purely speculation.

LOL Sir Archie - I forgot about that

Dave

chancelloramethyst user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 152 posts

Posted: 11 Apr 04, 11:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bizarro iGSM wrote:

I'm sure if someone stole them, Queen Productions would sue the ever-living daylights out of the publishing company that eventually published them, to the point that they would be retracted from sale and everyone who had bought a copy would be banished to the outer ranks of Hell.

But, hypothetically speaking, yes I would.

Then again, at the rate Brian's going he might just print them--more money for Queen Productions!

~~~

"You haven't lived until you've swallowed Freddie Mercury's cum." -- Roger Taylor

~~~
geeksandgeeks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4296 posts

Posted: 11 Apr 04, 13:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I already violated one man's privacy by reading his diaries nine or so years after he died (and they were very interesting and extremely helpful), why not another's?

I trust I don't have to explain who I'm talking about.

Curiosity would get the better of me, because it always does. But the likelihood of it happening is very slim, as Freddie was Mr. Private Person.

God wants you to send me some money.

"Seven spades doubled, vulnerable, making seven? You BITCH."
Adam who?????
mr mercury

Posted: 11 Apr 04, 16:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

geeksandgeeks wrote:

Well, I already violated one man's privacy by reading his diaries nine or so years after he died (and they were very interesting and extremely helpful), why not another's?

I trust I don't have to explain who I'm talking about.

Curiosity would get the better of me, because it always does. But the likelihood of it happening is very slim, as Freddie was Mr. Private Person.

No probs geeks, at least you gave your answer.

And if anyone's curious as to why I thought of this question in the first place. It was because I was watching "An Audience With Kenneth Williams" on the Biography channel and happened to remember that this happened to him.

Dave

Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 11 Apr 04, 16:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wouldn't. No way. That kind of thing is WAY too personal. I didn't think it was a good idea to print Kurt Cobain's diaries either, It's quite disrespectful to the deceased. I for one would feel violated if anyone were to read my diaries, journals, notebooks, etc... That's just wrong. So, No. I'd not even give it a first glance.

Manda, Keep that fire burning! I have some stuff to throw in. LOL!

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel

Posted: 11 Apr 04, 17:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maestro Corson wrote:

I wouldn't. No way. That kind of thing is WAY too personal. I didn't think it was a good idea to print Kurt Cobain's diaries either, It's quite disrespectful to the deceased. I for one would feel violated if anyone were to read my diaries, journals, notebooks, etc... That's just wrong. So, No. I'd not even give it a first glance.

Manda, Keep that fire burning! I have some stuff to throw in. LOL!

Actually, I thought it was a good idea in retrospect to publish the Cobain diaries. I had doubts about it at first, but upon reading them - well, let's just say it gave me a whole new reason to hate Richard Lee. It made a view people see him as a human being rather than a god. In his case, we needed that. Oh, did we ever need that.

Freddie, on the other hand, is an entirely different matter. He was an odd character. I don't think there was anyone who fully understood him - I don't think he understood himself. Reading his diaries might just freak a lot of people out. But for we hardcore fans, it might answer a lot of questions.

dragonzflame user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2456 posts

Posted: 11 Apr 04, 21:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd read them.
Hell, I don't think Anne Frank is too bothered about people studying her diaries at school, and I don't think Freddie's hypothetical diaries are any different.

When life hands you lemons, add vodka.
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 11 Apr 04, 21:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have to admit, Geeks, you have sparked my interest in your answers. I probably would read them for the curiosity and the knowledge of who he really was. I've only ever read one book on Freddie/Queen and that was Lesley-Ann Jones' book.
This kind of stuff is always going to be interesting and I'd love to understand him more than I do. Hear the funny stories and generally hear about what he thought.

Peace,
Adam.

Lord Blackadder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1163 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 04, 08:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

id read them. Who cares what people think when your dead?

"I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull"
-fatty- 2850 user not visiting Queenzone.com
-fatty- 2850
Deity: 2029 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 04, 08:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I already own Freddie's diaries and will be publishing them on Queenzone just as soon as I have finished writing them.

fatty.

MenthylatedGin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 12 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 04, 14:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thinking that Freddie wrote the diary, he would want someone to read them. Just from my personal experience, I've always wrote my diaries in hope that someone would read them, and comfort me and my problem. So, I would read them. That way, I could know more about Freddie and the enviroment that he lived in.Then all of his fans could understand him better, and see a diffrent aspect to him, and his music. Although, that would all depend on what he wrote about. Although, I would seriously doubt that Freddie would have ever written a diary. So, I doubt Queen fans will ever have to worry about this event. I think we should enjoy what Freddie gave us willingly. His music.
Sorry for being so seriouse! ^^;

Here's another question:
What would you do if you found out the person that gave Freddie AIDS was still alive? ( Highly doubtful...)

Posted: 12 Apr 04, 16:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If my own theory on this is correct, Gin, he's not.

But if he were, I'd leave him be. People really didn't know what was going on in the '80s. (S)he can't be blamed.