Forums > Personal > Kill Bill Vol. 2

forum rss feed
Author

Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Apr 04, 20:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Has anyone seen this movie yet? I am supposed to go see it tonight at 10:10 with my brother, But, I really wanted to know if it was worth my $8. Money's tight when you are a stingy bastard like me. ;)

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts

Posted: 16 Apr 04, 20:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It might be worth it, provided the sound mix is correct, you don't have to pee really bad the whole time, the film doesn't break, there isn't a power outage, the film isn't cropped wrongly and the staff doesn't look at you hatefully because you're watching all of the end credits instead of leaving like everyone else.

I have yet to visit a theater without one or more of the above happening so I mostly stick with DVDs now.

Daburcor?

Posted: 16 Apr 04, 20:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know how that is man! It's always the credits one for me. I like to see the credits (yes, I'm a geek... Sue me!)!

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
Merlot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 1 posts

Posted: 16 Apr 04, 21:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hamsters user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1539 posts

Posted: 16 Apr 04, 21:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

all my friends like it a lot better than the first one.
I was supposed to go to the San Francisco Metreon dressed up with some friends as O-ren, Go-Go and Crazy 88's but god damn school musical, bio field trip and community service got in the way.
gah I wanna go sooo badd

"Big Man the Laltain sahib, Small Man the Mombatti."

-Arundhati Roy, THE GOD OF SMALL THINGS
wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 16 Apr 04, 23:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

more dailouge and less fighting

MY GOD spell it write.
Daburcor?

Posted: 17 Apr 04, 00:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just got back from the movie, And, I wasn't too impressed to be honest. Oh well, It wasn't a total waste... I guess.

Banquo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Banquo
Deity: 2636 posts

Posted: 17 Apr 04, 03:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wasted my money on Kill Bill Vol.1 I'll wait for the DVD I think. The only film worth watching at the cinema is released in May 2005. EPISODE III. I can't wait 12 feckin' months! And Lucas should call it Duel Of The Fates IMHO.

Guess who's back?
Daburcor?

Posted: 17 Apr 04, 13:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

These new SW movies annoy me. ESPECIALLY the latest one. Hopefully, I won't hate the third one too. ;p

hamsters user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1539 posts

Posted: 17 Apr 04, 18:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i cant believe im missing kill bill vol2 on IMAX tonight... wah.
Star wars, amazing... Im staying at my gramma's house which I decorated in like 7th grade so there are tons of episode one posters XD

"Big Man the Laltain sahib, Small Man the Mombatti."

-Arundhati Roy, THE GOD OF SMALL THINGS
Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 20 Apr 04, 07:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I heard that Vol. 1 was crap but Vol. 2 is much better.

wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 20 Apr 04, 08:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the best preview was Jet Li "Hero" a seroius movie, I been waiting allmost 4 years for it, it defines the typical chinesse movie, those who are such big fans of gung ho kung fu would be dissipointed as this movie is his best and is not just a fighting movie, I about passed out when I seen it was coming out here

MY GOD spell it write.
Freddie-B user not visiting Queenzone.com
Freddie-B
Deity: 2859 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 04, 13:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The new Star Wars movies are slack as a bag of knots in the rain, merely because they don't have to try anymore so they haven't.

Just because you CAN use CGI endlessly when models/miniatures are clearly better doesn't mean that you SHOULD, and nobody seems to have told this to Lucas. Shame, you'd think he'd have figured it out for himself.

ilizarov user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2859 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 04, 14:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Saw KB II. Thought it was very good; enjoyed it more than the first one.

There's more to life than a bulletin board.
TheMiracle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2062 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 04, 19:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I saw it on saturday, wow what a film! Talk about playing bloody knuckles. Uma Thurman kicked some serious ass. I plan on renting kill bill v. 1 sometime soon, i'm curious to see it.

"I feel that when I'm old, I'll look at you & know the world was beautiful..."
willem-jan 8923 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 818 posts

Posted: 27 Apr 04, 05:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Seen the movie yesterday.
I loved the first one, and went to see it 3 times. Part II really differs from the first one. More dialogue indeed, but also a lot more humour. It was very surprising to see such a lot of character development in this second part. I didn't expect to see Bill until the very end for example, but his whole story is being told. Very surprising, and good movie.

Music as allways was brilliant, as well as some very elegant camera shots. If you like good movies, go and see this one!

Daburcor?

Posted: 27 Apr 04, 06:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The things you described were my main beef with part two, I liked the first half (Vol.1), But the way he decide to end it just kinda got to me... If you know what I mean.

Wreckage user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 759 posts

Posted: 27 Apr 04, 19:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd say the main difference between Vol 1 and 2 is not that, as most reviewers have pointed out, that the first is in the style of a martial arts anime movie and the latter is in the style of a western (not entirely true). Rather, while the former at times seemed like a bunch of set peices and obsucre homages strung together, the latter is a more complete film. With a plot and charachters and everything.

Vol 2 itself is almost flawless up to and including the fight in the trailer. Sadly the last couple of scenes are too ponderous and ridiculous to bring the whole thing to a satisfactory conclusion. The short sword fight between the Bride and Bill at the end, for example, felt like parody (a trap that the rest of the film avoided falling into). And why oh why does tarantino have to put so many close up shots of bare feet into his films? It really grosses me out, it does.

If you can't beat them with brains, beat them with bullshit
Daburcor?

Posted: 27 Apr 04, 20:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Vol 2 itself is almost flawless up to and including the fight in the trailer. Sadly the last couple of scenes are too ponderous and ridiculous to bring the whole thing to a satisfactory conclusion."

And that ruined the whole flick for me. Well, That and Pai-Mei (however the hell you spell it). I really expected more from the second half... I was let down. Oh well! Atleast I have Big Fish on DVD!!!

willem-jan 8923 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 818 posts

Posted: 28 Apr 04, 04:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For me Pai-Mei was one of the highlights!!!
I really loved this character. Is it possible to go over the top any further? Brilliant.

Also the final fight. Really good. Such an anticlimax. I really like this idea of such a short fight.

But I can imagine it's not everybody's cup of tea :)