forum rss feed
Author

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Apr 04, 18:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm sure this soldier was doing what he wanted to do. It will be a different story entirely if & when the Military Draft is reintroduced.

Based on the information we've been given, I'm for the anti-terror war still being fought (with limited resources) in Afghanistan and Northern Pakistan. However, I'm against the "war for oil, Halliburton and Israel" in Iraq. Two different and entirely unconnected battles.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
rhapsody__87 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 971 posts

Posted: 23 Apr 04, 18:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bush is such a crap president. Quite possibly the worst this country has ever seen. It was so much better with Clinton and I wonder how he would have handled 9/11. I live in Central Jersey so 20 minutes out to the shore, you could really see the city and the smoke on that day and afterwards. What a scary feeling.

To go off on a tangent, I was a freshman when this happened so not only did I have to deal with a new school, but a new, transformed world that I was living in. My dad came into school right after the planes hit and picked me up and this was in the middle of lunch! I first heard about "some plane" going into a "building" the period before but nobody thought anything of it. I was in the car on the way home when one of the towers fell and the look on my dad's face was of sheer horror. I'll never forget that look or watching the other tower collapse on TV.

Point is-- Bush should remember 9/11. He should realize that we aren't really getting anything accomplished except contributing and adding to the number of deaths of American soldiers-- kids, in fact! This shit needs to stop.

Sorry for rambling... :-(

...Erica*

"I don't judge others. I say if you feel good with what you're doing, let your freak flag fly."

--Sarah Jessica Parker
MexQueenFM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 13266 posts

Posted: 23 Apr 04, 19:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

he died for his country, he wanted to do that, and knew what could happen, RIP , he was a great football player

Mejor yo me hecho una chela, y chance enchufo una chava, chambeando de chafirete, me sobra chupe y pachanga

Tranzando de arriba a abajo, hay va la chilanga banda , chinchin si me la recuerdan
iron eagle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3793 posts

Posted: 23 Apr 04, 22:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i wasnt going to say a thing.....but

Tillman was shot and killed Thursday during a Special Operations mission southest of Khost in southeastern Afghanistan along the border with Pakistan, military officials said.

Serving with the 75th Ranger Regiment, Tillman was killed during a search and destroy mission where intelligence indicated a large presence of Al Qaeda fighters. Two other soldiers were wounded when in an exchange of small-arms fire.

--- now correct me if i am wrong--- Al Qaeda is responsible for 9/11 right?? They were and still are based in and around Afganistan and Pakistan right??? Our forces are still activitly looking for Bin Laden and the last remanants of the Talabin and Al Qaeda there correct???? He died there correct???

And its only Presidential bullshit??

The man, of his own free will, joined the Rangers after 9/11-- no one forced him. Or twisted his arm--

he is one but many hero's in this fight--
he is being singled out in the press because he felt a calling to something bigger and void of greed by making the decsions he did--

hmmm millions to play pro football or defend my country--- most woudlve chosen the money. He did not.
He still is just one of may american hero's though--

You want to get upset--Clinton shouldve been more aggressive in handling Al Qaeda when he was in office- he chose a cigar and an intern instead....

i got a way with the boys on my block.. :-)

Flashman user not visiting Queenzone.com
Flashman
Deity: 4523 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 04, 06:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's a sad fact I'm afraid, but people do die in times of conflict. It was ever thus.

It is backbone that's needed - not backtrack.

FLASHMAN STRIKES AGAIN!

Paul Rodgers is not the best thing since fried Fred.
Brandon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1803 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 04, 21:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just want to know how Bin Laden could be found in hours.

iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 04, 22:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, yes..I saw this in the newspaper..sad stuff but you've got to remember - join the military and there's always the increased risk of you getting killed..think about it.

Of course..there was always Elvis.

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6372 posts

Posted: 25 Apr 04, 10:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Apparently terrorism is highly effective.

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 04, 10:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

very well said Iron Eagle.

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!