Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > When Freddie Mercury Met Kenny Everett...

forum rss feed
Author

Sicmot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 373 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Apr 04, 17:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

First of all.. how many of you have seen the whole documentary?...

Secondly.. to those eternal riddles.. how Freddie got the disease.. I think it explains it very credible.. The most promiscuous one of those four "friends" brought it from New York gay clubs and most likely infected the others..

What's unsure to me is.. If Kenny died in -94
when there were already dual-regimen Antiviral therapies for hiv.. how couldnt he prolong his life until three regimen therapies.. well.. theres possibly several reasons to it.. first could be that he didnt care and the second that it wasnt of any good for him..

Some thoughts there..

God created man from dust, man replied with sin and lust..
Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 04, 20:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I watched that. I saw the last part of it last night, and I thought it was good. I think it was organized well, and it really showed the events that happened clearly.

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

rhapsody__87 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 971 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 04, 20:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I haven't seen it... can anyone give me details as to what was documented in this? Thanks!! :-)

...Erica*

"I don't judge others. I say if you feel good with what you're doing, let your freak flag fly."

--Sarah Jessica Parker
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 04, 21:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Still have it on tape. Haven't watched the whole thing since it aired. But I did catch the last 20mins recently. Good docu because it focused on something part of Queen/Freddie, but had an entirely different view for us to look into. Something different. I'll have to watch it again, soon.

Peace,
Adam.

Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 04, 21:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I downloaded it from Mercury Paradise, (http://www.mercuryparadise.com/) but now only the 4th part is up.

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

Rien user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2204 posts

Posted: 27 Apr 04, 02:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Eventually I will put the other parts online again. Just have to spread those things due to heavy download.

Feel free to visit my site - http://www.mercuryparadise.com

(Come into my life, it's a MercuryParadise)
Kuku user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 341 posts

Posted: 27 Apr 04, 02:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Rien - looking forward to the next parts! :)

Goodbye April lady, It's been good to have you around - Goodbye April lady, You've done a lot for the folks in this town...

Posted: 27 Apr 04, 05:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, My greatest gratitude to Rien for fulfilling my requests! :)

I now have all the three parts downloaded, got the fourth part last night also.. Of some reason it played better when I watched it online than off line..

Posted: 27 Apr 04, 09:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Its basicly about Kenny and Freddie and Freddie And Kenny, and Kenny's friends and Freddie's friends telling about them together and separately.. There's MAry and there's Jim Hutton.. and some not so well-known friends of Kenny..

KEnny seems to have meaned much more than just being one open minded Dj. But it's damn good document where they focuses on the very essential of those both men..

Krizzy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1806 posts

Posted: 27 Apr 04, 12:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have the entire documentary on tape and it states that Kenny and Freddie had affairs with both Kenny's lover Nicolai and his on-again off-again boy friend Pepe. Lee Everett Kenny's wife found out that Nicolai was HIV+ and told Kenny to get tested. Lee Everett was a good friend to FM as well and probably past word onto him. Kenny was terrified to get tested and put it off (as did FM).

I also know from a very reliable source who is a personal friend of mine and had known both Freddie and Kenny and their boyfriends (including Jim Hutton) that that did not stop them from going out to clubs even if after they learned of the HIV status of one in their party. Which is called "denial"!

Sad.

Kriz :o(

Long Live Queen!!!
KevMull user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 672 posts

Posted: 27 Apr 04, 12:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

One of the most pointless docs I have ever seen.

It's dreadful.

AVOID!

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 27 Apr 04, 14:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why do you say pointless?

Posted: 27 Apr 04, 17:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes.. why??.. is it so hard for you to believe in it instead of denying the very obvious.. the facts.. how it really happened after all these yrs of speculations??

Or then youre just so young and ignorant.. and you want to keep it all still as a mystery..

What makes me sad.. is that Freddie really didn't give a damn about the obvious risk he proned himself by being in contact with this "positive friend in the party".

I think the joyride- gear must have blurred his mind.. and given him the feeling of being untouchable by the virus.. to not get the disease no matter if one of his friends had it.. Man, how reckless behavior that is.. Ok, it was only couple of ( 1-2 yrs ) since the virus got into the public knowledge. But still they must have been aware it was lethal and incurable..

So it all makes sence now.. the document pinpoints you the exact time period of infection..

I assume it was 84 (when nikolai contracted it and shortly within couple of month mostly after it had passed from him thru Kenny to Freddie and finally? to Jim..)-85...In his interview around Mr.Badguy he said when asked if he would have done anything any other way in his life.. he says he would do it all over again.. "just slightly differently.." and if he doesnt mean the above, what then?.. So he knew it already in -85 he had got it. Thats why he was already in rejection to go all the way of touring (Magic tour next year) in the scale it was first planned.

What's more.. Jim Hutton got it the same year..
Of some reason his system managed better with the deadly virus than Freddie's..thus, being alive today.
I guess it was because he didnt harm his body the same way as Freddie did by partying exessively and snoring the coke long after the knowledge.. which is very harmful to one's immunity system.. it really diminishes effectively the white cell quantity and reversively increases the quantity of virus virions.

Krizzy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1806 posts

Posted: 28 Apr 04, 13:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In those years it was very frightening because alot of gay men who had been exposed to the virus never even knew they passed it to their lovers. FM was unfortunately one of those who was in denial or too high on drugs to care (which IMHO is even a sadder situation).

Long Live Queen!!!
MercuryArts user not visiting Queenzone.com
MercuryArts
Bohemian: 839 posts

Posted: 28 Apr 04, 16:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When was this Documentary on, and in what country? Also when channel? I know of nothing like this being on recently in the states.

"Take care of those you call your own"

Posted: 28 Apr 04, 18:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Krizzy, yes he was both in denial and on high.. David Evans recalls it clearly in the 3 part of the document..
When Evans asked if Freddie had already changed his behavior.. he just cynically replied, he was going to do it with anyone and everyone..

The Mad Hatter user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 11 posts

Posted: 28 Apr 04, 22:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I watched it on Mercury Paradise and thought that it was very good. Very credible. I think it's a very good idea of when and from whom Freddie contracted HIV.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."
indigo bunting user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts

Posted: 28 Apr 04, 22:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is there any way I can purchase a copy of this documentary which I assume was played in the UK?? I live in the United States. Thanks.
Indigo Bunting

agneepath9 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 128 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 04, 03:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

indigo bunting: Ask Rein politely, to put it back onto his Queen site! its well worth a watch!

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 04, 03:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's a well known fact that many years can pass between a person contracting the virus and showing the first AIDS symptoms. There is not the slightest proof that Freddie or anyone else was infected by a specific person. The "When Freddie Met Kenny" feature is not a serious documentary, it's a kiss-and-tell story mostly based on gossip and speculation. For example, Kenny's ex-wife never claimed that Freddie told her any details from his sex life, she just assumed. However, it's really pointless to speculate about the "who gave whom the virus" and above all, it's degrading for the dead victims of the disease. After all, there is no scientific benefit for the fight against AIDS if anyone found out who passed the virus to Freddie Mercury.

I wonder if anyone can imagine what it meant for a gay man in the 80s to be HIV positive. He did not only face an inevitable cruel death, he also faced prejudice, discrimination and social isolation. He had every right to deal with the situation in a way that was bearable for him- even if he was a famous Rock star. On the other hand, nobody has the right to judge him for his decisions, they were private and none of our business. We all know that Freddie did everything to keep the illness private and this should be respected.

The way some people here lay the blame on a dead person ("denial", "drug abuse", "reckless behaviour") reminds me of the homophobic atmosphere in the Reagan era. Freddie did not die from drug abuse or from gay sexual practices, he died from a virus which happens to be transmitted through sexual practices among other things. AIDS is a terrible tragedy and it's not the fault of the victims.

I do not want any google ads here.