Forums > Personal > Smallville

forum rss feed
Author

DudleyFufkin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 582 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 May 04, 15:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just been reading some posts and there seem to be a few smallville fans here. I bloody love the prog. I'm a huge superman freak, but never watched smallville until half way through the current series. I love the little twists and side plots they incorporated into the whole superman story, eg, clark kent being friends with lex luthor. I mean, it sounds bizarre, but whats to say they weren't friends? Superman was lex's enemy, clark kent never met lex in the films. Clever hey.

"your shit and you know you are".
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 06 May 04, 17:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not a big fan of the show, but I watch it mostly cos Kristin Kreuk is there... and she's HOT!

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Freddie-B user not visiting Queenzone.com
Freddie-B
Deity: 2859 posts

Posted: 07 May 04, 04:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've seen some episodes that really do well-they deal with the mythology of Superman superbly, and raise interesting questions.

Do you think that they try and keep it true to both the series and the films, or just one, or neither??

They'll never find a better Superman than Dean Cain for me, he was the man!

Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 07 May 04, 12:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Canon of Superman is the comic books. Smallville tries to reflect this to some degree, but it exists in its own universe. The movies are something completely different.

DJ's the man we love the most
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 07 May 04, 12:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't really care for Smallville. As far as the WB network goes, The only show I'll watch is Angel. I have really taken a liking to that one as of late... Too bad it's been canceled. :/

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel