Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > The news, and the new tracks at the convention this year

forum rss feed
Author

CMG user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 146 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 May 04, 09:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Any info about the things played by Greg this year?
Any info about their release?

Ron user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1031 posts

Posted: 09 May 04, 12:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

nope none
did he play any tracks last year? didnt heard a thing about it

QueenPictureHall.com is back at qph.runoutgrooves.com
CMG user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 146 posts

Posted: 09 May 04, 13:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Its just Jacky said there would be some new stuff played this year by greg...

Daz85 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1802 posts

Posted: 10 May 04, 16:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, what's the goss?

Bohardy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2447 posts

Posted: 11 May 04, 03:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Come on folks!

There must be some news, no?

Gullibility and credulity are considered undesirable qualities in every department of human life -- except religion.
YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 11 May 04, 04:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I heard that Greg did in fact play some new demos - among others an instrumental jam which became Coming Soon later. (edited)

I do not want any google ads here.

Banquo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Banquo
Deity: 2636 posts

Posted: 11 May 04, 07:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Okey doky. They were mostly backing tracks and early versions off the top of my head I can think of Great King Rat, Brighton Rock and a very early version of Coming Soon which didn't sound anything like it. The next DVD will be Milton Keynes, followed by Houston '77 (only joking).

And finally it looks like a Made In Heaven type album will be released using Freddie vocals that no-one has ever heard before.

Guess who's back?
Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2390 posts

Posted: 11 May 04, 08:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Seriously, vocals that we have never heard before? that begs the question why didn't they use them the first time round instead of going back to Freddie's solo material.

Still if that's the case, or in fact any new studio album comes out I'm happy!

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
Banquo

Posted: 11 May 04, 09:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's what I heard. I seem to remember Fight From The Inside with a different Roger vocal playing as well. The new video for the I Was Born to Love you Japanese version played as well, featuring a band peformance from Wembley 86 and Freddie orginal video for the song cut and pasted DoRo style by Simon Lupton to be fair he only had a day to do it. This will be on Greatest Flix III.

On a more personal note I was disappointed by lack of solo videos playing during the day on the big screen and hearing Crazy Little Thing Called Love 15-20 times on the trot for the Rock and Roll Dancing instruction. A bit more thought would have enabled someone to alternate with Man On The Prowl or just play some proper rock and roll like Little Richard. Not play the same song over and over again it drove me up the wall. And someone turn the heating on in Lunars it was fucking freezing in there all weekend.

Guess who's back?
Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 11 May 04, 10:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So if a MIH type album was to be released, who is gonna fill in for John??

Chom own mudder fukker.
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 11 May 04, 10:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pee-wee Herman!!! No...? *huff* Fiiiiinnnnnneeeeee....

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 11 May 04, 10:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If there will be new MiH kind of songs, I think Brian or Roger will play the bass, or maybe they'll ask Neil Murray?

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 11 May 04, 11:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"that begs the question why didn't they use them the first time round instead of going back to Freddie's solo material."

Does it? How many tracks did they use for the MIH album that had been demos? IABD and LML. The others were tracks from Fred in the last sessions and of course the tracks that were made into Queen versions.
The reason for the Fred solo stuff being turned into solo versions were because of Brian's love of those songs. And because they fit in with the MIH album.

Read his latest interviews and you'll see that. The other tracks go without saying.

Peace,
Adam.

Posted: 11 May 04, 11:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Does it? How many tracks did they use for the MIH album that had been demos? IABD and LML. The others were tracks from Fred in the last sessions and of course the tracks that were made into Queen versions."

Heaven For Everyone was a Queen demo before the cross recorded it

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

Posted: 11 May 04, 11:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the only "new" songs from MiH are:

You don't fool me
Mother love
Winters Tale

the other songs were or unused Queen songs, or re-recordings of solo songs.

It's a Beautiful Day:
Re-recording of a 1980 demo

Made in Heaven:
Re-recording of a solo song

Let me Live:
Re-recording of a song from 1983, Dunno how much was done then, and after the Innuendo sessions. (I'm talking about the freddie vocals here)

My Life has been Saved:
Re-recording of the B-side recorded in 1989

I Was Born to Love You:
Re-recording of a solo song

Heaven For Everyone:
Re-recording of a Queen song (1986) and The Cross song (1988?)

Too Much Love will Kill You:
Re-recording of a Queen song (1989) and Brian song (1992)

Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2390 posts

Posted: 11 May 04, 11:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well Brians love of the tracks or not it still seems rather odd not to use new material if it was available, and if I remember correctly at the time we were told that was it, nothing else excisted that could be used.

Also until we know what tracks they are taking about it's a bit premature to be saying the other fitted with the MIH album, but I just think much as I love the album I would have been keen to hear a new track with Fred on rather than two versions of It's a beautiful day, and IWBTLY.

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Posted: 11 May 04, 12:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

or another version of WWRY

Posted: 11 May 04, 13:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Greg Brooks began archiving all the Queen sessions after Made In Heaven, so they now have a better awareness of what is available and what can be used. MIH would have consisted of randomly going through old tapes to find stuff that could be used rather than actually 'knowing'.

Posted: 11 May 04, 13:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mnay thanks for all the info Banquo. Just one question - what was actually said about this new Made In Heaven-style album? How was it mentioned?

Banquo

Posted: 11 May 04, 15:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As the next Queen venture, it seems that is the way Brian and Roger are thinking. Although it was mentioned don't expect anything for a few years the WWRY musical remains the driving force.

All the tracks played were spoilt as well by Greg saying 'Property of Queen Productions' every 20 seconds during the songs, this was the only way Jim Beach would allow them to be played.

Guess who's back?