Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Uncut Freddie Tribute Concert DVD & CD in 2005???!!!

forum rss feed
Author

Daz85 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1802 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 May 04, 13:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Being a big Guns N' Roses fan, I was just browsing one of their message boards and found this:

"Queen plan on releasing the complete uncut show on dvd & cd sometime next year!
This will include all openings by Metallica, Extreme, Def Leppard & of course GNR!"

Then someone asked where they got the info...

"Jim Jenkins the co president of the offical international Queen fan club i asked him last Saturday at the convention!
they are working on trying to get this sorted for a 2005 release due to the massive disapointment of the previous dvd release!"

Any other word?

Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 11 May 04, 13:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Now THAT would be cool!

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
Michael Allred user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts

Posted: 11 May 04, 13:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A 'complete' show? Even if Robert Plant insists that "Innuendo" never see the light of day?

Daz85 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1802 posts

Posted: 11 May 04, 13:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I always though Innuendo was "ok" - never as bad as soe people will let on at least.

Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts

Posted: 11 May 04, 13:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's good news. I kinda miss the other stuff. And I'll gladly buy any new Queen product of interest. I love it when they re-release stuff. Life would be boring with no new Queen product to buy.

D.Blythe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 581 posts

Posted: 11 May 04, 14:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Either put it out right the first time or don't put it out at all until you can get it right. Include ALL extras, commentaries, songs, features, etc... Don't string us along with "Ultimate edition", "Extreme edition", "Collector's edition", "Director's Cut", "TV Version", etc...

FAHRENHEIT 911

"Truth is the greatest of all national possessions. A state, a people, a system which suppresses the truth or fears to publish it, deserves to collapse" Kurt Eisner

David Jones user not visiting Queenzone.com
David Jones
Deity: 2469 posts

Posted: 11 May 04, 14:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Plus Spinal Tap are also on there too!

"Freddie would have loved it" - Brian May
Shane Jazz user not visiting Queenzone.com
Shane Jazz
Bohemian: 687 posts

Posted: 11 May 04, 14:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would much, much prefer a concert release from the 70's than either the Tribute Concert released yet again, or the overrated GVH3.

Man Made Paradise
Lord Blackadder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1163 posts

Posted: 11 May 04, 14:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yes, i want it, i want it, i want it, i want it...

"I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull"
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 11 May 04, 15:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Booooooooring. I've seen this show a million times, i really don't care if it has a few songs more or less.

I'm sure many fans will agree with me

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 11 May 04, 15:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

new rumour: There will be a re-release of Wembley, which will be totally live, so no overdubs

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 11 May 04, 16:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Productions is staring to work in the same way that most Hollywood Studios do.

They come up with a version of a film that lacks a lot in features, which everybody eventually buys because it's the only available version. Later on they release a much better version with tons of extras, expecting people to buy the same movie twice.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 11 May 04, 17:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Queen Productions is staring to work in the same way that most Hollywood Studios do.

They come up with a version of a film that lacks a lot in features, which everybody eventually buys because it's the only available version. Later on they release a much better version with tons of extras, expecting people to buy the same movie twice."

Expect that to happen when Blu-Ray DVD's come out

Kuku user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 341 posts

Posted: 11 May 04, 19:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So wait for a few more years until the complete version is out.

Goodbye April lady, It's been good to have you around - Goodbye April lady, You've done a lot for the folks in this town...
rhapsody__87 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 971 posts

Posted: 11 May 04, 20:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OOOH I'll go buy it anyway just because I like watching my DVD collection grow. >:] I'm so greedy.

...Erica*

"I don't judge others. I say if you feel good with what you're doing, let your freak flag fly."

--Sarah Jessica Parker
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 11 May 04, 20:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Expect that to happen when Blu-Ray DVD's come out"

Somehow, I feel that only the obvious ones will feature on blu-ray, e.g. GVHits dvds. And of course, any original titles made afterwards (but what?!).

However, blu-ray discs shouldn't replace dvds etc. I believe it should be like minidisc, cdr and tape. All still widely used for different applications, but they aren't dead. That's what I believe will happen to dvd. It will still be utilised and films etc. will still be released. But obviously lesser and lesser as time goes by and prices drop on BR. It'll still be a great technology for the consumers, though.

Peace,
Adam.

rhapsody__87 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 971 posts

Posted: 11 May 04, 21:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What is a Blu-Ray DVD?

...Erica*

"I don't judge others. I say if you feel good with what you're doing, let your freak flag fly."

--Sarah Jessica Parker
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 11 May 04, 22:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.blu-ray.com/info/

Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 12 May 04, 01:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"They come up with a version of a film that lacks a lot in features, which everybody eventually buys because it's the only available version. Later on they release a much better version with tons of extras, expecting people to buy the same movie twice."

That's a bit of a stretch. If that were truly the case, then GVH1, GVH2, and Wembley would not have been 2 disc sets full of extras.

Odds on (assuming this rumor is true, which I'm not convinced it is) they learned after the Tribute Concert what fans really wanted. The Tribute Concert was, after all, Queen's first foray into DVD. It was probably a miscalculation on QP's part and now they want to fix it.

DJ's the man we love the most
Mr. Scully user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4257 posts

Posted: 12 May 04, 03:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Jim Jenkins the co president of the offical international Queen fan club"

Last time I spoke to Jim he didn't seem to have anything in common with the fan club. In fact I think Queen are a closed chapter for him for a long time, he certainly has different interests these days.