Forums > Personal > Anyone uses google toolbar

forum rss feed
Author

Kuku user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 341 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 May 04, 01:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I tried using google toolbar after seeing my dad use it (and so effective on HIS computer.)

Conclusion: it blocks every popup that I need and does not block popups that are most unnecessary, at least on my computer.

Why? Do I have an unknown trojan crawling somewhere in my CPU? What other popup blocker should I use? Any computer geniuses out there? Just anything to prevent odd popups from popping up three in a row while browsing Queenzone.com? (Unless Richard has seen to it :D)

Goodbye April lady, It's been good to have you around - Goodbye April lady, You've done a lot for the folks in this town...
Josuè user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1970 posts

Posted: 14 May 04, 11:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I enjoy it. But it stills let some pop-up appear. I haven't noticed any irregularity of the toolbar deleting 'necessary' pop ups. But it might be possible.

An interview? Oh, don't be ridiculous...
Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts

Posted: 14 May 04, 14:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've had pretty good luck with the Google bar. In fact I gave up any other programs to block pop-ups. You can allow pop-ups on a particular site by clicking the 'blocked' button when you're on the site. Also, you can allow individual pop-ups, like for opening a new window by holding down the shift key whilst clicking.

Unfortunately nothing is going to block them 100% of the time. Bastard spammers are coming up with new versions all the time which defeat blocking.

You shouldn't be getting them at all on Queenzone. I would imagine you might be victim to either a virus like you said, or perhaps the Microsoft vulnerability which allows pop-up messages to be sent to your computer. You can defeat that by following information from this site:

http://www.grc.com/stm/shootthemessenger.htm

GRC is a great site. The guy creates programs absolutely free to help folks avoid problems. There are tests to see how visible your computer is to hackers and such.

Spiderleg Synthia user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1190 posts

Posted: 14 May 04, 17:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've been quite lucky with it so far.

*Mwah*
Hitman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2217 posts

Posted: 15 May 04, 09:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yes it works fine for me!!

Anything too stupid to be said... is sung.