Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Future Queen Releases

forum rss feed
Author

[ Wybren™ ] user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 650 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 May 04, 08:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Queen and their management and all at Queen Productions want to know what products you, as loyal Queen Fans, want from them.

If you have any ideas for any products or releases please email them through to us in as much detail as possible and we shall make sure that they get to be seen by the band and those who matter.

For product ideas, please email: releases@queenonline.com"

What ideas did/will you send?

I don't know yet, something about various live shows on one DVD-A e.g. 1979 highlights DVD-A with a couple of complete recordings on a disk (in stereo cd (or better) quality).

[ Ahoy' Rotterdam, April 26th ]|[ Rhein Energie Stadion Köln, Juli 6th ]|[ Gelredome Arnhem, July 10th ]
Kuku user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 341 posts

Posted: 14 May 04, 16:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Do they ever reply?
Or, is that even a functioning email address?

Goodbye April lady, It's been good to have you around - Goodbye April lady, You've done a lot for the folks in this town...

Posted: 15 May 04, 05:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think it's functioning because this text was copied from Queenonline.com...

[ Ahoy' Rotterdam, April 26th ]|[ Rhein Energie Stadion Köln, Juli 6th ]|[ Gelredome Arnhem, July 10th ]
jorge user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 448 posts

Posted: 15 May 04, 06:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Easy answer: A unpublished DVD

Something like Led Zep's DVD (You imagine can see and hear,enjoy more than five hours of Queen alive in the 70's), with concerts never seen before (not officially,of course), remasters with high quality in audio and video(no like DVD-r),That would be Great!

And as the seasons turn the days to years

She holds her pictures, hears the silent cheers

The days grow lonely for the dancing Queen

And now she dances only in her dreams...

Posted: 15 May 04, 09:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My idea:

Live Killers 1979 DVD

DVD-A part (DTS 5.1 and PCM 2.0)

1 - 29.01.1979 Rotterdam, Holland
2 - 20.01.1979 Bremen, Germany
3 - 28.02.1979 Paris, France
4 - 20.04.1979 Osaka, Japan
5 - 26.12.1979 London, UK
ca. 500min
On Screen tracklisting and lyrics

DVD-Video part (DTS 5.1 and PCM 2.0)

26.01.1979 Brussels, Belgium (20min):
Interview, Now I'm Here, We Will Rock You, Fat Bottomed Girls, Brighton Rock, Tie Your Mother Down, Bohemian Rhapsody, Dreamer's Ball, Spread Your Wings, We Are The Champions).

11.02.1979 Munich, Germany (43 min):
Soundcheck: Fat Bottomed Girls.
Concert: Let Me Entertain You, Now I'm Here, Bohemian Rhapsody, Sheer Heart Attack, We Will Rock You, We Are The Chmapions, God Save The Queen.

26.12.1979 London, UK (50 min)

28.02.1979 Paris, FRA (?? min)

Photo Gallery

Various 1979 Photos

(Source: www.Queenconcerts.com)

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 15 May 04, 09:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dream on

Killed by drones.

Posted: 17 May 04, 02:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Greg USED to reply to 200 word question section... looks like he's away for quite a while.

Goodbye April lady, It's been good to have you around - Goodbye April lady, You've done a lot for the folks in this town...
Whisperer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1312 posts

Posted: 17 May 04, 02:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why do you want those mixed concerts? It would be a thousand times better if they released complete gigs (like Wembley). There are som many complete recordings out there that are waiting to get released. Don't give them any stupid ideas like mixing 10 concerts into one.

Not those are losers who fall, but those who don't stand up.

Posted: 17 May 04, 02:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Whisperer wrote:

Why do you want those mixed concerts? It would be a thousand times better if they released complete gigs (like Wembley). There are som many complete recordings out there that are waiting to get released. Don't give them any stupid ideas like mixing 10 concerts into one.

On the same note, I really WANT excellent quality OFFICIAL COMPLETE live CDs... I really do.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 17 May 04, 11:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Kuku wrote:

Whisperer wrote:

On the same note, I really WANT excellent quality OFFICIAL COMPLETE live CDs... I really do.

So does everyone, but since QP has been clear that no complete pre-79 concerts will ever be released for quality reasons, some of us are therefore suggesting portions concerts that could make up a compilation. A 5 hour set of 74-78 stuff would certainly make my day.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca

Posted: 17 May 04, 11:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What is the difference between releasing 20 minutes of "not-perfect-quality" videos and releasing 120 minutes of "not-perfect-quality" videos?

wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 17 May 04, 11:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

my vote goes for another Magic tour show ^^

MY GOD spell it write.
Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts

Posted: 17 May 04, 16:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Whisperer wrote:

What is the difference between releasing 20 minutes of "not-perfect-quality" videos and releasing 120 minutes of "not-perfect-quality" videos?

Even "not-perfect-quality" video's can be made quality nowadays. Old films can be cleaned up using todays technology and in most cases stereo and mono soundtracks can be remade into 5.1 - check out The Who's Kids Are Alright DVD and you'll see what I mean

Dave

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
Plengel user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2119 posts

Posted: 17 May 04, 17:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A double CD with the complete BBC Sessions. I'd really like to see that some day.

You've never seen nothing like it, no never in your life. Like going up to heaven and then coming back alive.

http://plengelqueentrader.tripod.com
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 17 May 04, 19:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think video recordings such as Ahoy Rotterdam 1979 and Munich 1979 aren't owned by Queen Productions, cause they were filmed by a tv networks from Holland and Germany.

And I don't think Queen Productions want to try to buy the rights to them (Why would they, They have the rights to Wembley 86, And they can re-release it 10 times. The stupid fans will buy anything which has the word Queen on it)

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
D.Blythe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 581 posts

Posted: 18 May 04, 16:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I will suggest here and on QUEENONLINE.COM that Queen Productions issue a DEFINITIVE Queen documentary on dvd. VHS had its Magic Years, since then we have had Champions of the World, Killer Queen, and God only knows how many others. A straight transfer of Magic Years would not do as the "celebrity" interviews are dated and the documentary is obviously dated. Let's keep the concert footage and the band interviews and build around them.

FAHRENHEIT 911

"Truth is the greatest of all national possessions. A state, a people, a system which suppresses the truth or fears to publish it, deserves to collapse" Kurt Eisner

Posted: 19 May 04, 03:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr Mercury wrote:

Whisperer wrote:

Even "not-perfect-quality" video's can be made quality nowadays. Old films can be cleaned up using todays technology and in most cases stereo and mono soundtracks can be remade into 5.1 - check out The Who's Kids Are Alright DVD and you'll see what I mean

Dave

If they can do that, they can do it to a complete concerts as well as to a snippet. So, why not release complete concerts? Why do you want some f***ing Live Killers DVD?

Posted: 19 May 04, 13:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Whisperer wrote:

I rather see a complete 1979 video recording but I don't know if it exists (maybe Frankfurt 1979?) so I searched the web for infos about video recordings and I found that concert parts I mentioned earlier @www.QueenConcerts.com.

But I rather have 5 complete (Studio quality)audio concerts (even if it's only 2.0) than one video concert...

Posted: 19 May 04, 18:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Another idea:

Release one or more (complete and in studio quality) concert from every year starting with 1974. It could be a cd release (every concert on 2 cds) or a DVD-Audio release (with approx. 10 concerts on one disk). I prefer a DVD-A release.

The first DVD-Audio should be a 74-79 Disk with the 10 highlight gigs from that era. The second one should be a 80-86 DVD.

But of course this will never happen :'(

Posted: 19 May 04, 18:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Guitar Hero wrote:

Kuku wrote:

Whisperer wrote:

So does everyone, but since QP has been clear that no complete pre-79 concerts will ever be released for quality reasons, some of us are therefore suggesting portions concerts that could make up a compilation. A 5 hour set of 74-78 stuff would certainly make my day.

I thought Greg was only talking about video concerts, when he said no pre-79 concerts will ever be released, not about audio releases?!?

Hattrick :P