Forums > Personal > Walt Disney Treasures

forum rss feed
Author

Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 May 04, 01:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Has anyone seen these beautiful DVD sets yet? They each have two disks of old Disney shorts, A limited edition lithograph and a certificate of authenticity. They also come packaged in a tin case that is very shiny!;) I went out shopping tonight and picked up the first volume of the set "The Chronological Donald: 1934-1941", And I couldn't have asked for anything better! By the way, They are each limited to 165,000. So if you want to get then, You should run out and get them quick! ANY animation fan should add these to their collections!

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 24 May 04, 11:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ahh how can anyone forget the old days when Disney represented quality family entertainment.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Daburcor?

Posted: 24 May 04, 12:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They are VERY cool! Being a Donald Duck fan, I HAD to have that set. ;p

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
D.Blythe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 581 posts

Posted: 24 May 04, 13:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am not so much a fan of the animated Disney product, but I do have the Disney Treasures collection of Davy Crockett with Fess Parker and Buddy Ebsen. Great color.

FAHRENHEIT 911

"Truth is the greatest of all national possessions. A state, a people, a system which suppresses the truth or fears to publish it, deserves to collapse" Kurt Eisner

Daburcor?

Posted: 24 May 04, 13:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The DVD transfers for these shorts are great! I am really impressed with them! The sound is great, as is the picture/color.

^wicked^ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1029 posts

Posted: 24 May 04, 21:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My family has most of them. My boyfriend and I were just snuggled up in bed watching the Goofy set before he decided to go home. :)

Daburcor?

Posted: 24 May 04, 22:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There's a Goofy set too?! Cool! :D

iron eagle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3793 posts

Posted: 24 May 04, 22:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i saw one at costco on saturday
i did not pick it up though cause of the strict budget i was forced to have while shopping

hmph... i wanted to flash some damn plastic too!

i got a way with the boys on my block.. :-)

iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 24 May 04, 23:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Goofy is my favourite Disney character. Ever. I can't help laughing when he is flung somewhere and he makes that 'Waaaaaaaaaaahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooeyyyyyyyyyyy!' sound.. funny!

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 24 May 04, 23:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bought one of the first sets with Mickey in Black and White, rarely watched it. I would if I had more time, but I'm more apt to put in some music now than anything else.

DJ's the man we love the most