Forums > Personal > Velvet Revolver!

forum rss feed
Author

rhapsody__87 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 971 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 May 04, 20:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What does everyone think of Velvet Revolver? I personally think they kick a LOT of ass. I saw their performance on David Letterman last night and being as critical as I am about performances, I was extremely surprised and happy. It's weird to see Slash and Duff and Matt without Axl but Axl is like... no. Anyway, back to the performance -- Slash was GREAT so I was even happier and Scott Weiland gave quite a nice performance. Opinions, anyone? When the CD comes out on the 8th, I'm definitely buying it. Is anyone else?

...Erica*

"I don't judge others. I say if you feel good with what you're doing, let your freak flag fly."

--Sarah Jessica Parker
Pluto user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 778 posts

Posted: 26 May 04, 20:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i can not wait for the cd to come out and i cant belive that i misses them on david letterman oh well reruns man i think they are so good me and my brother love them

I’ll kick and scream or kneel and bleed

I’ll fight like hell to hide that I’m giving up

-Bright Eyes

Another Travelin' Song
Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 26 May 04, 20:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm torn on whether I should give them a try or not. I'm not too keen to Weiland, but the Guns part interests me.

DJ's the man we love the most

Posted: 26 May 04, 20:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was a bit hesitant when I first heard "Slither" but I slowly grew to like it and with all the hype surrounding this group I gave it a go. And I'm glad I did because my new obsession is Guns N' Roses so now I have two different Slash's to listen to.

I <3 Slash. Haha :D

...Erica*

"I don't judge others. I say if you feel good with what you're doing, let your freak flag fly."

--Sarah Jessica Parker
Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 26 May 04, 20:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You do realize that he had another band after GnR which would then give you 3 Slash's to love.

DJ's the man we love the most

Posted: 26 May 04, 20:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh God that's true... Slash's Snakepit... oh dear.

...Erica*

--Sarah Jessica Parker

Posted: 26 May 04, 20:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Of course because it is Slash... who cares about any other members of that group??

...Erica*

--Sarah Jessica Parker
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 26 May 04, 20:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Slash's Snakepit had only one good thing... Slash.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 26 May 04, 21:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like them! I am a fan of STP, And I think Slash is WAY too good a guitarist to sit around and do nothing! From what I've heard of them, I will have to get the album. "Set Me Free" is quite cool. ;D

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
willem-jan 8923 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 818 posts

Posted: 27 May 04, 04:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pluto wrote:

i can not wait for the cd to come out and i cant belive that i misses them on david letterman oh well reruns man i think they are so good me and my brother love them

You can watch their performance from letterman. It's on their website (VR's that is) :)

Wreckage user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 759 posts

Posted: 27 May 04, 09:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Despite being a massive G 'n R fan, Iam fairly indifferent to VR - from what I've heard they sound far more like STP than Guns. I'll still get the album, but the songs of theirs I've heard so for (Slither, Set me free) don't fill me with any great anticipation. I'm actually looking forward more to the collection of pre- G n'R demos being released soon.

If you can't beat them with brains, beat them with bullshit
Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 27 May 04, 10:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They rock, I got the album off WINMX, Slither is superb, theyre exactly the same as GNR without Axl's voice!!

Chom own mudder fukker.
Penis - Vagina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4230 posts

Posted: 27 May 04, 22:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They feature prominently in this week's episode of PBS's "Frontline" entitled 'The Way The Music Died'.

It's all about how tough it is to survive in the music industry due to downloading, having to make edited versions for Wal Mart, things like that.

Velvet Revolver are part of a segment near the middle of the show which deals with the inner workings of promoting a new band and getting their first CD out.

I believe Frontline runs at different times, depending on your local PBS station and probably repeats at some point too. Check local listings for details.

Or visit the website:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/music/