Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Live Aid II

forum rss feed
Author

Lord Blackadder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1163 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 May 04, 07:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This was in the paper. And although you shouldnt believe all you read in the paper I believe this. Apparently Bono and Blackadder writer Richard Curtis are going to organise it. Artists expecting to perform are Paul Mcartney, Oasis, Robbie Williams, Coldplay and U2. It will be 'Bigger and Better than before'. Which is doubtful. Maybe Rog and Bri will pay a visit...?

"I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull"

Posted: 31 May 04, 07:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you want I'll send you the article via Email. Just ask and leave your address.

NoOneButYou1975 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2320 posts

Posted: 31 May 04, 09:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the story was denied..

I'm caught in between with a fading dream ..........

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/QueenForADay

Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 31 May 04, 10:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"It will be 'Bigger and Better than before'."

Yeah... Sure... Who's gonna be there? 50 CENT!? Pffffttt...

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
rhapsody__87 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 971 posts

Posted: 31 May 04, 11:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No no no no no no they can't have another one NO. Stupid rumours... first it's that twat Justin singing STL and then Live Aid 2. Come ON!

...Erica*

"I don't judge others. I say if you feel good with what you're doing, let your freak flag fly."

--Sarah Jessica Parker
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 31 May 04, 11:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lol dan!!!

you can find him in da club.......not at live aid

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

Whisperer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1312 posts

Posted: 31 May 04, 13:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For Queen Live Aid would be very, very sad.

1985: Glory! Biggest band on the planet. Mostly thanks to Freddie.

2005: Two pathetic old guys who are trying to re-live their glory days. Freddie's gone and has left a too big gap to fill.

Not those are losers who fall, but those who don't stand up.
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 31 May 04, 13:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Two pathetic old guys who are trying to re-live their glory days. Freddie's gone and has left a too big gap to fill."

Jeez...

Posted: 31 May 04, 14:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How are Bri and Rog pathetic? Some of you people really need to think before you say things. Isn't Paul Mcartney pathetic then? If people still want to see them, they they can carry on as far as Im concerned

rhapsody__87 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 971 posts

Posted: 31 May 04, 15:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"2005: Two pathetic old guys who are trying to re-live their glory days. Freddie's gone and has left a too big gap to fill."

That's a little judgemental... the only reason I'm against Live Aid 2 is because there never can be something to surpass Live Aid and with the absence of Freddie, it would have a bit of a feeling of sadness.

But what you said isn't exactly nice-- if they choose to take part in an event, they very well can! Brian and Roger are in no way pathetic, even though you might not agree with their current projects.

...Erica*

"I don't judge others. I say if you feel good with what you're doing, let your freak flag fly."

--Sarah Jessica Parker
Eoin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 10 posts

Posted: 31 May 04, 17:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry but i think you're all missing the point. It wouldn't matter how awful it was or how bad anyone looked as long as they were to raise money

FreDRicca_MeRcUrY user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 307 posts

Posted: 31 May 04, 17:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

because they can't come up with something more orginial *ROLLS EYES* another concert i won't be watching...

"I'm a wild flower. Somtimes looking quite wonderful in a collection of arrangement but also beautiful when standing alone.
NoOneButYou1975 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2320 posts

Posted: 31 May 04, 22:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FreDRicca_MeRcUrY wrote:

because they can't come up with something more orginial *ROLLS EYES* another concert i won't be watching...

for one the concert will never happen cause ...well the story was DENIED...

I'm caught in between with a fading dream ..........

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/QueenForADay

riku_queencdr user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 168 posts

Posted: 01 Jun 04, 02:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You can't compare McCartney and Brian/Roger. Macca is making new music and goes on tour to support his new compositions. Brian and Roger are too busy with the musical to make any new music.
This doesn't mean they are pathetic but I just wanted to point out you can't compare them.

Posted: 01 Jun 04, 07:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can compare who I want to whoever I want, besides that was the only guy I could think of and if it was denied then it was undenied coz Bono will announce it officially some time this week

Adam Baboolal

Posted: 01 Jun 04, 07:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Brian and Roger are too busy with the musical to make any new music."

Do you have cameras in their houses watching their every move? How else could you know that they aren't making any new music..? :)

Am I right in thinking that there are fans that just hate what Brian and Roger do, unless it's new music that's also connected as some major Queen product? I'm starting to wonder about that.

And no, I don't mean all fans here. But there are some who I feel could care less about what happens, regardless and would rather sit and slag them off.

Peace,
Adam.

iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 01 Jun 04, 07:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I couldn't picture it being big. Not with out...some guy who sings alright.

Just make it the cast of 46664 + some shonky shit heads that rap and Bill Clinton doing a sax solo. Fucking brilliant!

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
Adam Baboolal

Posted: 01 Jun 04, 10:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"it's a matter of fact!"

Are you trying to argue that Brian reports EVERYTHING he does? I only heard about the Guyton guitars (RS checked in early 2003) when he posted about the copies recently. The only hint he gave was about the original RS being in hospital last year. And remember NOBY?

Not again with the box sets. Why anger yourself over something that has not even been announced properly in any news? We know it exists, we know it's being worked on and it's cool to talk and speculate about contents etc. etc. But when you get angry about it not having been completed and released yet? - That's when you have to take a step back and think...

That's like people complaining about someone not having completed their album for release! It's just not fair to criticise that because they're figuring out the best way to release their work. Heck, this is the work that wasn't released before. Therefore it's a gift in my eyes.

It has been said that they're taking their time to get to the point where they've got the time to dedicate to it. No-one knows when it'll be completed. I've said it before, until we hear facts about the set(s), put it out of your mind. There's no point getting angry about something that is nowhere near finished. In fact, why get angry or annoyed?

"i'm glad some people can be satisfied with what brian and roger are doing now: I say lucky you!!"

That's because someone like myself has patience and can focus on the positive things. It's not like they're doing any bad at the moment. If you see it as bad, that's a shame. If you dislike it, that's fine.
I just don't like comparing the past with the present on this stuff. It can never compare, so it's not fair.

Peace,
Adam.

Adam Baboolal

Posted: 01 Jun 04, 11:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian and Roger are focussing on the musical etc. right now. But they have said that once that's out of the way (possibly in one years time) the box set will get their full attention. Until then, they've left that in the team's hands. Just remember that they (Bri n Rog) aren't the ones trawling through demos etc. in the vaults, they've got others doing that. Greg heading that one up.
So, if you think about it, they're not really needed yet. Not until it's all done. And from recent comments, I get the feeling that Roger would leave that to Brian anyway! hehe

And if you reread my post, you'd see that I did agree that we all have our own opinions on this. I just prefer to worry about life, rather than someone elses. :S

Peace,
Adam.

Adam Baboolal

Posted: 01 Jun 04, 18:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I meant that the London musical is possibly ending next year. Not the other ones in the world! lol