Forums > Personal > Alan Rickman

forum rss feed
Author

Under Pressure user not visiting Queenzone.com
Under Pressure
Bohemian: 989 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Jun 04, 11:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Considering there are so many spammish posts lately, I thought I'd give this a go.

I've been mildly obsessed with Alan Rickman since Galaxy Quest and Dogma came out, and after I saw Die Hard, I was on the verge of fangirl-itis.
I met him last Sunday (where he refused me an autograph signed "Yipee kiyay motherfucker!" -- but he gave me a normal one.), and I just watched Love Actually last night, and now I'm totally gone.

Anyone else a fan of him? Or am I just crazy?

"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." - FM
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 01 Jun 04, 11:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He's pretty cool! Dogma is one of my favorite movies, And largely because of his character... Though, Jay and Silent Bob's ridiculously stupid antics didn't hurt either. :P

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
Banquo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Banquo
Deity: 2636 posts

Posted: 01 Jun 04, 12:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

His Professor Snape is amazingly good. He's brilliant in Die Hard as well. I'm going this weekend to see Prisoner of Azkaban as soon as I can drag my nephew along.

Guess who's back?
Josuè user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1970 posts

Posted: 01 Jun 04, 12:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He's one of my favourite actors!! He's so cute, so damn deep and oh, his voice!!! Wonderful, WONDERFUL!!

He's role in 'Sense & Sensibility' is lovely!

An interview? Oh, don't be ridiculous...
Under Pressure user not visiting Queenzone.com
Under Pressure
Bohemian: 989 posts

Posted: 01 Jun 04, 13:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My friend: Hey, could you sign it Yippe Ki yay-
Me: MOtherfucker!?!
Alan Rickman: ... ... no. *sign sign*

PS - I loved Azkaban, but it cuts out a lot, so I'd skim the book before seeing it. (And there's slashy bits too!)

"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." - FM
Taylor-Mayed user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 7134 posts

Posted: 01 Jun 04, 15:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He's quite good, probably most memorable in his role as the Sheriff of Nottingham in "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves". One of those times when someone being in the right place at the right time made the film - the part was originally given to Richard E Grant, but he overran filming on "Hudson Hawk" so Rickman stepped in.

Rickman was nearly Rimmer in "Red Dwarf" too, which would have been... odd.

geeksandgeeks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4296 posts

Posted: 01 Jun 04, 15:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He was awesome in Michael Collins, and according to the one review on IMDb, he's the saving grace of the third Harry Potter. I'll have to see it for myself though.

I do occasionally get exhausted from hearing "ALAN RICKMAN IZ SEX ON LEGS!!!!" on the IMDb boards, but can't blame him for it.

God wants you to send me some money.

"Seven spades doubled, vulnerable, making seven? You BITCH."
Mrs.Taylor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1466 posts

Posted: 01 Jun 04, 16:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He TOTALLY made "Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves" and I thought the Texas video for the single "In Demand" was just SO romantic, and he didn't even DO anything. Galaxy Quest was so funny; I just love that deadpan/bored senseless expression that he does.

Have you seen Truly, Madly, Deeply as well?

Yes, it's me. I'm back.

I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on a disk somewhere
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 01 Jun 04, 16:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Alan is a great actor

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
Spiderleg Synthia user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1190 posts

Posted: 01 Jun 04, 17:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GREAT actor. God damn and blast him for being so sexy :)

*Mwah*
hamsters user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1539 posts

Posted: 01 Jun 04, 17:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Him? As Rimmer? Ahh that really would have been strange.
Although he is a fantastically talented actor I guess the age thing for me still pops upin the way.. I cant find someone older than my dad attractive...anyways you know what kind of guys I like.

Or if not just look in my profile.

"Big Man the Laltain sahib, Small Man the Mombatti."

-Arundhati Roy, THE GOD OF SMALL THINGS
Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 01 Jun 04, 18:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Quigley Down Under

An Aussie-Western

DJ's the man we love the most
Taylor-Mayed user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 7134 posts

Posted: 02 Jun 04, 13:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Indeed, Rickman was close to being Arnold J Rimmer. See:

http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/index.cfm?frameset=deck05/series_1/series_1_fs.html&page=casting.html

From which I quoth:

"Chris Barrie had been an impressionist at the Comedy Store before working with Rob and Doug on their radio show, Son of Cliché, as well as on TV in Spitting Image and Jasper Carrott's shows. Originally auditioning for Lister, he eventually nailed the part of Rimmer - a role coveted at one point by both Alfred Molina and Alan Rickman.

Rickman had, in fact, refused to audition with a reading, but was interested in both main parts. The writers, with Ed Bye, eventually talked him into trying out the lines - perhaps unsurprisingly - in a nearby pub. Other auditionees included David Badiel and Hugh Laurie; had casting gone in yet another direction, we could have seen Lee Cornes as Rimmer and Robert Bathurst as Lister! (Actors who made the shortlist for main characters would eventually be offered Red Dwarf guest roles.)"