Forums > Personal > Harry Potter 3: The Prisoner Of Azkaban

forum rss feed
Author

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Jun 04, 19:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who saw this movie? I did, and I must say it is REALLY different to the other two movies, which makes it hard for me to pick which of the three is my favourites. It's a definite must-see that I'd really recommend either way!

wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 05 Jun 04, 20:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Was ok. Quite different cuz of a new director. Very different from the book tho compared to the other 2.

MY GOD spell it write.
dragonzflame user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2456 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 04, 00:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

can't wait to see it, POA was the best of the books I thought.
The trailer looks superb.

When life hands you lemons, add vodka.
hamsters user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1539 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 04, 02:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

really dig the new director's creepy yet humourous style.

"Big Man the Laltain sahib, Small Man the Mombatti."

-Arundhati Roy, THE GOD OF SMALL THINGS
Banquo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Banquo
Deity: 2636 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 04, 09:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Absolutely so different to the first two. A brilliant director makes all the difference as does a great cast. I'll bang the drum now and say we British have the best actors in the world, Gary Oldman, Alan Rickman, Maggie Smith its like a who's who of great British talent all in one film.

Even the three youngsters have improved but can they maintain the roles as they grow older? I know Harry et al grow older in the books, but Daniel Radcliffe will probably be about 20 when the 7th film comes out.

Guess who's back?
Queenleaf user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1381 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 04, 10:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I really wnat to see it. I just can't wait to see how they do Sirius. THe trailer looks awesome. I haven't seen the first two, just read the books you know. I've gotta see them.

Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands and all you can do is scratch it.

-Sir Thomas Beecham to a lady cellist
Into La Ment user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 160 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 04, 14:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I saw it the other day.... In my opinion, 'twas rather good. Third book is my favourite, and I prefer this film's direction. Worth seeing just for Alan Rickman in such a ridiculous outfit.
But was I the only one who noticed Gary Oldman was possibly trying to pull off a Jack Sparrow-type role?

Previously known as 'Poodle Permed'.
rhapsody__87 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 971 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 04, 14:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can everyone (not you guys) shut up about friggin Harry Potter already? I'm soooooo sick of hearing about it... arrrrgh.

...Erica*

"I don't judge others. I say if you feel good with what you're doing, let your freak flag fly."

--Sarah Jessica Parker
geeksandgeeks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4296 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 04, 15:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queenleaf wrote:

I really wnat to see it. I just can't wait to see how they do Sirius. THe trailer looks awesome. I haven't seen the first two, just read the books you know. I've gotta see them.

This was my biggest problem with the film. Gary Oldman is a fine, fine actor, but I'm not sure he looked right for this role. Those "wanted" posters that kept showing up everywhere featured the face of an aging Italian pastry chef. That was no mad mass murderer.

The same goes for that Thewlis guy who played Lupin. He looked about as much like a werewolf as I look like Brian May.

Alan Rickman was the man of the hour. I was not overly impressed with the new Dumbledore, and the kids were the same as ever.

God wants you to send me some money.

"Seven spades doubled, vulnerable, making seven? You BITCH."

Posted: 06 Jun 04, 15:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well we're clearly not going to shut up.
Anyways, I havent heard much about it from anyone... a lot of people up here seem to have forgotten about the films.

I loved seeing alan rickman in that ridiculous outfit, brought a smile to a rather dreary day...I must say I think the sirius and remus slash fangirls are probably going to gripe though....
and argh, tom felton's hair will always make me cringe, greased back or flopping around...I really liked Hermione's character for once, she just seemed more human thant before... but yeah, its interesting seeing the cast grow up, makes me feel kind of old and like a mother.
I always wonder about cast changes... I think they can probably keep them till the 5th film or so, people are always cast in younger roles, you know? Speaking of which, what did you guys think of the new dumbledore? Something about him...:-/

~Silje~ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 978 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 04, 16:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rhapsody__87 wrote:

Can everyone (not you guys) shut up about friggin Harry Potter already? I'm soooooo sick of hearing about it... arrrrgh.

Well-ahm...You can always go for the option NOT to click a topic when the headline reads "Harry Potter". I'm sorry that you are so sick of hearing about it, and I'm sure you're not alone, but other people have their right to speak about whatever they want to speak about. One really great way to avoid reading about Harry Potter, is to refrain from clicking any link which has the word "Harry Potter" in it!

Sure, it's something different when people around you, such as your friends, constantly TALK about HP, you can't always escape that. However that's not our fault, and you can vent in front of your friends rather than in front of people you obviously don't have to interefere with at all, as you easily could avoid the topic.

Sorry to have a go at you, I was in the mood.

If God intended us to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport.

Posted: 06 Jun 04, 16:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

sorry for this random interruption but, Gosh, Silje, your hair is beautiful!

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 04, 16:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I loved the movie, much better and darker than the first 2. I think the first movie was just too 'Disney', And the 2nd one, I think, was aimed for the same people who would go and see Lord of the Rings. I was very pleased with the result of the 3rd movie, Saw some behind the scenes part of the 4rd movie already, looks very promising!

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
S@turn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 621 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 04, 16:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

we saw it today (sunday) for the 2nd time and it is a great movie

It is almost impossible to watch it without having read the book, too many differences, but it is great

Love the new directors' style, the humor and I as well am chrmed from the new player for Dumbledore

Missed Malfoy a bit, and wanted more of all, but ah well, we can always read the book

And no matter how you see it, sooner or later Harry Potter is going to grab you, it grab me this year and I am Potterised :)

Another fantastic posting of a wonderful person!

=================

all we need is internet-blog-blog, internet bla-bla

http://saturn.queenzone.com/

===

Let's make ourself better then we were befo
Virtuoso user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 806 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 04, 18:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

IMO,this one was much better than the 2 others.The casting is good and the story's darker,which is the main reason why the movie disparts itself from the first 2 Potter films.

When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power,The World Will Know Peace
rhapsody__87 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 971 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 04, 19:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Silje: "I'm sorry that you are so sick of hearing about it, and I'm sure you're not alone, but other people have their right to speak about whatever they want to speak about."

Silje!! I was in a very pissy mood also... I didn't say people couldn't discuss what they wanted to because then this wouldn't be a good message board now, would it? :) Don't get me wrong -- I think the books are fantastic but it's just so much Harry Potter Mania at once that it's driving me up the wall.

One day I'll see the movies. But I was running on a lack of sleep when I threw my two cents in, so forgive me!

...Erica*

"I don't judge others. I say if you feel good with what you're doing, let your freak flag fly."

--Sarah Jessica Parker
Banquo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Banquo
Deity: 2636 posts

Posted: 07 Jun 04, 12:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm with Saturn I was a Potter-Sceptic saying for ages its a kids film and book and I don't need to waste my life watching the films. I saw the first one on pirate and thought it was ok, I took my nephew to watch the second one and was well impressed. But this third one is fantastic. A perfect way to waste 2 hours of your life.

I havn't read the books I don't have time to read.

Guess who's back?
geeksandgeeks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4296 posts

Posted: 07 Jun 04, 12:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Banquo wrote:

I'm with Saturn I was a Potter-Sceptic saying for ages its a kids film and book and I don't need to waste my life watching the films. I saw the first one on pirate and thought it was ok, I took my nephew to watch the second one and was well impressed. But this third one is fantastic. A perfect way to waste 2 hours of your life.

I havn't read the books I don't have time to read.

You don't need time for the books. The longer ones take about 20 minutes to read, they move really fast.

God wants you to send me some money.

"Seven spades doubled, vulnerable, making seven? You BITCH."

Posted: 07 Jun 04, 13:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

some people need every minute they can get....

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 07 Jun 04, 15:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What I missed most was that there wasn't enough time spent in the classrooms. And the werewolf Lupin hardly looked like a werewolf. But then again, it was something original, just as the REAAAAAALLLLYY creepy Dementors.