Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Freddie's Journey..

forum rss feed
Author

Sicmot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 373 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Jun 04, 22:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To put it shortly.. In Borap he begins his life long journey (Mamaa Ive got to go, gotta leave you all behind and face the truth..) just to end it in the yearning to get back in the beginning in Mother love.. "Mama please let me back inside.." So it all did matter.. despite "nothing really matters to me.." fallible was he.. fallible and human.. :)

God created man from dust, man replied with sin and lust..
Banquo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Banquo
Deity: 2636 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 04, 01:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

'Fallable was he' who are you? Yoda? Just enjoy the songs for what they are, don't analyse them as Freddie himself said they are disposable pop. And Brian wrote the bulk of Mother Love so your point is invalid anyway.

It isn't personal but I hate Queen fans who say there are hidden meanings in Freddie's songs, there isn't. Brian's songs are another story of course.

Guess who's back?
Gunpowder Gelatine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2541 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 04, 02:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not sure what Freddie's songs meant, but I think they had some sort of meaning. He did say they were disposable pop, but I don't know...For some reason, it seems like there's something below the surface. Brian has said before, using the disposable pop quote, that he didn't believe it was the truth, and that Freddie's songs did have meaning.

Resistance is futile. You are now an orb.

Josuè user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1970 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 04, 05:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like to think, well, I feel that when Freddie said that about disposable pop... it actually was a shy reaction, as he wouldn't want to admit he made the songs from the bottom of his heart, with a lot of effort and dedication. Or maybe is an arrogant reaction.

An interview? Oh, don't be ridiculous...
Sonja user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 931 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 04, 05:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't know, looking at Fred's lyrics I don't think they had a special meaning or message behind or whatever but then again I believe that everyone who writes songs and put them out for others to hear that there must be something they want to say to the people with their songs.

"This world may be another planet's hell."

- Aldous Huxley
RainMustFall user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 258 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 04, 06:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just like you would think Freddie killed someone with the lyric "Mama, just killed a man..." but actually, Brian confesses to murder at least 3 times in Put Out the Fire.

You lead a fairytale existance,

But into every life a litte

Rain must fall.
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 04, 08:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I second that Matt!

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel

Posted: 12 Jun 04, 10:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Banquo wrote:

'Fallable was he' who are you? Yoda? Just enjoy the songs for what they are, don't analyse them as Freddie himself said they are disposable pop. And Brian wrote the bulk of Mother Love so your point is invalid anyway.

It isn't personal but I hate Queen fans who say there are hidden meanings in Freddie's songs, there isn't. Brian's songs are another story of course.

Yes, I was being errondeous there.. fallable was he, and Im next to yoda.

Brian may have written most of it.. but not without freddie's influence.. mental and emotional dictation.. if U catch my drift. The song Mother Love is all about Freddie.. his mental sound.

And yes I will analyze them.. and actually what I meant was that his circle of life had its beginning and ending where it closed.. from womb to womb..

And what or who are you to say there arent "hidden meanings".. for fucks sake.. of course there are meanings.. how the hell U can write a song if U dont have any idea whats it about.. every fucking song people write are driven and motivated by emotions.. and in freddie's case those emotions were much stronger than someone more average songwriters.. he wrote his songs by and thru his emotions.. intuition.. from experiences in both physical and emotional and mental life sometimes in plain sometimes in metaphora form.

U senceless and emotionless prick just cant see it. cos all U experience is what U see, smell and hear..

In example Mother love is all about his struggle in his last days.. its full of hope in all its desolation.. so the "hidden" meaning is to live Ur life to the full untill the bitter end no matter how it hurts. But the problem is that.. since the writers of those songs have not said it clearly "hey the meaning of this particular song is this and that".. U conclude the truth is that simple when its not. the meaning is hidden in those cases in the emotional level.. too far for your kinds to reach.

rhapsody__87 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 971 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 04, 10:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I thought with Mother Love that Freddie wrote the whole thing and Brian finished it off, writing the last four lines or so. I definitely read that somewhere on his site because he was saying how Mother Love was the last thing Freddie sang and he was almost done with it, but never came back into the studio. Then Brian finished it up.

But who am I to know anything? :)

...Erica*

"I don't judge others. I say if you feel good with what you're doing, let your freak flag fly."

--Sarah Jessica Parker

Posted: 12 Jun 04, 11:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rhapsody__87 wrote:

I thought with Mother Love that Freddie wrote the whole thing and Brian finished it off, writing the last four lines or so. I definitely read that somewhere on his site because he was saying how Mother Love was the last thing Freddie sang and he was almost done with it, but never came back into the studio. Then Brian finished it up.

But who am I to know anything? :)

I agree with you.. it was really the final final thing freddie wrote after A Winters Tale.. thus he never had time to finnish the lyrics like as to sing the last verse brian finished.

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 04, 12:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think Freddie's songs had personal meanings to them. What they are we'll never know and maybe Freddie didn't want us to know. Maybe he just wanted us to enjoy the songs and make our own meanings out of them.

One opinion I do have on when Freddie said his songs were disposable pop...I don't think he really meant that or believed that himself. I think he was just being humble. I would like to believe that Freddie knew his songs and the songs written by other Queen members were more than just words being put to music. That is just my thought though and I didn't know Freddie personally so I guess I shouldn't comment but just my thoughts.

I can stop being a stepford now too I suppose.

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6373 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 04, 12:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A marriage made in Hell?? Sicmot & Melina???

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come

Posted: 12 Jun 04, 12:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bullwinkle wrote:

A marriage made in Hell?? Sicmot & Melina???

Made in Heaven.. you unbelievers and lady preachers...

Josuè user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1970 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 04, 12:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lol

An interview? Oh, don't be ridiculous...
egret user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 109 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 04, 16:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with Lisser, not to be too Stepfordy. :)

I read some earlier interviews where Freddie complained about negative critical reactions and bitched that reviewers were close-minded and didn't really understand all the band's artistic purposes -- it was all very art-school-boy. It was only later that he consistently said his work was disposable or meaningless. (This work that he persisted in doing until his last breath.) I think he just got tired of explaining himself and said "whatever." (Either that, or the early albums were profound meditations and the later ones were meaningless trash. Ha. I suppose some would debate it.) Anyway, it's a marked difference in how he spoke to the media. I think his distrust of the media just increased as he got older so he spoke less to them.

Speculatively,
Egret

dragonzflame user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2456 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 04, 20:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I thought that I heard Brian say somewhere that Freddie would tell him he was coming into the studio so he'd start writing words for him to do and Freddie would insist on singing them despite protests that they weren't quite right.
Or am I thinking of something else?

When life hands you lemons, add vodka.
Azmandaman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 333 posts

Posted: 13 Jun 04, 10:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dissposable POP and you guys agree
shit why am I here!!

Bloody trash made pop!!! grr!!

too much sweetness is starting to turn

on all of us

Jab and Tranquilize the sour vibe.

so the taste of the bitter pills be our discipline once again

(Shaggy)

Pluto user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 778 posts

Posted: 13 Jun 04, 20:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

right...

I’ll kick and scream or kneel and bleed

I’ll fight like hell to hide that I’m giving up

-Bright Eyes

Another Travelin' Song
the oppositionist user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 882 posts

Posted: 13 Jun 04, 21:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As a song writer, i know for a fact how hard it is to write songs with absolutely no meaning. I hate to say it, but freddie may well have said his songs were disposable pop because he didnt want to have to explain any hidden meanings.

melinadeacon@queenzone.com
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 14 Jun 04, 00:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the oppositionist wrote:

As a song writer, i know for a fact how hard it is to write songs with absolutely no meaning. I hate to say it, but freddie may well have said his songs were disposable pop because he didnt want to have to explain any hidden meanings.

Definitely agree.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca